Say something nice about him

Say something nice about him.

Attached: 1426382013980.jpg (244x300, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPgo6s1lBbw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thanks for GCC and the FSF

unironically can't think of anything

He's a great man and always right.

>being a computing hobo

Literal cancer killing open source community

Best Jew

He's oversight junkie so it's just couple more years and we will be
Free
Of
Stallman's
Shit

toejam is delicious

Thank you.

he's a jew
oh wait...

Thank you for all your efforts, I am happier using the software that you fought to bring to the masses than when I was using an environment that shall remain nameless.
Thank you, I wish you happiness.

He's going to die soon

I want to protect that smile

GCC is unironically based

He is a good guy

His autism is impeccable

He can eat stuff from his food without throwing up

Thanks for the GPL licence, you are a nice fat man.
But please stop pretending to be a programmer, you are a fucking philosopher. Every software you have developed sucks, emacs sucks, gnu hurd sucks, 90% of gnu software sucks, gNewSense has no reason to exist, it's just a clone of debian main repository where you remove references to propietary software from the documentation. Make the FSF support Debian and stop mantaining your fucking clone of it. Also Stop developing Gnash, it sucks, you should support the growth oh html5 rather than doing a fucking foss clone of adobe flash player.
Anyway the GPL licence was really a game changer in the free software world, so really thank you, I forgive you for being such fat and autistic :)

Hello Microsoft!

How long is your neckbeard stallman?

>stallman
>ever browsing Jow Forums

He doesn't just throw his foot filth on the ground.

He stands by his own ideals which imo is one of the most important traits to have

I can't he doesn't tell people to install Gentoo.

Gentoo is a fucking pain in the ass. I'd rather use windows Vista than building every package my self, fix broken stuff at every update and having Xorg not starting when I need my computer for work

Stallman is a pretty cool guy, advocates for FOSS and doesn't afraid of anything, besides I guess proprietary software

youtube.com/watch?v=OPgo6s1lBbw

No, he's an idiot.

>2018
>needs computer to work
> check your privileges asshole

>inane
>comments

He's a guy who made that thing that isnt unix

He has good taste in Italian food, and is lucky to have a girlfriend.

broke new grounds in foot cuisine

Did a lot more for Jow Forums than OP's post ever could

I like the idea of free software, user privacy, user rights and customization. This man is helping the world to get those. It's a necessary downside of it that he must seem a bit crazy and strict to get the point through. He's taking the bullet for all the normal users. I hope free software will not die along with him. Closed-sourced corporate software is not the ideal standard for anything. It doesn't benefit users, it benefits the corporation.

I wish GNU + Linux would conquer the world so everything would be more compatible with each other and that compatibility would not come with an expense of being vendor-locked. I have high hopes that it will happen at some point.

I use the GNU operating system every day

Jesus of the digital age.

When you watch a HD video of him close up you can see the sorrow in his eyes, knowing no matter what he says he will only have a niche following..He knows it's all worthless but he's trying his best and it eats away at him, you can just see it in his eyes and the way he looks are people with that 1000-yard-stare knowing that people around him don't care that much about data tracking, while his schizo mind is being ate away, having to give up all convenience to even do basic things.

Even though people put up with his shit because they know it will give them views, he knows deep down people only really care about watching the trainwreck that is paranoid schizo stallman.

This makes me really sad, thank you

He's a strong advocate of free software. People need him as an example. No matter how absurd he may seem, his message is very important. Proprietary software is a slippery slope today. People are seriously buying devices that listen to everything they say and installing them in their living rooms. Richard Stallman has always been against the core concept that allowed that to happen. People may always wonder "is this thing really collecting my data".. If everyone strongly preferred free software, it wouldn't even have to be a question.

Remember, when personal data is valuable, you can bet that proprietary software is evil.

It's pretty cool how he is so against proprietary seed strains that he has stopped eating all food except that which grows on the bottom of his feet.

He looks like Erlich Bachman with a longer beard

Even if he's extreme in his views, he is never wrong. Need more people like him.

The last thing you'd want in your ideological leader's mouth is his own foot fungus. But as it turns out, that might be what you get.

How about this?
Don't trust him. As soon
as something isn't in line with his view he'll stab you in the back.
*NEVER* voluntarily put a project you work on under the GNU umbrella
since this means in Stallman's opinion that he has the right to make
decisions for the project.

I want to make his dream into a reality

#15 GNU foot fungass

>cancer-killing open source software
or
>cancer that's killing open source software
?

Literally who?

This happened with glib, didn't it?

It's a quote/paraphrase from the glibc 2.2.4 release notes IIRC, yeah.

Attached: reply_to_everyone.jpg (882x624, 122K)

he produces cheese on his feet nails. and he is the only human that knows the taste.

He's done more for FOSS than the vast majority of people ever will. Is he perfect? No. But the man has devoted his life to making the world a better place (in his view), which is more than anyone here can probably say.

You... Have potential? But seriously shave the fucking beard and get a nice haircut

Attached: wewe4uo5emw01.jpg (640x452, 45K)

>implying rms wasn't cute back in the day

Attached: old_photo.jpg (600x804, 69K)

All great programmers have beards.

he looks like a sensible guy who ever this is.probably uses windows 10(see his blue shirt).

His belly/stomach is very light weight, thin, slim and minimalistic.

Just as Arch users....... Oh wait!

Attached: images.png (383x400, 7K)

I had an audible kek

Pajeet

he brought tech to poor countries

This
I fucked around with Linux distros for years but I just need to get shit done, not endlessly rice my fucking OS.
Although vista really wasn’t that bad. People saying “lol vista sux” is just boomerism because they freaked out when it looked marginally different than XP (and also they bought literally the cheapest Walmart shitboxes they could so of course it was slow as shit). Same thing when people say today “lol Windows 10 sux” because it just looks different than 7 and they’re such brainlets they can’t handle any sort of change.

Only real complaint with 10 is the forced updates. It’s good for your average retard who doesn’t understand why updates are good especially if you’re a dipshit who clicks on every ad they see, but super annoying for someone who knows what they’re doing and gets interrupted by it.

He can speak Spanish shockingly well. Sure he has an accent but he is very fluent in it.

he's not having any children

hes probly a virgin
good guy tho

Attached: 273956348.png (5000x5000, 412K)

Based Woz was the real brain behind Apple

He's a zealot, but at least he makes good software.

My nigga

Attached: HeadWhiteyInCharge.jpg (529x464, 91K)

He inspired a generation of (G)NU-males

name five

Why does Emacs suck?

Good dance moves

A poorer and older version of Linus Torvalds

Professor Stallman made great contributions to the software ecosystem:

The GCC
Emacs
The GPL

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation. Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ. One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you? (An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Attached: 1512597203224.png (800x450, 311K)

Next, even if we limit the GNU/Linux title to the GNU-based Linux distributions, we run into another obvious problem. XFree86 may well be more important to a particular Linux installation than the sum of all the GNU contributions. More properly, shouldn't the distribution be called XFree86/Linux? Or, at a minimum, XFree86/GNU/Linux? Of course, it would be rather arbitrary to draw the line there when many other fine contributions go unlisted. Yes, I know you've heard this one before. Get used to it. You'll keep hearing it until you can cleanly counter it. You seem to like the lines-of-code metric. There are many lines of GNU code in a typical Linux distribution. You seem to suggest that (more LOC) == (more important). However, I submit to you that raw LOC numbers do not directly correlate with importance. I would suggest that clock cycles spent on code is a better metric. For example, if my system spends 90% of its time executing XFree86 code, XFree86 is probably the single most important collection of code on my system. Even if I loaded ten times as many lines of useless bloatware on my system and I never excuted that bloatware, it certainly isn't more important code than XFree86. Obviously, this metric isn't perfect either, but LOC really, really sucks. Please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument. Last, I'd like to point out that we Linux and GNU users shouldn't be fighting among ourselves over naming other people's software. But what the heck, I'm in a bad mood now. I think I'm feeling sufficiently obnoxious to make the point that GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD? If there is a moral buried in this rant, maybe it is this:

Attached: 1494991619353.jpg (640x424, 29K)

Be grateful for your abilities and your incredible success and your considerable fame. Continue to use that success and fame for good, not evil. Also, be especially grateful for Linux' huge contribution to that success. You, RMS, the Free Software Foundation, and GNU software have reached their current high profiles largely on the back of Linux. You have changed the world. Now, go forth and don't be a nag. Thanks for listening.

Attached: 1497501469556.jpg (498x474, 49K)

Attached: roflbot.jpg (480x960, 76K)

His songs are stuck in my head

His beard is nice

I can't, i'm sorry. He is one of the many reasons why Linux has only 1% of the desktop share.
His autism is harmful to the reputation of Linux.

Nothing wrong with mixing open source and free software with proprietary software in the name of a stable and functional system running the Linux kernel.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45K)