SOCKS5 IP Leak

FUCK
I thought just using the SOCKS5 Proxy would have been enough...
Guess I will be more careful and use the VPN as well from now on, even with the decreased speed.
Dammit Deluge you weren't supposed to leak my IP...

On a somewhat related note, is it better to set up a VM just for torrenting? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Attached: Capture.png (1395x673, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I get 10 megabytes per second on TorGuard VPN, my full cap.

Run mine off an ESXI, Ubuntu VM. It’s all free. Shit load of work but now it’s 100% automated torrent > Plex.

The main issues for me are:
1: I seem to find fewer peers/seeders with the VPN on. Actual transfer speeds per peer tend to average out to be about the same either way.
2: The disadvantage at the moment of running all traffic through the VPN. Setting up a VM for just the VPN/Torrent Client would fix this at least.

>using public trackers

You deserve this

>using private trackers

Attached: lol retard.png (667x615, 603K)

I have no choice when my ISP only gives me 25.669/0.893 Mbps Down/Up, I can't possibly keep a good ratio.

Give me some invites. I am not a CIA-Nigger, 100%.
But I will not seed much, since I have potato ADSL.

Just get into a ratio-less tracker, doesn't matter about the speed, as long as you keep it open.

>But I will not seed much
Good luck

>implying private trackers are anonymous
This is what privatetards really believe.
I bet you think Jow Forums is anonymous as well.
You fucking retard.

Better than private trackers anyway, i don't hear /ptg/ whining like little bitches about getting vanned.

Back to your 600mb 4k yify rip, fucking autismo

Attached: 1512554340396.png (240x286, 123K)

public*

The best and easiest solutions is running a transmission/openvpn docker image. github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn
It has profiles for most VPN providers. You can also make it auto restart on VPN connection loss

>living in a country with anti-piracy laws

Wow thanks, I don't know why I haven't heard of this.
I'll check it out.

Use a seedbox nigga. Add 50+ torrents to it and go take a quick nap, then download over SFTP as needed, or stream directly from it.

Just....

Attached: Capture.png (344x188, 10K)

You need to buy socks 5 subscription though, right?

>my loli doujins show up
What in the fuck. Why the hell would they fucking track that? Now my god damn parents can see that shit.

Fuck. How do I remove it?

I don't fucking understand. Why does the VPN slow it down this fucking much??
It isn't even a bandwidth issue...
Pic is with just the SOCKS5, previous is with the VPN on.

Attached: Capture1.png (346x138, 8K)

VPN is either slow or their throttling.
Is your VPN's server actually located near you?

I am using IPVanish's server in guadalajara, mexico. I live in the south-west region of the US (the iknowwhatyoudownload tag is wrong, I don't know why it thinks i am in Minneapolis...). It should be better than an overseas server, right?

I might try the Netherlands since their proxy server is there, though.

I get 50-80MB/s through my SOCKS5 proxy, and it's going through the netherlands all the way to the east coast US.

And i've got nothing on the site in the OP under my IP.

OP here
I didn't have anything on the site as well for a few days, but then deluge decided for whatever reason to leak my ip for a handful of the things I was downloading that night.
I thought all the reports of "Used proxy, got copyright letter anyways" were a thing of the past and that this shit was fixed...
Maybe I fucked up and it was user error, but I have no real way of knowing, do I?

I’ve always known this to be true. I think I remember reading some time ago that uTorrent (maybe others?) don’t always use it for DHT, and default to your ip if the proxy drops.

But I don't use public trackers.
Argument is still valid.
Also, you don't hear them because they usually disappear, period. No "lole guys I got a letter", more "bang crash wallop" door comes down and kicked about at 3 in the morning.

Ok, I have tried a few other VPN locations and put the results together.
I just let Deluge sit for a few minutes to connect, then took the clip.

Looks like a US-based server would be the best for downloading (although I would prefer not to, just out of kindness, it must be hell for the VPN provider to constantly be getting DMCA shit).
Strangely, the Netherlands server refuses to have incoming connections (I don't know what I did to get the other servers to start giving me incoming connections though...).

Attached: IPVanish_Deluge_Speeds.png (736x321, 29K)