Attached: xfce.png (600x600, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Tracker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lxqt+kwin = S2

i3 is faster and easier for me to use

>/ded/
>posts xfce

Attached: 1505592521790.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

Because budgie is nice out of the box

what a shitty name jeez, and xfce is a classic its living forever. haters gonna hate, bb no tea

i do

Un/ded/*

Because KDE got so much better that there's no point to use an obsolete, cut-down DE.

>Obsolete

Attached: 1524775247439.png (191x173, 82K)

theres always one liar or unbelievable troll in every thread

TROLL HARDER you lame brain

I wish xfce had more devs and money. And also that it would have more support from the community regarding themes, even if it's actually good as it is now.

I use Enlightenment on my VMs and more basic machines. On my laptop I use Awesome. I use KDE on temporary setups. I can appreciate what different software has to offer.

I do. It's nice.
All my machines either run xfce or window maker+pcmanfm.

>ram 4%
nice

>no proper HiDPI support
>in current year
>still need to hack around to avoid screen tearing
>in current year
>hanging on to GNOME's GTK train
>in current year

Screen tearing

screen tearing
Just kidding. I don't give a fuck about your autismo, ricer e-peen bullshit. Get a life, niggers.

But i am. It's so comfy, desu.

Because KDE exists.
No point using other DE.

But feel free to use whatever you feel that's better for you, user. Just don't go to the retard side of the DE's, aka Gnome.

Attached: Comfy.png (541x302, 39K)

Muh windows

Attached: images (1).jpg (263x192, 7K)

Xubuntu is the best oob de

Compton

Umm sweetie, if it doesn't work out of the box it's not worth my time.

>Tfw weeks of tweaking xorg config files with nvidia drivers and discover that just installing compton solves it

Because KDE exists.

Do you have room temperature IQ?

Because it's the current year and I "sacrifice" the 200MB of RAM to use KDE over XFCE

But I do.

because I found Budgie

lxqt kills mate and xfce

Should I install Kubuntu or wait for Neon?

Xubuntu

>sacrifice 200MB
then you're not in the current year - XFCE takes up more RAM than KDE now, at least on Ubuntu.

Because fluxbox exists

For not settling for an abandoned, unfinished garbage DE when there are nice and polished ones out there that don't even require much more RAM?
The retard here is you.

Attached: 1515492371280.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>no proper HiDPI support
like kde is so much better

18.04 is smooth as butter. Tell Neon to go fuck itself and go pure Kubuntu.

It doesn't matter how much memory you save with xfce, any gtk will consume more ram than qt alternative.

I am! I originally only installed it because the logo has a mouse on it but it's actually the best DE & software suite out there.

Only dumb thing is that tracker/miner software that comes with it by default. It's a sort of highly advanced internal botnet that indexes files on your system but it's super high on resources while not a single application uses it. Uninstall it first thing and you get LXDE tier lightweightness.

Can you give me anymore details on this?

This is the package: wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Tracker

I think some of those silly gnome apps actually depend on it so if you're using any of them maybe removing it will break stuff but why it's packed with xfce in the debian repo's I have no idea. You can either disable it in Settings>Session&Boot>Autorun or just apt remove tracker.

thank you
there are people who literally defend these issues

Neon, for future kde updates

*ubuntu

Attached: laugh.jpg (250x172, 8K)

Call it deg next time to keep the containment scheme. Anyway not using xfce as I unironically just prefer gnome. It feels comfy and fills my needs due to right extensions. No need for me to use something else right now.

Attached: 1509190687926.jpg (400x960, 41K)

Ubuntu with kubuntu-backports will be just as fresh on KDE side, and fresher on Ubuntu side.

I use exclusively i3 and i3gaps
I'd say it's faster, but the reality is just that it does exactly what I need it to, doesn't require a fucking recompile to change a setting and I'm far too lazy to learn whatever bullshit is popular this month

XFCEfags eternally btfo