The worst programming language

Is there a worst language than LSL ?

Attached: Dynamictexture.png (800x457, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS
pathwayslms.com/swipltuts/html/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C++

How did failing your computer science courses felt?

How is your English so poor, Pajeet?

I'm liking the digits this thread is getting

there's no "worst" programming language or bad programming language in some cases they are bad implemented

How bad is LSL? I was thinking about seeing if it was possible to make a Crypto/Linden Exchange once Chainlink's mainnet is up.

Reminds me of a mix between javascript and python.

are linden worthy these days? everybody is running to opensimulator based grids where everything is almost free.

its horrible

>No include system other than copy paste
>No local storage method other than the current variable status and maybe slow http based if sim allow it
>No complex data structures other than non mutable lists
>Horrible verbose API which everything starts with ll
>No break you have to use jump

if we can allow languages that only exist for the purpose of being hard to use, then malbolge. I think the only working malbolge program was generated by a beam search.
If you only count languages that people actually use, then maybe tsch or javascript.

>phillip linden is making another "SL" game to use to fuel his cocaine addiction
>secondlife is still a shithole, $300 sims which are just laggy as fuck, the entire service innovates nothing and fixes exactly nothing
As a test I once linked code to Firestorm devs to see if it would get ate by the project without attribution or silently inserted into the main viewer, guess what happened. BOTH

Attached: 1497035444336.png (500x500, 91K)

JS has the worst quality/popularity ratio.

LSL is not actually easy to work with, all the projects you can find are copy pasted scripts from the main LL page or from outworldz page. It shame because opensimulator grids are a good technology to create multi agent simulators.

As far as actual production languages go and not just contrived bullshit goes, very little will top the AIDS laden cancer that is MUMPS: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS

Attached: 1362884629110.jpg (550x453, 104K)

damn it , did you had to work with that crap?

No, I was just curious about programming languages. A lot of those languages that came out of the 60's are real horror shows. The 70's also had its share of semi-useful oddities like FORTH, prolog, and smalltalk. Smalltalk wound up serving as the platform for what developed into what we know today as design patterns. Prolog is still in use because it did data analytics long before it became a meme.

Attached: 1420177771641.gif (500x334, 982K)

prolog its beautiful swi-prolog its amazing for developing smart web apps pathwayslms.com/swipltuts/html/index.html

What is LSL? Leisure Suit Larry?

Java
a
v
a

lisp

Attached: 1492296122518.png (1280x720, 1.21M)

^this, it's actually a pretty fucked up language. It took 30 years to create a working refactoring feature because it's so convoluted.
It's fast but by god it's dirty

Javascript. No doubt about it.

So called "modern C++" is actually pretty usable and i wouldn't say its worst.

>...so down on JS

Attached: epic-battle.jpg (674x800, 96K)

Javascript monkeys are not even real programmers desu

I have a friend who works at epic. apperently it's all they use in the hospital industry and he swears it's the worst. Mumps is to hospitals what cobol is to banks

That meme language where you program on emojis

This. JS is one big fucking cancer. Java is the same but companies are slowly moving over it to new shitlangs for servers like node and go.

APL?

hannaMontana++

>retarded pajeet starts thread about programming languages
>can't even use english properly
kill yourself, you retarded nigger

Attached: FortunateUnitedGosling-max-1mb.gif (240x240, 41K)

what?

That tree on the right looks like smug pepe

js

C

>C master enginger and ASM opimizer

How does it still manage to be the fastest language? (For most cases)

LISP: only autistic people understand it

C++.

malbolge

Minecraft redstone

LSL sounds bad, but the worst I ever actually used was Python. It was slow and the syntax is ugly.

Attached: duke-nukem1.jpg (372x338, 42K)

COBOL

because the compiler is generally pretty smart at the cost of compile times.
C is faster because there is no significant abstraction over ASM so it is much easier to produce optimized object code.

For now, functional compilers are getting better

can someone confirm? going to take lisp next semester

pure autism
(define make-var
(lambda (n u l . c)
(cons*
(gensym n)
(unique? (if u u #f))
(linear? (if l l #f))
(type #:defer)
(class c))))

LISP has some of the simplest syntax in the world of programming languages. If you can understand JSON you can understand LISP.

minimalistic != simple

I might get shit on but I am going to say Python. It is a shit language used by shitheads and devs who think they are some Computer Science guru because numpy is used in AI. Python gets shoved down everyone's throat. I hate shit language. There are so much better alternatives but everyone just like to roll in the shit that is Python. Go learn,

C - if you need compiled
Perl - interpreted
R - if you need Numpy like functionality
Haskell - Functional

Python > PERL
don't waste your time with PERL if you want to learn something you can actually use in real modern world.

Not easily possible anymore, Linden Labs being the supreme jews that they are outlawed 3rd party exchanges for lindens(Virwox). You could always start your own second life type game with more power given to creators to try and poach their market. Things like custom skeletons instead of the trash skeleton people have to nigger rig to sometimes work.

You already OpenSimulator which is a FOSS replacement for the Linden Labs servers (The client is already FOSS).

Perl is used in modern world. I have Perl scripts all around my system. It's so much easy for automation because Unix tools output text and Perl's regex and pattern matching extraction are heavenly. Perl beats the pulp out of Python in everything except for maybe numerical mathematics for which I said R is better.

Even anime acknowledges that Python is better for web scraping.

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (853x480, 47K)

LOL. With a terrible Regex implementation on Python, even Ruby is better than Python at web scraping.

LLRegionSay all the things

>web scraping with regex
Why do you hate yourself?

mount&blade script.

Attached: Screenshot_461.png (1920x1080, 464K)

>python with some s-exp style bullshit
the fuck

it literally is python list with tuples.
fucking madmen turks at taleworlds

The worst programming language is ABAP, I think. Used to write scripts for ERP systems.

as balla as possible?

NScripter language. LSL at least has a C-like syntax. NScripter feels like a retarded version of assembly.

No it was "Allgemeiner Berichtsaufbereitungsprozessor" in the beginning, now it stands for "Advanced Business Application Programming".

>SAP shit
Did anyone else think about a scripting language for some sexy MUD at first?

Just use LUA?

Lis may be, unironically, the best language ever conceived.

This. By a million fucking miles.
Not a single person of worth likes that language, they just tolerate it because it works.
Most people that use it absolutely forbid entire sub-sections of the language because half the fucking language is incompatible with itself.

Design by committee never works. Ever.

>t. can't into C++

You mean C++?

Attached: 1504203192300.jpg (537x765, 90K)

Allow me to introduce you fags to Inform7, a language for text adventure games. If you think COOBL is bad? Hah! Inform makes COBOL look like a friendly and terse language.

>Chapter 4 - State Rooms

>Instead of going to a room which is in the State Rooms when the windchimes are in the Rose Garden:
now the windchimes are seen;
>
>say "You find your way blocked by a phantom guard. Somewhere nearby you hear chimes.

>As soon as you back up, he disperses into smoke again."
>Instead of going to a room which is in the State Rooms when the windchimes are in the Rose Garden for the second time:
>say "Again the sound of chimes, and the phantom guard that blocks your path. Somewhere there must be a ringer summoning him, protecting the State Rooms.

>You have never known the Beast to put up guards before. It has always been enough for him to guard the rooms himself."
>Instead of going to a room which is in the State Rooms when the windchimes are in the Rose Garden for the third time:
>say "The chime summons the phantom guard again, preventing you from making any progress[if the Rose Garden is not visited]. If you cannot find and silence it, you will not be able to get into the State Rooms; it must be around somewhere[end if]."

What's that? You say it's really hard to tell what's a keyword and what isn't?

>Understand "cover [something] with [something]" as putting it on (with nouns reversed). Understand "wrap [something] in/with [something]" as putting it on (with nouns reversed). Understand "muffle [something] in/with [something]" as putting it on (with nouns reversed). Understand "wrap [something] around [something]" as putting it on. Understand the commands "shroud" and "silence" as "muffle". [3]

This language is cancerous AIDS and I'd probably rather write z-machine assembly.

It's easily one of the best languages in terms of... well shit.
At least it compiles real well. Well... if you configure your compiler. Fuck.

no

Attached: gone_too_far.png (669x336, 107K)

Out of curiosity, have you seen/worked with another language that is focused on natural language like Inform? I imagine the challenges are pretty unique.

GLSL

Looks like Pascal. Seems comfy. What do you hate about it?

You'll have to be content with making purely fetish stuff.

nice pic