Give me one good reason to study Assembly

Give me one good reason to study Assembly.

Attached: name.jpg (960x540, 76K)

it will help you cheat in video games

yo yo
you can totally assembly yo
with my 9 yo yo
assembly yo yo
with my 9 yo yo
and my babes yo yo
fucking yea yo yo
with assembly fucking yo
shit's good yo yo
yea yea yo yo
yea yea yo yo

not listen to drake

I can't unless you tell me why you've taken an interest in it

I want to build CPU and solder them

Then assembly is not what you must learn, rather you should focus on transistor logic. Start with building circuits in a programming language and play around. After that you must decide on the operational semantics of the language you hope to build and construct a model. Only after that should you build your CPU.

You'll learn how a computer actually works, which is more than can be said for niggers that use JavaScript.

That's not how it works. Assembly is just another language like javascript.

>comparing Assembly with Javascript
Just fuck off, ok? Thanks in advance.

It's kinda cool.

learn asm so you can stop burrying your head on web shit that makes no sense at all.
or dont, we dont need cancer learning how a system should work, it might increase suicide rates

Both are languages where JS has some type safety and assembly has none. I could implement javascript in hardware making it the "assembly" language of my machine. To truly understand a computer you must understand the higher level components.

what the fuck
you have no idea what you are talking about

Even if you implement JS at a systems level (go ahead and try it, faggot, i dare you, prepare to be pissed off at ultimate levels), your machine still needs to generate bytecode. asm is pretty much near-bytecode abstraction.

also
>JS
>type safety
ok i now realized i just took the bait

I mean assembly is essentially machine code in letters, you can translate it very easily by hand. I don't know what this cockmongler is going on about that js would even be close to assembly

>Implement a version of JavaScript which compiles down to machine code; therefore, skipping written x86(-64) ASM

Are you telling him that's impossible or something? It's ridiculously easy. Pajeets make their own compilers in EE classes.

This "cockmongler" just needs to implement a bytecode interpreter for enough of the Js VM. It doesn't need to be close to assembly at all since the hardware just need to interpret it which is all assembly really is.

(You) used to call me on my Personal Tracking Device! :--D

Wow ...

you really sound like some pajeet shitmouth who doesn't know shit
Jesus christ, I really hope that you're a student who began to learn javascript and thinks he knows it all. I really hope you're not an adult who's working at a tech company

>bytecode
Fuck off java babby

reverse engineering

You also don't know shit. What the fuck do you think that bytecode has to do with this you fucking pajeet?

>ok i now realized i just took the bait
JS does have type safety, it may be kinda shitty but it's still there.

so you can make roller coaster tycoon

Go further with this statement please

>roller coaster tycoon
Why do people always bring up that game? It's extremely far from being the only game written in assembly.
Making games with assembly was actually pretty common.

Make cheats, hacks, cracks, malware

That is not impossible but you sure have a long way to go. One guy made his CPU from scratch (no FPGA), posted Minix to it and put it on the net for all to try.

The game is massive, and coding it in the late 90's is like extra masochist mode

assembly is fun and a good way to learn that computers are very simple. anybody who says a computer is complicated or that there's too much for any one person to understand hasn't actually tried to. don't forget to mask your slave IRQ for h4ck3r points and always use LEA for arbitrary maths.

Dude if Ahmed can do it so can I

These threads are always started by Javascript kiddies who think they are hot shit because they can fizzbuzz

REVERSE ENGINEERING

A unique job.

To stand out from the mediocrity

You don't "study" Assembly like you think you do, like higher level languages.
You study a specific architecture and it's instruction set. That's essentially what assembly is. Knowing it for one architecture will give you a mindset that will help you study other architectures, but you'll still need to study them thoroughly before writing anything.

So yeah, unless you want to write some highly optimized code for a specific architecture, there's no reason for you to study assembly. If you wanted to do that, you wouldn't have asked this question.

It makes your dick bigger.

>Assembly is just another language like javascript.
picrel

Attached: sBJG8sT.png (1294x478, 152K)

>r*ddit actually believes this
LOL