Firefox tracks users with Google Analytics

Firefox tracks users with Google Analytics

>Firefox has been integrated with the spyware platform called "Google Analytics", according tothis github post. Firefox has been confirmed to now send analytics to Google, and more importantlydoes not allow for an opt-out.According to a Firefox developer the spyware in Firefox is "extremely useful to us and we have already weighed the cost/benefit of using tracking." and that Firefox will not remove Google Analytics support entirely. Firefox's position on privacy is made very clear with this quote:

>"Wanted to address your position though: We don't give the "data directly to Google". See the discussion here: bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=858839. The short version is: tl;dr: We now have an option to opt-out of Google doing anything with the data that Google Analytics collections on Mozilla websites. GA tracking is anonymous and at the aggregate level and we use it to improve the experience of our websites. We are collecting aggregate and non-identifiable data in numbers to ensure our development/UX changes are met well. We can respect privacy and still have analytics; in fact Mozilla's aim is for an experience that values user privacy and usability (I'd say Apple also wants UX that fits that mold, as an example). We need some data, anonymised and aggregated, to do this. "

>The best takeaway to this is that Mozilla wants to pretend that including spyware in their program is somehow not a breach of privacy, and that Firefox could possibly be respecting user privacy while simultaneously collecting data on users and sending it to Google. It's strongly suggested to read the github thread and the further anti-privacy statements the Mozzilla employee makes while defending the spyware features in Firefox. It's very dangerous to assert that there is somehow a middle ground between respecting user privacy and datamining the user.

>people told me to leave the chrome botnet
>find out things are the same with FF

Attached: Pathetic.jpg (135x192, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances.
youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be me:
>stop using Firefox it was taken over by sjw communists, you are supporting authoritarians, they run their company from the inside like dictators, and you are supporting the end of freedom by continuing to give their platform market share
be faggot on Jow Forums:
>hur durr muh Jow Forums, firefaggot is dah bestest, Waterfox doesn’t even get security updates (it does)

this timeline is great

Yeah, I noticed recently that Firefox has handles to plenty of named pipes with chrome in their name. I don't even have Chrome installed.

Mozilla is dying, and that's a good thing.

What do I use that has ff add-ons?

Firefox has been taken over for at least 5 years now probably more. In 2012 they removed their own CEO for donating personal (not Mozilla’s) funds to a pro family charity. Even homosexuals stopped using FF to protest their immorality.
I fucking warned you retards. Start using something else sooner rather than later so that something else can start to gain traction and push its own development faster. Never consume a communist product

Jow Forums was right by the way. Again.

Convince me to use Waterfox. I need strong security that comes out in a timely manner, a platform compatible with umatrix and ublock, and at least 90% of the speed I get from FF.

Waterfox gets backported security updates, isn’t on quantum, supports legacy extensions, is built for privacy and security,

>hurr there's a Google analytics script on the download Firefox page
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Especially when considering how they're going to start datamining your browser history in the new update.

>hurr this is totally related to the identity politics bullshit that I push and not just people wanting money
Kill yourself retard.

>it's fucking nothing

Attached: 1521165988625.gif (333x358, 1.83M)

Would you guys recommend Waterfox out of all the forks?

>everything communist lesbian niggers touch doesn’t turn into shit and gets used solely to push their political agenda
Oh right there was that ummm... that one time, you know with the.... umm....

Attached: 01147AB0-73F6-4ED4-9E8C-C1E38082CF7E.jpg (500x454, 64K)

Good thing I use chrome.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
>hurrr my lesbian nigger friends at Mozilla aren’t pushing a political agen—

Is Icecat still safe?

>Supporting a desert (((Christian)))
Good goy

What's wrong with removing an idiot who supports stupid things from power in your company? You'd be happy if they removed an sjw from power, why is it any different when it's some dumb ass pro lifer?

Attached: image.jpg (570x668, 634K)

If you're using Chrome, then your micro-browsing data is accessible to Google.

If you're using Firefox, then your browsing trends get lumped together with millions of other users browsing data and reported in aggregate by general demographic hooks like age range, gender, race, and country (maybe state).

And if you want to equate these two data gathering and reporting techniques, then I've got some hot oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.

>supporting freedom
>removing your CEO over an opinion
Pick one, communist

nice bait but i'll still reply
i don't care what anyone does off the clock in an organisation. a SJW can protest against whitey all they want as long as it doesn't affect the org or use org funding

The only reason I’d end up having to remove SJW is if they’re making it harder for non SJWs to work there, or explicitly biased and only hiring other SJWs if they’re in charge of HR or something. Which is almost every SJW particularly if they went to college where they were trained specifically to do just those things

Removing a CEO over their stupid opinions. If that's communist than bring on my red guard uniform.

Attached: image.jpg (600x745, 319K)

>Apple user detected

>lmao guys SJW are a boogeyman
>wtf how this dystopian society ever came to be i don't understand

Attached: 1524638012914.png (580x515, 532K)

>not wanting nazis to kill off everyone is "dystopian"

I think you need to go back to Jow Forums.

exactly. they need to understand when the time and place for politics is, but they're too dense for that

It's something you should have been blocking yourself years ago.

>everyone who is part of a race I don't like or has a sexual orientation I don't like tries to use everything at their disposal to push their political agenda
Reminder that identity politics will fry your brain.

>we need communists to stop Nazis
>never mind the fact that Nazis only ever gained power in countries where communism was being pushed aggressively and fascism was used as a desperate measure to stop it
>hurrr the best way to stop fascists is by creating the conditions that allow them to gain traction.
Dumb shit

It’s not that they’re too dense for it, it’s that they’re literally trained not to, they’re trained to be political revolutionaries 1st and everything else 2nd, a la Saul Alinsky
>SJW communists aren’t overwhelmingly lesbian niggers
Sure sure

Firefox already built in a universal backdoor and has used it to install software on their user's computer without their consent. If you're still using Firefox after this, then that's on you.

>people told me to leave the chrome botnet

If these people told you this after the SJW takeover then they're SJWs or useful idiots. Find alternatives man.

Firefags will defend this

I'm not a communist or a fascist but I would like a web browser. What do?

Attached: 1463361264831.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Anything that respects privacy and freedom, of their customers, and their own staff. There is no browser for fascists, only browsers for communists and retards

>Firefox already built in a universal backdoor and has used it to install software on their user's computer without their consent
...you mean normal software updates? Not saying that Mr. Robot shit wasn't unprofessional as fuck, but trying to paint it as them using some sinister backdoor rather than normal updates to push it is ridiculous.

>linking a discussion started FIVE YEARS AGO
off yourself
btw higurashi is god tier tho

>and we use it to improve the experience of our websites
Is that why it still runs miles behind Chrome for years now?

They installed adware on user's computers without their consent using a universal backdoor. Defending these actions in the free software community is ridiculous. Meanwhile they're bundling google spyware in their browser as well. It goes against everything Mozilla used to stand for.

Attached: 1525140474354.jpg (112x125, 4K)

>Ubuntu includes amazon plugin, all hell breaks loose
>Mozilla included pocket and google analytics and lesbian niggers line up to suck their dicks

It's a sign of things to come. Now is a good time to get acquainted with alternatives. What OS would you use after Linux has fallen to the enemy? I'm familiarizing myself with another one in case that day comes.

>not using raw WebKit-based browser
Epiphany or Midori is all you need.

Attached: image.png (640x480, 152K)

So software updates = universal backdoors and having a Google analytics script on their website = bundling Google spyware in their browser? Anything else you want to try to redefine in a ridiculous way?

>What OS would you use after Linux has fallen to the enemy?
I don't think you understand how Linux works.

BSD probably, it has the better software license (GNU is already communist), but it’s so ugly and would take so much work to make usable, and commies already have FreeBSD apparently.
Linux won’t fall all together though, it’ll likely diverge into two veins based on philosophy.

use qutebrowser

>Firefox
Who the fuck still uses SJWfox?
Everyone uses Waterfox of PaleMeme.

>bsd license is the better software license

Attached: 1495700936853.png (457x500, 59K)

GNU is always safe.

i guess if you like a chastity cage for a license

So which one should I switch to?

Attached: 42347534523.jpg (200x160, 31K)

Try Brave browser. Mozilla CEO left to let to let the SJWs wallow in self virtue & founded Brave software. It's Chromium based, but blocks out intrusive ads & all tracking software; shuts the backdoor so Chromium can't phone (((home))).

i hate waterfox, what about chromnium??

Attached: 1523419154462.gif (498x272, 1.33M)

BASED BRAVE

Attached: mm.jpg (225x225, 8K)

The linked bugzilla item is 5 years old. Also it refers to Google Analytics on the Mozilla website. This doesn't have anything to do with the Firefox browser.

Once again, Jow Forums is retarded.

Why doesn't Brave have a night mode? How? I'm appalled right now.

The website (including analytics) are loaded by the addon preference tab. Fresh firefox installs also load analytics and google cookies on the startup pages.

It's in still development. They are focusing on developing Tor Tabs, & opt in ads that pay the user in crypto right now. Cosmetic features will come with full release and it goes open source.

Attached: 2018-05-06-222213_587x612_scrot.png (587x612, 11K)

>mozilla.org uses Google analytics
Shit clickbait thread, fuck off

What's a good non-botnet search engine since DuckDuckGo is a scam?

>DuckDuckGo is a scam
Explain how

What we have here so far : shitty Firefox fork shills, Brave shills, autistic underaged magapedes from Jow Forums, genuine and honest racists (what the fuck...) in 2018 and baiters who have nothing else to do of their freetime. Shills are particularly quick to jump on the occasion to promote their alternative. You people realize that you're just switching from one botnet to another if you follow their advices? May I remind you that Chrome is bloated and scanning your files, that Brave put ads in your face but claims to have your privacy interests in mind, that Waterfox is prone to heavy security issues on top of being outdated and slower software? You'd better stick with Firefox Quantum. I admit that you have to dig a little in about:config, but if you cared about your privacy you'd do that from the start anyway. Stick. With. Firefox. There's no better option.
Based. Too bad you both happen to be shills, or autistic Jow Forumstards...

Attached: IoMn.jpg (582x620, 83K)

>genuine and honest racists (what the fuck...) in 2018
>in 2018
You mean current year + 3.

>data stored in plain text
just like twitter

merchant?

I think this proves more than anything, that memes are about creating content onto an established context.
Once you've internalized the concept, the content is just that.

Attached: 3hoursingimp.png (800x600, 3K)

Brave doesn't even have it's ads running yet dipshit. Not to mention they will be opt in.

I just want falkon to get ublock, umatrix and some kind of vim bindings addon and I'll switch from waterfox in a heartbeat.
inshallah it'll happen bros
It's already stable and lightweight as fuck

i might aswell just give up and switch to chromeos
(with the ssh app it is oretty comfy desu)

Chrome is another word for the ui of a program, hence the file userchrome.css which determines the "chrome" or look of your browser. Those pipes probably have to do with that. Analytics are probably running in a regular browser thread.

Searx. It's an AGPLv3 meta-search engine that aggregates results from multiple other engines. Searx.me is a popular instance but can be slow sometimes so you could use another one from the list github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances.

i wish there was a browser engine that rendered the webpage and wasn't actually responsible for networking code. then delegate actually downloading the page to an external program such as curl
you're right, ISC is the better choice

I second Searx, it's great. If speed is a concern, however, and you don't trust any of the many instances, you can host your own, solving both problems.

r07 is a racist. Why are you posting characters made by him?

I'm a genuine and honest racist, but I have to agree. As soon as I learn about some shit Firefox has, I start looking for alternatives, but they are all overall worse. Firefox has issues, but it's still the best we have at the moment.

>The first article—designed to inform—receives limited attention. The second article—designed for virality—accumulates shares. It exploits cognitive bias, belief echos, and algorithmic filter bubbles. It percolates across the Internet, spreading misinformation.

Mozilla wants to outlaw clickbait?

thanks. i like the fact it works beautifully without js, requests are POSTed but you still get a search URL on the page, the fact clicking on an image takes you straight to full image.

google maps navigation is still too convenient for me to abandon google entirely.

i think he just didn't want to repeat the word "botnet" aka "i don't like it"

You guys do realize that even HAVING an internet CONNECTION allows anyone and anything to spy and look at your data, right?

Everything is already compromised, but most of the spies don't give a shit most of the time.

So now that firefox is no different from chrome, is it worth actually switching to chrome?

>5-year old bug report
>the "bug" is that firefox.com has Google Analytics tracking
>OP makes an alarmist thread claiming that Firefox itself has Google Analytics embedded, and that it cannot be disabled
What's up with all these anti-mozilla shills?

Attached: 1523071821865.png (720x542, 478K)

>The website (including analytics) are loaded by the addon preference tab
This bug has been fixed. If you have Do Not Track enabled, the Google Analytics script doesn't run anymore.
>Fresh firefox installs also load analytics
Only how much it took the program to start and if there were any errors.
>and google cookies on the startup pages.
This is a blatant lie and makes no sense. How are they going to "load" "Google cookies" exactly? SafeBrowsing and Malware Scan don't work that way at all.

>Jow Forums was right by the way. Again.
>(((anti-Jow Forums shills))) btfo. Again.
In terms of other software:
>Brave
>Falkon (KDE)
Falkon is actually looking pretty decent but is not great as a Dev Browser as it does not appear to have an "Inspect Element" tool.

Yes, absolutely.

We got you covered SJW cuck. Get out and go back to your containment website with all the tumblrinas and redditors

youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY

>e-celeb shit
GET OUT

Attached: 1467774355770.gif (322x322, 1.95M)

He's not wrong though.

Attached: 1521683113006.jpg (680x510, 30K)

So it's just a bunch of Jow Forumstards, I see.

Attached: 1510402913857-vp.png (800x480, 198K)

>shilling for a SJW shit fest

Attached: 1522419278562.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Pretty sure GA is also on the extensions page which is a part of Firefox and not just some affiliate site.

Pretty sure anyone who uses uMatrix has blocked Google Analytics several years ago.

Half the posts you quoted weren't even shilling for Firefox, off you'reself.

Its just a cluster fuck of a shitpost man this is shitposting 2.0

Let's ignore OP's bullcrap and talk more about Higurashi. Who was the better sister?

Attached: Who.jpg (720x543, 169K)

If you enable Do Not Track the Google Analytics script isn't loaded in the addons page.

>uMatrix blocks scripts on about:* (by default)
no it does not, and im not even sure if you can make it block on more recent phagfox versions
check your firewall logs

>Among all those posts, nobody bothered to post the source
This may be 5 year old news, but still. OP being the faggot he is forgot to link the source. Firefox is officially compromised anyway, better switch for Brave or Icecat.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

Attached: 1519929479180.jpg (971x565, 139K)

Brave is also proprietary. Which makes it completely unusable.

That article has so many inaccuracies and misinformation it hurts to read.

Attached: bpTAGtm.jpg (500x329, 34K)