Win10 technic.s Thread

General thread for how to fix win 10 discussions

> How much does this thing need to download?
> How to disable updates?

Attached: bluewindowofupdates.jpg (700x492, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oo-software.com/en/shutup10
microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6bpfjw/guide_to_make_a_perfect_windows_10_iso/?st=jgvo30pf&sh=7dd8f200
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LTSB.

ShutUp10

Attached: 1524877654887.jpg (655x873, 86K)

> The Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) of System Center Configuration Manager is a distinct branch of Configuration Manager that is designed as an install option available to all customers. However, it is the only option for customers who let lapse their Software Assurance (SA) or equivalent subscription rights for Configuration Manager.

> O&O ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
> May 2, 2017 - O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should ...

What? LTSB is just windows without some of their features. It's meant for a long term high stability environment so in turn they removed the app store and cortana and a bunch of other shit. They also removed the telemetry stuff.

It's super clean, it reminds me of windows 7 before Microsoft added a bunch of bloat but you benefit from the improvements of a new OS.

I highly recommend it.

Where could one get it?

Nice tips, this one's pretty basic but it seems to have done the trick so far

> Control panel > admin tools > services >
> Windows update service - Disabled

microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

Then I used Microsoft Toolkit to crack it.

Here is some more information about it:
howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/

Before I found out the light of LTSB I did this:
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6bpfjw/guide_to_make_a_perfect_windows_10_iso/?st=jgvo30pf&sh=7dd8f200

Really nice if you don't want to go the LTSB way but it was too much work and it broke with updates.

I honestly really recommend giving LTSB a try. Very clean Windows 10. I love it.

Neat thanks user.

>crippling your security while using windows
great idea
>hasn't even looked at the update settings
put in some effort, dickwad

>winblows
>security

Attached: 1525430845875.jpg (377x567, 15K)

Why do people use Windows LTSB when you can use Server 2016?

Why is it that file and printer sharing is turning on after the 1803 update on every reboot?

>Disable Updates
Never go full retard

How did you disabled it on the first place? Registry edits?

Through the network and sharing center, just like with windows 7.

bump

The ones who don't use Winshit 10 don't care, and the ones using it are tech illiterates. You're wasting your time.

Attached: Helga.jpg (1080x1080, 128K)

i turned off windows update in services and it seemed to do the trick. i.e. i never get update notifications. but when i do update it takes a millennium

thanks

> This fortnights update is the same as five whole windows 98 CD's

It's too late for that user

1. uninstall win 10
2. install win 7
2.1 install perffered linux distro

There is supposed to be a win 10 S/Lean mode update (lol) coming sometime, so maybe it could at least make par with 7 yet

What are some good things about W10 that warrant using it over the older versions? The only "praise" I always hear is how you can disable this and that to make it more like 7, but does it actually have something new that might encourage switching to it?

If you run modern hardware you often don't even have the option to run an older version of Windows.
If you are happy with Windows 7, stick with it.

>proprietary OS
>on Jow Forums
Lul, you're about to get bullied. Pic related are the only OSs worth using in your life.

Attached: FOSSOS_0.png (640x400, 190K)

It's definitely good to be aware of shortcomings and dangers of proprietary software, but it's also good to be aware that not everyone gives a shit.

What? Build updates happen only every six months and you can reclaim that space after updating

> Install LTSB
> Disable Windows Update
> Disable Defender
> Use PS scripts to remove or disable other bloats you don't like (you can find those on Github)
> Use hosts file to completely block telemetry, ads and other 'botnet' apps (you can find updated hosts lists on Github)

There you go, stable enterprise branch, update whenever you like by manually switching updades on, no defender to randomly eat you CPU or IO, no uwp apps and no telemetry.

/thread
Along with knowing how to use group policy like a functionin, non retarded human being

>Download Enterprise LTSB 2016 VL .iso image

>During the installation of Enterprise LTSB 2016 do not click "Use express settings", click "Customize" instead and disable everything there.

>After LTSB 2016 is installed, activate it and perform Windows Update, then reboot.

>Open "Settings" app and go to "Privacy" tab - disable everything there, don't worry - your microphone or camera will not stop working in Win32 API programs, all those settings are related only to UWP metro garbage.

>Download WPD and use it for further privacy tweaks, do not use Spybot Anti-Beacon, O&O ShutUp10 or other similar privacy tools for LTSB 2016, only WPD has carefully selected settings and tweaks that are appropriate for LTSB 2016 version.

>Go to Windows Defender settings and disable: "Automatic Sample Submission" & "Cloud-based Protection".

Additionally, you can use Winaero Tweaker to apply other useful tweaks, such as restoring classical win32 Windows Photo Viewer to open .jpg .bmp .png files.