Check that IRC channel you hung around in as a teenager

>check that IRC channel you hung around in as a teenager
>has a dozen or so guys from the old days who just idle endlessly
>half of them have kids

Attached: 1515135687923.jpg (236x207, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=CompuServe&oldid=839253183
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocities
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_WELL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most people do grow up and have kids, user.

>log onto an old messenger you used to talk with a friend you met online with
>last online 1254 days ago

Attached: 1524874260541.jpg (804x802, 85K)

Was I the weird one for moving onto new communities and breaking contact? They were all still there this whole time, and I just moved on without thinking about it.

lol I'm 19

I remember some silly IRC with hack3r in the name I hung out in when I was in highschool--thought I was rad. These days it's tricky finding a good group. I haven't really found any groups from a chan though that I've hung around for very long

IRC is dying :(

> not using dischord

>IRC
I used AIM and MSN messenger like any well adjusted person

>using memecord

It was a cool kid in high school who introduced me to mirc.

>your ICQ had six digits

Attached: 1479801092200.png (660x714, 90K)

should i have kids or just continue fucking hot young chicks?

Have kids so you can fuck the kids.

>Mumble server is down

Attached: 1519011681773.png (646x595, 280K)

25-30 is still young. [spoiler]R-right?[/spoiler]

>25
Literal child
>30
The beginning of the end

It all happens very fast

The value of our communities are their ethereal nature user. Many of us grew up on them because we had a social itch that could only be scratched with anonymity and ghosting.
I'm in my late 20s now and I started on IRC at 13. I've been part of several big communities from birth to death. The cliche "don't be sad that it's over be glad that it happened" is pretty accurate.

>find old buddies on steam by searching their old usernames
>make an account and install it to talk to them
>isn't the same and I find it hard to think of shit to say
>they don't really seem to miss me as much as I missed them

Attached: images (1).jpg (249x194, 8K)

Hehe

everyone uses discord now. i haven't used irc in a long while, personally.

buy something to show off and brag about

I think twitch chat is has an IRC backend, so technically IRC is better than it ever was.

>meet an user on /x/
>10 years later you're driving back and forth to hang out with each other

Attached: america-deserved-911.gif (480x360, 808K)

It's not the IRC standard though, it has proprietary changes.

>hang around on a site for nearly a decade
>stop going for 5 or so years because I made a family
>go back
>everyone is still there

Attached: 1518810342826.jpg (379x281, 17K)

at least your channel is still up, most of the communitys i was active at are now completly gone.

>tfw 29 this year
I can't even imagine having kids. I don't even want a girlfriend tbqh.

Attached: tpw.jpg (259x259, 51K)

The feels :”c

Attached: 938D55CE-CC8E-4E85-8FB0-24B534BE9283.jpg (680x639, 26K)

As long as you're happy fren

Attached: 1525319894024.jpg (500x499, 59K)

Not that much, user, not that much. But I know very well that woman and family won't solve that. Both from experience and from the principle; if you are not happy alone, you won't be happy with someone.

>tfw 34
>tfw 2 kids
>tfw married
>tfw steady job
>tfw Jow Forums is the last online refuge i have

Attached: 1522905445011.png (809x867, 543K)

good riddance

Furthest I got was serious relationship for about three years. Fourth year was just pure suffering, I only wanted my previous life back. So I ended it. All things considered I'm content, apart from lacking some purpose, but as one gets older, you have to think about it frequently.

But goddamn, 2 kids and wife, fug.

I think there's another online community more suited to your demographic...

Attached: leddit.gif (350x232, 461K)

This post almost certainly coming from a 2016 Jow Forumsthe_donald immigrant who browses Jow Forums (newfag hug box).

>if you are not happy alone, you won't be happy with someone
That is stacey-speak for "if you aren't happy and confident 100% of the time, then don't get anywhere near me", meanwhile she will state "if you can't handle me at my worst, then you can't have me at my best"

Truth is, you might be happy with the other components of your life, and the missing element is a relationship.

But based on the fact that you are on Jow Forums, I don't think a relationship will complete that picture.

Attached: 0cw7fyyepln01.png (589x660, 1.49M)

Wrong. You accepted Stacy-thought here as reality, although the real meaning is just old stoicism - don't look for happiness elsewhere, you already have everything you need inside you. But you are very correct that normans screw with this old saying.

Relationships can be great, sure. But what I miss (and I think what most of the guys with more than double-digit IQ miss) is some higher purpose, higher meaning in life. And that won't be fixed by a girl.

Anime is better than women

Numbers speak the truth.

>Spend at least 10 hours a day browsing Jow Forums and other more niche forums, playing vidya etc. for over a decade
>0 online contacts made

So I've technically never lost a friend.

Attached: smugoriginal.jpg (248x233, 9K)

Digits speak, guess I gotta break it to my wife that im sleeping with a waifu pillow from now on.

Attached: 1272556530717.jpg (231x251, 55K)

Do you want a girl (male) friend?

Will she have feminine penis?

ya dun goofed

The irc server i was hanging on is dead

me on icq

>hating based Jow Forums
newfaggot detcted

>based Jow Forums
>based
You know how I know youre a normalfag?
For clarification, normalfags are everyone post-2009

It might be nice to have a friend (human).

Attached: 4chan.jpg (3840x2160, 552K)

Neither had one

I know this is a meme at this point, but is there any other user that's been here since 12-13 years old in ~2005 and now has a steady job, makes money and all that shit but still has no friends outside of dead IRC chats?
Its starting to really feel depressing

>am I fitting in yet xDDDDDD

Been here since 21 in '08. Steady life but literally no friends, including online. I don't even talk to family anymore.

Yeah, I never cared for socializing online either.
I might hang around on an IRC channel for a while but I lose interest of it after a week or so and never visit it again.

this is so fucking true holy shit

>check in on forum from 15 years ago
>that online predator who used to phish for your preteen boipucci is still posting

haha like so based lit af amirite savage lads? #epic #cool

>2006
>had heaps of cool friends
>talk with them every day
>they all had varied and fun interests
>play online games together
>2018
>no friends

fuck

REEEEEE
Procreation is wrong

fugggg

i think i just suck at keeping friends, and also i dont have the same interests anymore. i guess they were just game acquantices

I just want an email friend.

On the internet, everyone can be a friend. Even yourself.

Attached: osaka3.jpg (1263x615, 94K)

I remember the first time a friend of mine sent a custom gif to me over MSN.
It was a really tiny version of that air humping storm trooper and I just lost it, laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.
Those were simpler times.

Attached: 1502757032165.jpg (618x800, 266K)

>game acquantices
95% of my "friends".
I quit gaming a few months ago and only talk to a fraction of these people.

try interpals

>isolating yourself away from society
with Facebook it was different but with discord it's unacceptable

t. jamal

Attached: 1461268234644.jpg (1000x1144, 79K)

is IRC the most ancient internet communities that people these days can think? I was sysop in BBS (Bulletin Board System) in 1980s. I remember Compuserve, The Well and Geocities. Millions used Geocities, The well and Compuserve and now nobody remember.

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=CompuServe&oldid=839253183

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocities

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_WELL

>someone hijacks your IRC and uses it to run a botnet

Attached: download (1).jpg (163x154, 6K)

Sorry, I'm only 30.
The most contact I had with BBSs was an older neighbour kid from whom I got pirated Amiga games from.

this is Jow Forums we know you don't do that

If you have a steady job, then you have work friends at least. Im a consultant now and don't have any "real life" friends, but I have a good group of work buddies I chat with on skype every day.

I recently got back into gaming and eventually got invited to a discord group with a good set of guys who've been playing games together for years. I'm the newcomer but it finally feels like I have a sense of community again

>25
>soon 26
>everyone I went to school with has a house and MULTIPLE kids already
Each year I get closer to suicide.

Someone the other day posted a revelation. We only put up with women because they suck dick, this is how unbearable they are. Imagine it for a second, someone so annoying that you only agree to see them if they suck your dick.

I'd recommend walks.
At least where I live the streets get completely barren at night and it's completely quiet.
Really helps me clear my head and stay sane.

Otherwise, I hear exercise in general can help, so there's always that if you can commit to it.

Attached: 1456816902724.png (512x323, 19K)

I'm 27 and I already consider myself old and jaded. Shieet

See my problem is I dont use botnet shit

>house and MULTIPLE kids
Probably horribly in debt and get approximately 1.5 hours to themselves a week.

this

>ITT:

Attached: 1.jpg (720x695, 37K)

I'm gay and I don't find women unbearable. (with some exceptions of course)

>go back on to that old forum I browsed in my early teens and I thought everyone was so cool
>they seem kind of pathetic
>they talk about dumb TV shows or literal lowest brow shit

I should feel superior but I just feel sad

Nigga 10 hours a day staring at a screen and your not even doing anything, making friends, or fulfilling a hobby? Not programming? Not drawing? Where do you even work with time to browse Mongolian basket weaving forums 10 fucking hours a day?!

>log into msn messenger
>all my friends from Tactical Ops still have the same nicknames

>reconnect with some guys you used to know online as a teenager
>half of them are braindead regressives and keep talking about how America is a white supremacist country any time anything political is brought up
They used to be pretty cool guys, too.

Hey, I used to browse Jow Forums too.

>still check in on old forum you used to go to
>people still having conversations
>with 6-12 months between replies

Attached: 1463111836038.jpg (720x960, 109K)

i remember compuserve and geocities, does anyone remember expage ?

Even better, buy them gaymes

yeah, you're still young. the capitalist machine can still pump at least 30 years of work out of you

quit letting yourself think you're old and go enjoy your life user. it ain't gonna last forever. every day you live is the youngest you'll ever be

Been on the internet since 2005, never had real friends, don't have any positive experiences with that because they get offended all the time and it's a miserable experience overall trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do and how much to suck their dick. I enjoy my life as it is now, lots of more rewarding things that I can do, to bother with what I can't do.

not the user you're replying to but,

literally everyone wants a "meaning to life" regardless of IQ (unless they're a super retard). It is in human nature to seek patterns, meaning, and understanding.

i agree, a girlfriend won't solve that.

but what if i told you that there are many women out there who feel as empty as you. women who are fine with not finding meaning because there is no meaning. women that just want a companion to get through this bullshit called "life".

it's not just the stacies that want bf's, user.

keep searching

Whiter than you, Pablo.

Attached: le 1% face.jpg (640x550, 18K)

hah, me too, but 33 with 1 baby and possibly another one on the way

Where do you live?
Women around here (Sweden) usually start having kids around 30 and barely fertile. My cousin had a kid when she was fucking 40, that's her first kid too.

>go back to old forum
>last reply was 4 years ago
>"Does anyone still post here?"
>reply before that was another few years ago

;_;

tfw you are the first generation to experience this feel

user..... You know what this means, right? You're finally free! Free to do anything you want.