I FUCKING HATE JAVA

FFS
How can anyone like this shit language??
Honestly, it is the worst shit ever!

Attached: Download.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/243387/which-languages-are-used-for-safety-critical-software
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

explain

I did programm in C for a while before. Even though many people hate pointers and lists and whatever in there, I never had problems with it.
Now I am forced to learn Java, due to university and I just hate it. All those classes and what not. Fucking retarded shit.
And my Prof. is a fucking nigger as well.
It couldn´t be any worse.
And all the brainlets who didn´t like of fucked up C, they love fucking JAVA
Dafuq is wrong here??

JVM langs are fubar.
Any jvmlang that is not java is makeup above java with a sepples tier way of calling java code
Java itself is the biggest meme.

Stick with it, it ain't going anywhere any time soon. Unfortunately.

Java makes you focus on your project at an "higher level" without dealing with pointers, memory and hardware in general. At least this is what I learned but yeah, if you can master C you are cool.

Define shit.

it's something that comes out of your ass

Python is worse than Java.

Especially when you come from C you should value that you never have to care about memory mgmt or dangling pointers anymore. The whole "classes" thing looks retarded in the beginning, but it's a matter of what the language is built for.

C is fine for smaller applications but for large scall stuff it can get pretty messy. (See how many bugs and bugfixes there are for the Linux Kernel..)

Java is terrible for small scale development, but if you have a really huge programm with tons of sub systems and distributet development teams, it's really nice that you can encapsulate problems..

Java is terrible for

Aww, sent too soon.

Bottom line is:
I don't relly like Java myself, but for some problems it's a usefull language.

>Java is terrible for
nice summary

That doesn't say anything about why Java sucks. I'm sorry OP, but you sound like a redditor just hating on things because doing so is popular.

20 trillion devices use java
hating it won't make it better

Languages are personal preference. They are all used for different purposes so utilize them well and stop bitching.

Define something.

It's shit.

> Too dumb to use even Java
> Too dumb for OOP (simplest paradigm)

> Hates blacks

about adds up.

Why is almost every intro CS class taught with java? Is it because brainlets can't handle C?

Java is simple as fuck. Classes are easy.
Do you have trouble with classes? How?

>OOP
>simplest paradigm
t. Learned dumbed down Pajeet-tier OOP during freshman year

got 'eem

suck it up, OP

You forgot:
>posts wojak

This guy is the prototype OOP hater. Just too stupid to understand OOP and hasn't ever worked on something larger than a 1000 line commandline tool. Now tells himself the people who hated that shitty C were stupid, instead of validly critical of an outdated language.

Eh, I'm liking Clojure

Obviously you are not a software engineer. When you design software with UML diagrams, then converting the diagrams in source code with Java is no-brainer.
Stop shitting on OOP please. Functional programming may be good for your shitty home scripts, but when you have tons of requirements and different stakeholders OOP is the way to go.
And I love functional programming

Define shit.

My first language learned was C as well, then I had to move to Java cause of work, and I got to like it.
Java is fit for different use cases than C. It's just a fucking tool to do a job.
You sound like a turbo autistic undergrad student

>How can anyone like this shit language??
Highly employable. Java is not the favorite language for anyone, but it's one of the most popular.
>Honestly, it is the worst shit ever!
Meh, Could be worse, but i must agree (as a sysadmin, not a developer) i hate run java things. Everything write in java is a endless memory hole. You handle 16GB for a mail service (zimbra) and this piece of shit start to use swap for no fucking reason. Just to slow down the IO.

Dumb retard who can't into different programming styles for different languages and uses racism to try and be edgy

Evaluate your life.

Okay anons
You´re right. I am the problem here.
I´ll get my shit together and fucking get through it.
Whining and bitching doesn´t help neither

It's fine m8. Before you go back to your studies, take the edge off. Scream bit, insult some people, calm your tits, walk some Kms just to breath (works for me).

Then start from the beginning, try a different view of your problems. Java is based on C, you will see that is not a big problem.

Nigga, OOP is not the simplest paradigm.

In my experience, FP is best for roles that are oriented around data. FP is unsafe and stupid for things like applications programming.

Number one reason why java sucks: eclipse
Number 2: maven
Number 3: eclipse and maven
That's pretty much it

I really fucking hate Maven, it works as expected 0.002% of the time.

>unsafe
Explain. Also, note how all these webapp frameworks are derived from FRP. I'm not trying to say that FP is the best thing ever and you should use it everywhere but I just don't see your point.

>Everything write in java is a endless memory hole.
I think the problem is that java has too low entry level and allows pajeets to write software.

Na. I honestly can't name a single "written in java" software that is not a memory hole.
Even over designed products like Eclipse and Net beans are a pain in the ass due the huge amounts of memory for a relative simple task.

>unsafe
No encapsulation of complexity. Fine for small projects but a nightmare to work with for larger ones. Try deciphering a large codebase without knowing what class an object is.

>web frameworks
These aren't mission critical back end stuff. This is usually coded in an OOP language like C# or Java.

>Try deciphering a large codebase without knowing what class an object is.
Why would I do that? There are no classes or objects in FP, you have types and values. You see a value and immediately know its type.
>mission critical back end stuff
>OOP language like C# or Java
Unless you mean "not really critical mission critical stuff" see stackoverflow.com/questions/243387/which-languages-are-used-for-safety-critical-software
I know SO isn't the absolute oracle but it does bring up more points than I would.

>why would i want to do that
Because you want to be a developer and contribute to a larger codebase?

>You see a value and immediately know its type.
That's an assumption. An object could be cast as a lot of different types, you wouldn't know that unless it was clearly stated. It's important to know what class an object is because if you don't know that then you won't know what methods, properties or anything else it has.

>SO
C++ and ADA are both OO languages. So, that proves my point about OO being safer here.

I take it you are a Haskell fan based on your FP leaning. If you don't believe me about FP codebases being a nightmare, try to contribute to an open source Haskell project. I guarantee you that you won't be able to understand most of it let alone contribute to it in a meaningful way.

Well it's something

>That's an assumption. An object could be cast as a lot of different types
The thing is, I don't have objects. I just don't see how to relate objects and classes to FP when they aren't there (okay, there are objects but rarely used. Haven't seen OOP-like classes). Actually it sounds like OOP is bad because you can cast objects while values in FP languages have just a single type.
>So, that proves my point about OO being safer here.
Well, no. Did you read it? It's not about the languages being OO, it's about
>ADA: ecosystem of code verification tooling for these languages
>C++: control over memory management which allows use for real-time applications but actually increases the number of bugs
>FP: formal proofs by automated systems
Just pick the one you need. Also, compare first and third points. Note: popular (C#/Java tier) OO languages have none of these. Okay, they do have some tools for code verification but I suppose they just aren't as good for that (as the mentioned ADA). Also fun fact: proof assistants are FP.
>try to contribute to an open source Haskell project
I tried. I didn't mind the code (although there was much more of it than I expected) but I didn't like what the code did. I actually wouldn't try to make a big project in Haskell but your points just don't make sense to me. The reason why I wouldn't use it is just because explicitly managing side-effects is hard and I'm not gut enough.

Define something.

I like Java, OOP is nice and always for problem to be broken down easily. Only thing I really hate about Java is library support, I fucking hate having to import jar files or use maven for simple shit like JSON support.

shit

Hmmm import 10 libs write 300 lines of code. Have working concept in few hours. Yhea it sucks to get things done faster.

>Wah muh racism
Go back to redit, adults talking.
Only downside to something like python is you dont get compile time warnings so debugging might not be as easy but overall I like it

>disliked java
>tried C and C++
>now I like java

>Define shit.

I've found that it's mostly kids with no professional experience that hate Java. Yeah, have fun with C and C++ with mandatory monthly releases on bullshit the zombies in business wanted.