Pascal came out more than 2 YEARS ago! how much longer is jewvidia going to keep milking it?

pascal came out more than 2 YEARS ago! how much longer is jewvidia going to keep milking it?

Attached: pascal.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/rumor-amd-navi-mainstream-gpu-to-have-gtx-1080-class-performance/
techspot.com/news/38131-nvidia-19675-gpu-driver-burning-up-graphics-cards.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just ask your marketing team privately already instead of making them come here to do it instead, it's wasteful and inefficient

troll harder

What's wrong with it? What more do you need right now?

>how much longer is jewvidia going to keep milking it?

Until AMD comes up with something that can actually compete.
If we're lucky, it will be still within the decade.

>pascal came out more than 2 YEARS ago! how much longer is jewvidia going to keep milking it?

die shrinking with no hardware change doesnt mean its a new uarch

agree. same uarch. no innovation.

Until the next node, which is like H1 2019.
Or maybe they'll do bigger dies on the mature node.

what do I need??? I want 4x8k144Hz monitors!
FFS is it too much to ask????
FUCKING JEWS
t. OP

Wait for NAVI

480hz prototypes exist

what can actually compete when gameworks exists?

eggsactly! pascal isn't enough now
we need 16k VR glasses at 480Hz!

It's almost like developing a new architecture takes a lot of time to get right. Nvidia isn't like AMD, they won't ship out a half complete product

how come vega is half complete?
it works, right?

Miners will eat any shit up, so what's the point?

drivers are a mess

Because current (old) cards will be cheaper, duh...

But why would nvidia be interested in making them when old cards sell just fine?

Oh honey... no.

>implying that nvidia open source drivers are better

>hurrrr

>he thinks that crypto-billionaires will buy cheap cards
sure pal

>Open source drivers
Are you retarded?

>implying that because it's open source nvidia is uncapable to contribute
closed source linux drivers are shit too
inb4: muh gaymes

The idea is to cut costs where you can. Why buy a new card that mines like 5% better compared to the older one that is so much cheaper and has a better price/yield. People don't earn money by wasting money.

>pays real money to buy hw and pay electricity bills for fantasy currency
>people don't earn money by wasting money
huh, you're right

drivers are a mess? i havent heard of any major problem since crimson came out

that being said nvidia nowdays is literally the shit tier every new driver has a myrriad of problems

Until TSMC 10nm is volume production at a cheap enough rate.

>cheap enough so nvidia can make more money
ftfy

True, but I'm more referring to the initial period of 10nm where phones and tablets will pay out the ass for early-as-possible access since they're in a performance war at sub 5watts.
nVidia isn't going to pay what they'll pay (except for TitanV, which they sold for $3000 each) so they'll have to wait until the process itself is cheaper so they can run their lower yield massive GPUs.

AMD has an advantage here since GF have to by contract give AMD priority access for FRAND prices (which can also mean Samsung fabs, since GF occasionally outsource their own production to Samsung since their sharing agreement - Samsung does the same)
Intel owns their fabs, so they obviously have the highest priority.

Vega:
>new architecture
>hbm2
>chip big like a titan xp/1080ti
>1080 performance
>draw much more power even undervolted

Serious question: Has anyone else been having issues with the latest Nvidia drivers? Ever since I installed the 397.31 drivers, I've been having all sorts of fucking problems where it would just randomly start misbehaving. For example, I keep seeing updates in GeForce Experience, but it's always the same version from 4/25. The Nvidia Control Panel will crash after I try to open it so I can't do anything, some games won't start, etc. For some reason, closing Firefox sometimes makes it behave properly for a while, but sometimes doesn't. I keep having to reboot or reinstall the driver to fix it, but eventually it will happen again.

Try 397.55 hotfix (link on reddit :))

>mfw my GTX 1070 is 2 years old
>mfw my 2600k is 7 years old
>mfw I get similar / same performance to others at 1440p, despite a 7 year old CPU

I'm still on 381.89 senpai, no issues.

no you won't, unless you only have open a single application, gaym in your case

1) mining resistant gaming line
this serves 2 purposes
A)nvidia sells the chips per chip, not per card, so if a card sells for 100$ or 2000$ nvidia only makes what they sold the sku for, this gives them the ability to split the gameing market and the crypto and make real money off crypto cards
B) get the gaming cards down to msrp

2) I want to 4k 60 at sub 700$

So what's wrong with it?

I never have anything open while gaming other than maybe botnet discord. I keep my system clean from bloatware gaming shit.

>I keep my system clean from bloatware
>uses gayming software
;^)

yeah come back when someone actually test an nvidia card on a non nvidia sponsored game for once

then we can talk about power draw

>rtg is shit
>blame nvidia

At least, Fury X match with the 980ti while Vega can't do nothing serious vs 1080ti. Vega is a disappointment.

until you help them develop new arch for free

>Vega can't do nothing serious vs 1080ti
Vega would be cheaper if it wasn't for mining

The 1080 can do fine in 4k60 if you dont max out every unoptimized AAA goywork garbage.

> developing a new architecture

being this naiive
top kek
nvidia is not developing a new arch, they're sitting on their ass, because why innovate

approximately when is this likely to happen?

When smartphones can use a better process or all high production foundries move to 10/7nm.

> 2) I want to 4k 60 at sub 700$

this (on AAA games of course)

90+ would be nice for vr

Polaris.

You haven't upgraded your data centers with Volta yet? Are you poor?

ampere / turing is gonna be 12nm or 7nm?
because vega is going 7nm.
nvidia is finished and bankrupt?

both are fabbed at TSMC
guess which node, let's just pray it's not 20nm again

As long as AMD & consumers lets them.

If we keep buying 10** gtx cards, why will they bother?

>TSMC 10nm is volume production
q4 2018 and it's 7nm

When does Jow Forums predict the 1080ti will be dethroned? (As in nvidia releases a better card that isnt in the titan or non-gaming enterprise line up)

Late 2018? 2019? 2020?

poolaris was glo fap.
and tsmc 12nm is just 16nm+

>how much longer is jewvidia going to keep milking it
when 1080ti stop being able to run any game in max settings in 4k?

Well to be fair, tho its likely the game dev fault, even a 1080ti fails to stay over 60fps on max settings for some titles. Would be great to see them release a card that bests that and gets the 1% minimum frames over 60fps on any major title in 4k.

>progress should stop or slow down

someone missed investors call digest?

when will nvidia put out a successor to 1080ti? is the 1180 going to be better than it?

AMD said that Navi will compete against the 1080, not 1080ti...
sauce: wccftech.com/rumor-amd-navi-mainstream-gpu-to-have-gtx-1080-class-performance/
however, if they manage to do that I will definitely preorder two of those. if crossfire support will be shit, I will just sell one of them to miners.

You have to be a special kind of amdrone to preorder new cards that will have same performance as 2 year old nvidia gpu, and that's optimistic mind you, just remember what amd promised about polaris. Also crossfire is a real shitstain compared to SLI, while technically the same technology nvidia handles it much better, supporting more games, and the stuttering isn't bad as long you use the high bandwith bridges.

1080 was supposed to be a mid range card, Jacket Man saw that AMD wasn't releasing Vega anytime soon so he made novideo fanboys pay 3 times for a top end card, first with 1080, then Titan and then 1080Ti. I play vidya too and I'll admit I'm poor but why do people buy flagship cards and again the next generation?
t. RX 470 8gig G4560 user

>why do people buy flagship cards and again the next generation?
because once you have high end card u just sell it used the next gen and a basically u end up paying $200 a year or two to stay top dog.

The die without HBM is bigger than GP102 but the MSRP is like 60% the price. AMD is hemorrhaging money

More like novidia has huge margins. They pushed the limit of what they could sell size and performance wise with the 600/700/titan lot, then it's just getting worse with 900 and 1000 series. If the 1100 series is still on 16/12nm then there won't be a performance uplift without just increasing the die size by 20% and then claiming whoa 20% better performance. See titan V. If it's 7nm it's even better margins time whilst they drip feed 103 then 102 chips 9months apart for maximum cash.

That's just a rumour for now. But it's hardly unexpected for there to be at least one Navi around the 1080, that's where the mid range is going to land in the next generation. It's looking a bit more like navi might hit mainstream whilst the next vega chip will target the high end, it's all still GCN so it all incremental improvements anyway.

when the hell is the next lineup of GPUs coming out? I want to snatch up a 1070ti but don't really want to pay $450+ for it.

I am currently on i3-6100 and 1050ti. I am by no means an AMD fanboy, but I am poor. At the age of 29, my next PC will be my first where I actually dump money in. The Navi will have:
>7nm
>barely use electricity
>barely output heat
>guaranteed climb in price
All of this is obviously hypothetical. In my other post I was just saying IF there will be preorders available for Navi at around 250$ it is basically a steal.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-07_20-13-30.png (1230x84, 29K)

as someone who has owned both nvidia and amd graphics cards (currently using a 290X), I would stay away from AMD GPUs. Their cards are consistently hotter, louder, and more power hungry than nvidia cards that are far more powerful.
When you compare amd cards to the corresponding nvidia ones, you'll see a trend where amd cards will have better performance in a handful of games, but nvidia usually takes the cake. Additionally, many games work with nvidia to optimize games specifically for their hardware, and amd gets left in the dust.
There are also a lot of games/applications that just don't work so well with amd hardware, like CEMU, nier automata, etc. I am aware that amd is the "good guy" and is more consumer friendly, but in my opinion their graphics cards are simply inferior to nvidia (at least in high end market).

Until AYYMD gpu department can come up with something that forces Nvidia so probably never.

and yet amd cant even compete with 2y old gpu..we used to get early price drops and new gpu, now we get price increases and new gpu cost 3000$...

Even at the budget market and really can't compete due to high power consumption and temperatures. Atleast they're trying but as much as an and fannoy I am I could never honestly recommend amd GPUs as nvidia simply is far more superior on all points

>that being said nvidia nowdays is literally the shit tier every new driver has a myrriad of problems
That's by design though
techspot.com/news/38131-nvidia-19675-gpu-driver-burning-up-graphics-cards.html

Attached: 1368991747935.jpg (335x345, 22K)

>1060 6gb is +400
They're coming out middle this year apparently

> every new driver has a myrriad of problems
people will forget all this problems in a few weeks

Not even nvidia owners enable gimpworks because it fucks your fps

the important thing is when does the next "ti" come out, unless you want to pay too much for the "80" card like ppl who got the 1080 right before the price drop due to the 1080ti.

Fpbp