My neighbors kids are loud as fuck and keep me awake...

My neighbors kids are loud as fuck and keep me awake. I wanted to get one of those Mosquito alarms that make the noise that only teens and younger can hear to make them fuck off, but they're like $1200. Would a speaker like pic related do the job?

Attached: 61ZoWfe-MrL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CRnBghGOUnM
sciencemag.org/news/2014/09/sounds-you-cant-hear-can-still-hurt-your-ears
youtu.be/AoWxYimEC_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

Imagine being this autistic. Just go and ask their parents to make them keep it down. If not just blast loud as fuck music at 4AM when everyone is asleep.

>rather pollute the environment with yet another useless source of sound & electromagnetism
>than just asking parents to make kids shut up

being this much of a manlet

I have asked their parents, they don't care.

>asking neighbors for permission.

Attached: 1521099701808.jpg (881x664, 58K)

How late in the night exactly?

No, I mean I asked them if they can keep their kids quiet and they aren't interested in complying.

>(You) for great reading comprehension

They're being loud during the day. I work at night and sleep during the day. My window points at their driveway and they're out there screeching and banging things around for hours.

I came to this thread to post this comment. oh look its already posted because its fucking common sense. buy a gun OP that'll only make noise one time and stop the kids from ever making noise again. I can't believe your solution to noise bothering you was buy an expensive device which makes more noise, a truly fight fire with fire jamal brain sized plan. I don't even post much i try and lurk but this was so fucking retarded I'm terminally ill now and am expecting compensation.

>I can't believe your solution to noise bothering you was buy an expensive device which makes more noise
It doesn't make more noise, no one over the age of 20 or so can even hear it.

>kids are being a little noisy
>haha just kill them xD
How old are you exactly? I'd wager not old enough to be here, that's for sure.

That's a personal problem then dude. It's one thing if they're being that loud at night, but you can't expect everybody to accommodate your unusual schedule. They're kids, kids have energy and play and be loud, when the fuck else do you expect them to?

>>I can't believe your solution to noise bothering you was buy an expensive device which makes more noise
>It doesn't make more noise, no one over the age of 20 or so can even hear it.

Not true I can still hear what does it mean?? Op?

Sure. And now it's their problem if I decide to play a high frequency noise out my window.

It means you're an outlier.

>It means you're an outlier.

Finally somewhere I belong

Except that's directly disturbing the peace, whereas kids being loud is just people existing.
Get some earplugs. My roommate works night shift and he just stuffs his ears when the neighbors dog won't shut the fuck up.

>Except that's directly disturbing the peace
No it's not, it's perfectly legal. Local businesses have them playing all day every day.

Maliciously playing loud noises, even if they're in the "young cunt" frequency range, is disturbing the peace.
Using those mosquito alarms is fine because they're not played at insanely high volumes, what you're proposing would require that which is *not* legal.

>Using those mosquito alarms is fine because they're not played at insanely high volumes
Where did I say I would play it at an insanely high volume? I've checked the local bylaws, as long as I keep it around the same volume as a lawnmower there's no legal issue here.

In order for it to be any kind of actual deterrent for a person you would absolutely violate that law.

Seriously dude just get earplugs, it'll save you a shitload of time and money

>In order for it to be any kind of actual deterrent for a person you would absolutely violate that law.
No, that's not true at all. An 85db sound will absolutely be heard in the driveway 10 feet away from my window without breaking any laws.

Well go buy your $1200 mosquito alarm then, you nutjob.

I'll probably be able to just get a $100 speaker, from what I understand.

Holy fuck what kind of thread is this. Why don't you just get some earplugs you vindictive asshole? A friend of mine in highschool had a neighbour who out one of those things in his window and my friend developed a sleeping disorder from it. Guy takes meds just to go to bed now.

Who knew people on the internet could be so malicious

>Not killing the dad raping the mom in front of the kids then chaining her in your basement forever then killing and raping the daughter then turning the youngest son into your cocksleve trap gf.

>A friend of mine in highschool had a neighbour who out one of those things in his window and my friend developed a sleeping disorder from it.
Yes, and I'm sure this consequence of a high frequency vibration is supported by science and not just something your friend blamed his sleeping disorder on.

You are totally right, I'm not a doctor and I didn't see his medical notes but it's what he says and I don't see why he would lie to me about it so I'll believe it

>improving quality of life while adhering to all local bylaws
>malicious

>lie
You know how hypochondria works, right?

If a sleeping disorder is the only thing I have heard him complain about, and get diagnosed in a lifetime of knowing him I highly doubt he is a hypocondriac

He probably has a sleeping disorder, but it's impossible for a mosquito alarm to have caused it. He might believe that's what caused it, but he isn't correct.

Literally reported for illegal activity and sent anonymous tip. Hope your local authorities track you down.

They drew first blood, cuck. Fight noise with noise

>illegal activity
kek

Not only is it not illegal, but I haven't even done anything yet. What are they going to do, arrest me for conspiring to obey the law?

>My neighbors kids are loud as fuck and keep me awake.
I have the same situation but we came to a silent agreement where I can listen to loud music at all times and in return they can be loud brats at all times.
Admittedly I would listen to loud music if they weren't here anyway.

How does he hear his alarm clock?

Go out and tell the kids if they do not be quiet you will eat them.

Does high frequency can damage your hearing at loud volume even if you cannot hear/process it anymore? I mean 15 to 25khz sound wave

Or just eat them then tell them to be quiet

BUT TODAY YOU JUST READ
THAT THE KIDS WERE SHOT DEAD
BY A GUN THAT DIDN'T MAKE ANY NOISE

Yes. Just because you can't hear it doesn't mean it's not fucking with your hearing.

Insulate your house. If you have nonshit thermal insulation, you generally also don't have much noise.

[citation needed]

>i can't hear it so it's not there

If the cilla that picks up that frequency is dead, it's dead. There's nothing left to damage.

Just play this at max volume, worked great on niggers when I lived in the ghetto.
youtu.be/CRnBghGOUnM

lol the embodiment of Jow Forums

you're literally worse than a redditor, please consider killing yourself

Attached: 1489871987818.png (250x252, 51K)

I had the same issue with neighborhood dogs, I solved it by physically threatening them and they motherfucking dogs.

Are you fucking retarded?

sciencemag.org/news/2014/09/sounds-you-cant-hear-can-still-hurt-your-ears

Yes, frequencies above human hearing will still damage your hearing.

That is just... not even close to how ears work.

Jesus I knew people on the internet were dumb as shit but I hoped that Jow Forums wouldn't be this fucking stupid

>The changes aren’t directly indicative of hearing loss, but they do mean that the ear may be temporarily more prone to damage after being exposed to low-frequency sounds, Drexl explains. “Even though we haven’t shown it yet, there’s a definite possibility that if you’re exposed to low-frequency sounds for a longer time, it might have a permanent effect,” Drexl adds.

wow, thanks for the conclusive evidence

Attached: 158293956624.jpg (645x729, 43K)

How do ears work then, little guy?

check the specifications of the speaker, if it goes to up to 20 kHz then it will probably work; don't use youtube videos, the opus/aac track was already transcoded and it won't pick up those frequencies

youtu.be/AoWxYimEC_I

Here OP. Now ask a kid in your family or in the neighbourhood and ask them whenever they hear a sound, and find oit where you dont hear ot anymore.

Or just blast some opera music at daytime.

Lol y'all go ahead and stick a 25kHz source next to your head at 120dB. Let me know how it goes :^)

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that you're a narcissistic fuckup. A sane person would understand that kids make noise. A sane person would get earplugs, a white noise generator, wear headphones with soft music, whatever.

An insane person would feel that the kids playing is an act of war, and would fight back by buying a speaker and playing a loud high pitched tone.

You're out of your goddamn mind.

I doubt this. Basically you need a very good quality, almost like a subwoofer, to generate a low enough frequency. Also as others have said some adults can hear it.

It's a dog eat dog world out there, cuck

>earplugs
filthy things that give you ear infections and wax impaction if you wear them frequently for long periods of time. there's a reason construction and factory workers use earmuffs instead, and good luck falling asleep with those on your head.
>a white noise generator
white noise doesn't magically cancel out loud noise from outside.
>headphones with soft music
again, good luck sleeping with these on. also, listening to music doesn't solve the noise problem, it just adds different noise.

you're a stupid faggot.

>to generate a low enough frequency.
Good thing the idea is to play a high frequency then, or this would actually be an issue.

It's actually not that hard to sleep in earmuffs. I do it all the time.

>doesn't know how ears work
>calls others dumb for not knowing how ears work

but white noise does sort of does cancel out the noise from outside. lots of people use it for that. it raises the general noise floor but it makes actual environmental sounds less distinguishable and you sleep better because of it.

you need to grow up and deal with your shit
waging war with ultrasonic weapons is literally crazy in a bad bad way my dude

>deal with your shit
Yeah, it's almost like that's what's being done.
>ultrasonic weapons
It's a bose speaker playing an 80db pure tone. It's in no way illegal and in no way harmful.

I'm on your side OP. Nothing in this world is worse than loud humans. Just check the specs on the speaker and make sure it doesn't cut off low.
Perhaps something like a PA speaker would be best, then just hook it up to your PC and use a tone generator right outside what you hear.
Maybe don't use of every day at first but just enough to condition the kids not to be annoying.

I hate when people can't train their dogs.

How about you quit being a passive aggressive lonely nerd and tell them to fuck off

That's the opposite of fun. Fuck loud children, they are a nuisance.
This whole site turned to shit when the user base grew up. Bunch of normie moralfag pieces of shit ITT

It seems like OP just really wants to use his stupid high pitch tone generator, no matter how stupid it is. I mean, who woulda thunk, kids go outside and make noise during the day.

Yeah, you're right, we aren't edgy enough to be a grown ass adult playing a fucking sound at some kids on the street and laughing maniacally at how we totally rekt those kids amirite

I live in a condo complex that is adults only. Thanks to fucking leftists getting into government they changed the law to make age discrimination illegal. Lucky for me they included a 8 year grace period. Long enough to vote back in conservatives that will allow contracts that limit based on age. That said condo bylaws allow for vastly lower noise levels so all you have to do is report the screaming kids, hitting the unit with $100 fines per infraction.

Some cunt has a diesel truck with a bad turbo on it and a thermostat starter that starts his truck whenever it's temperature dropped below some set point. After asking the guy to fix his turbo, switch parking spots with someone further away from the building, back his truck in so the exhaust points away from the building or take some other measure I filed 25 complains over a long weekend including video recordings with a sound meter. He got hit with $2,500 in fines from the condo association and was told he would keep being fined every time his truck broke the noise threshold and it was reported.

He parked on the street and had his truck towed in the middle of the night when the houses the condo is around reported his truck.
He threatened to sue to condo for the condo fines, impound and towing cost from the city. The condo told him he would lose and be forced to pay legal costs, which they would be happy to recover by taking his condo.

In the end he fixed his turbo and started to back his truck in.
His justification was that he couldn't hear his truck. While living on the back side of the building away from the parking lot.

Attached: fthisguy.jpg (783x828, 110K)

I'm going to go with the OP on this one. If you I've somewhere where houses are that close, bring quiet should be the standard for everyone. If you want your kids to play and be loud, take them to a park. Luckily I can sleep with earplugs in because my ears have almost no wax, but I can't imagine trying to sleep during the day because of work if I couldn't sleep with them in.

What a fucking twat. "I can't hear it so it's not an issue."

Target the poor, wise

Being poor is not an excuse for acting like an inconsiderate asshole.

I try not to be a dick. For example every year just after new years the person above me tries to exercise for a week or so and I can hear them bouncing around. Thump, thump, thump. And every year they only last about 15 days before giving up.

The guy beside me that has my mirror unit had his washing machine so fucked that I thought he was trying to murder someone. He was 70 and couldn't hear anything, but after morning of work we fixed his machine so it wouldn't nearly destroy itself on the spin dry phase. Problem solved.

But truck guy. Just fuck him.
Pic unrelated just another sad shot of the parking lot in winter. I have a stall in the underground parking area, well worth the extra $10,000 on my purchase price.

Attached: snow2.jpg (785x1045, 180K)

Nah I get it. I'm all for making noise and doing what you want, but only if you have your own land. If you live in close proximity to others, then you have to be mindful of them.

That looks so comfy. I live in the desert and snowy days brighten up my day, even though we have them only once/twice a year, with luck.

It loses its novelty in a week. Then you have to deal with dirty, shitty snow for the next 6 months.

I'd rather live in the desert provided I could hide in AC year round, than having to deal with the snow and ice. I just took my snow tires off this weekend after I was sure we wouldn't get another storm.

snow fucking sucks but being in hot weather sucks more so you are still on the losing side despite that.

We tell people new to the area that a great place to store their cold weather emergency kits (-60 sleeping bag, tarp, radio...) is in the trunk of their car or back seat of their truck.
On the up side you must be really dedicated to being homeless in the winter here. The joke is that the city becomes the only large city that is homeless free, every winter.

Attached: 9U5PpVM.jpg (519x482, 98K)

why would playing some noise shut kids up? If anything it'll just make them louder.

Dude just download audacity and have it generate a ten minute 20-21khz noise or something and blast it through a speaker.

Maybe it'll annoy them back inside.
That's the idea.

do they go inside when the hear a lawnmower?

No, but that's a relatively inoffensive sound. This is more like nails on a chalkboard.

What a kike you are

Are you retarded?

You fucked a guy over his truck being loud, that's nigger tier. If I were him and knew you did that Id beak your knees.

Spend 30 cents on earplugs, faggot.

What exactly is your problem with condos having kids? Are you so bitter that you can't even think of using earplugs, headphones, using some cheap acoustic isolation, ANYTHING? You can't deal with anyone else that's not a fucking tomb? You deserve that and worse ills.
Luxury is for those deserving. And with that fucking attitude, I'm quite sure why you're stuck in your pic of a shitty "adult only" condo.
No, you wouldn't. Because, see, this guy is such a fucking idiot that can't add 2 and 2, and instead finds a way to fine the guy for the amount that would've FIXED the issue. Thus, if the guy hasn't got a better vehicle or fixed the damn thing, it would mean he's a little tight on budget, but don't expect schlomo here to understand.
Imagine the legal chaos that would ensue for you if you were to harm a fart out of his ass.
So please, refer to .

How the fuck does this speaker make noise only children can hear? Sounds like a scam

High frequency noise has a harder time going past physical barriers than low frequency ones. So that means you'd need to have a window open. One of these three things will happen:
1) Kids will find a way to damage your exposed speaker, or
2) You'll get fined or arrested. Even if inaudible for some, those sounds at high volume still damage the ears, and even if you can't hear it, you can feel the pressure on your ears.
3) You'll become deaf and hear nothing at all, because you forgot that 2) is a thing that can happen. Problem permanently solved.

hello fellow British man
also remember to check his knife loicense

That's surely not the solution to this problem, but there was a mosquito tone corresponding to your needs, so you just need a pair of speakers.

As someone already said, high frequencies have such low travel, that in order for the kids to hear it you would need to have this thing up so loud.

Just because you can't HEAR the sound doesn't mean it's not there. High frequencies can cause hearing damage just as much (if not more, since highs aren't filtered out by the natural structure of the ear like sub 2000hz sounds) than sounds you can hear.

>Yes, and I'm sure this consequence of a high frequency vibration is supported by science
It is. But feel free to become your own test subject.