Lets discuss

Lets discuss

Attached: Switch-linux.jpg (1280x720, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=switch game
youtube.com/watch?v=-q5Ey1Qgru0
youtube.com/watch?v=_9ErnoLVxCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's nice that some NEETs take their time to work on shit like this because the rest of the world and I don't give a fuck

then why did you post in here?

Finally I can now play tux racer on the go!

Only $400 for a crappy computer? Onions me up, brother.

you said we should discuss. I thought it might be fruitful to bring up the fact that nobody cares about third-party support for basedboy-targeted hardware that will be dead and forgotten in two years, since it easily outweighs any other topic in terms of relevance.

>ruins a $400 console "CUZ WE KAN LMAO ;;;^^))))))))))))))))))))))"
>dock doesn't work anymore
>no games work
>touch is jittery
Garbage

Found the soiboi who owns a switch

All what needs to happen is improved drivers.
If I worked for Nintendo instead of my dad I would tell them to just open source their OS. Embrace the hack and just create a linux distribution similar to SteamOS, with some closed source applications for buying and downloading games, including all the old school classics for official ROMs and emulation.
Instead of cardboard you would have people creating their own Nintendo machines in all kinds of formfactors. That would immortalize Nintendo.

This sounds like a terrible idea.

Why?

>Embrace the hack and just create a linux distribution similar to SteamOS
If Nintendo and Steam would unite and polish the SteamOS to work in PCs and handheld consoles, they could create a new golden gaming platform standard which rolls over everything else. No need to do extra work if similar things already exist.

Believe it or not people make money from closed source. Ever heard of a rich open source creator? Me neither

> Ever heard of a rich open source creator?
Shuttleworth been in space when it was expensive.

People make money of closed source all the time, just look at google and Amazon. I'm not telling them to go full Stallman some closed source applications is fine to buy download games and whatnot.
They probably already have some sort of Linux or BSD running already, if they opened it up more people would buy Nintendo games.

do joycons still work? Could be cool for emulating older consoles on the go like ps1 or n64.

No they don't.
They always use in house stuff on their main products.

Nintendon't switch
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=switch game
Let's play switch and chill

yeah and open source is at the heart of it all, and that's what I'm recommending

The Switch is $300 and it's dual boot, Linux only runs off an SD card on the Switch.
There's a legitimate reason to not use Linux on the Switch, it ruins the battery calibration for some reason, but since you're just baiting I guess you didn't even know that.

Most batteries on such devices even run their own OS.
They have cpus that manage how the battery is operated.
On top of that arm socs have a module that manages the amps charging or discharging of the battery. There's little to nothing what the main OS can do because in the most interaction that the main os has with the battery is when loading μcode for the peripherals that manage the battery.
Also that binary is signed.
The only reason why linux fucks up with the battery will be only when nintendon't fucked up some peripheral that works on the battery and they provide a s/w fix.
...so we are talking about design flaws now.

>their own os
No. Maybe the pmic but that's not on the battery
>socs have a module
They use a separate pmici
A lot of critical stuff are software controlled, then mentioned this but people rush to use an incomplete port anyway.

I'm concerned about TUX being used to make something that's not.
Pic related.

Attached: FOSS Cake.jpg (4032x3024, 984K)

Just bought a 3D printer. I am gonna print the jig and sell em on ebay. Thank you, normies.

>REEEEEEE
Constructive engagement!

As much as I like the 1337 H4X075 who do this shit, this comment is fairly cringe.

>Open source their OS

Get real dude.

>kills your battery
>kills your screen
>no sound
>no joycon support

It sucks right now, wait a few months.

Attached: yqab1cjjdu701.jpg (866x768, 218K)

linus is rich

youtube.com/watch?v=-q5Ey1Qgru0

We will do the same things.

Attached: 1505506082565.png (1040x585, 706K)

I'm gonna hold my opinion on this until the majority opinion has been found and then I will choose the opposite of that.

one of the pics in the top is clearly a PS4 with Uncharted
there's literally nothing wrong with the pic on the . center, the one in the center-left and the bottom right pic

Attached: 1514944441441.jpg (1440x1016, 650K)

what is there to discuss

>open source and free software is about money

youtube.com/watch?v=_9ErnoLVxCA

>Jow Forumstards
>an important target audience
>for the most powerful company in the video game industry

Attached: 1498531229768.jpg (556x561, 15K)

GPD Win 2 is better. Killing a Switch for Linux is retarded.

its 300$ .

delete this

>you cant make money of freesoftware
you know it was made with the intention of monitization in mind ?

If I'm not mistaken, you dual boot Switch's OS and Linux the same way you would on a Chromebook, which is harmless and supported by the system out of the box.

IS THIS FUCKING REAL? CAN IT DUAL BOOT? QUICK RUN DOWN PLS!!!!!

Only in dreams m8, is my switch useful again?