pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: Teletype 40k.jpg (2048x1536, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xahlee.info/kbd/idiocy_of_happy_hacking_keyboard.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3327
pfu.fujitsu.com/direct/hhkb/#list_pro2
leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item.php&it_id=1524730041
geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=46805.0
sofmap.com/product_list.aspx?gid=SA10090000
sofmap.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=12469879&gid=SA10010000
sofmap.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=10608763&gid=SA10010000
sofmap.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=17737058&gid=SA10010000
youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y&t=17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for topre a shit.

Second for nothing wrong with browns

PSA AGAINST HHKBs

>HHKB is by no means inferior, just different.
No it is inferior... you are being delusional. If you even felt the difference in plastic casing in Leopold and Realforce then you can see how thin the hhkb is. And like I said, there is no metal backplate on it compared to the Leopold and Realforce.
At that point, I would shell out the whatever small difference in weebbux it is for those features.

Why would I want an inferior product when it is like 20 bucks more to get the definite superior version of it?

Think you can handle a switch this heavy?

Attached: 1 pound of force.png (805x575, 50K)

How is it that the downstroke & upstroke are so different?

the switch has 2 different actuation mechanisms.

I really wouldn't say delusional, I think I'm in a fairly good position to hold an opinion on the board, I prefer the Leo and own both. Do you?

It feels significantly different from the Leo and I can absolutely see why people would prefer it. The build quality and weight of the HHKB is ideal for what the board excels at, as a travel board, which is what I use mine for. Thicker plastic and added metal would just add more weight to the board, when it is already solid. Also the metal plate changes the sound, and some people prefer the feel/sound without the metal plate (not me).

>when you got a 9-9 job but need to pleasure your gf at 10

Attached: Kenshiro_02.gif (500x276, 747K)

salty chinkboard owner

here's the second one

Attached: monster switches.png (837x592, 55K)

I got a norbaforce and only need one...

>feels significantly different from the Leo and I can absolutely see why people would prefer it
It is... it is different because it is inferior without a solid steel backplate it sounds way more plasticky and doesn't feel like a solid thock.

>build quality and weight of the HHKB
What the fuck are you talking about? The case is thin and because of that the weight is light. For nearly the same price of a realforce and a leopold which has fixed all those errors.

You complain about weight, but at most more plastic for more durability is going to add like a pound or 2. and that is being awfully generous.

I can't believe you see decreased durability as a pro for this keyboard.

>Also the metal plate changes the sound, and some people prefer the feel/sound without the metal plate (not me)
If you like the sound of cheap plastic... be my guest. I still stand by my statement that the metal backplate gives it a more solid feel and better sound.

Once again. I think you are absolutely delusional user.

Attached: 7wkQMjd.png (1024x666, 659K)

your entire arguments boils down to muh feels. here's a better argument on why the HHKB is shit
xahlee.info/kbd/idiocy_of_happy_hacking_keyboard.html

Well it has more about build quality, but whatever. The other topre boards have thicker plastic cases and a metal backplate for a more solid and stable switch.

>JP hhkb has an arrow cluster
Wow Nips are really laughing at the gaijin and dumb weeaboos here. It is almost proof that they think Americans are stupid into buying their stuff. Why did they not add arrow clusters into the american version?

If you prefer it then you can obviously buy a board with a steel backplate for 10 - 15% more yen. Without needing to screetch that it's inferior because you don't like it. You absolutely refuse to see how some people might like something you don't (no steel backplate) and call me delusional lol.

As for the durability, I've never once felt like the board wasn't durable, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a post of a smashed or broken HHKB. They are well built.

I feel like this is a joke article, it has to be. A guy can't understand a 60% layout and doesn't like the feel of Topre switches. The review is awful.

>This is near the top of the comment list...
Jesus mutherfucking christ.

Attached: I wanna die.png (922x459, 37K)

case mount topres will always be more stable and the HHKB case uses heavier plastics so the thinness isn't an issue. the real problem is the retarded layout and the huge waste of space in the corners

>10 - 15% more yen
Nice way of trying to make a difference of 20 usd sound like it is a higher amount

>screetch that it's inferior because you don't like it. You absolutely refuse to see how some people might like something you don't (no steel backplate) and call me delusional lol.
I am actually listing reasons on why it is inferior and you are basically countering with "I like it like that". So seriously, at this point you are crying and trying to weasel your way out of it saying "but I rike it, please rike it" without no reasoning.
Also a steel backplate 100% is advantageous over none. It makes the switches more solid and stable.

>As for the durability, I've never once felt like the board wasn't durable, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a post of a smashed or broken HHKB. They are well built
My point is why would I get a hhkb when there are definite better built ones in that price range? There is no point when it is the weakest link in a market which has similar pricing.

>case mount topres will always be more stable
Doubt it, I have tested them side by side and hhkb is way more wobbly than my realforce... geekhack has millions who say the same.
> HHKB case uses heavier plastics
I want proof of that. I opened mine up before selling it so I could clean it a bit and it warped pretty easily and was quite thin.

This, I don't know why manufacturers think arrow keys are not necessary. The HHKB has one of the worst layouts I ever seen.

so based youtuber Chyrosran22 suggests to try one of the btc dome with slider before getting serious about Topre.
which keyboard is the most common with btc domes? gib me links pls

Attached: 1525118253894.jpg (482x640, 107K)

Amost every Packard Bell keyboard with the model 51XX in their name are btc keyboards.

>mfw I didn't realize that HHKB was such a delicate subject
Sorry, it's been a while since I've come to this thread

Attached: 유아.webm (820x780, 372K)

No, being wrong is delicate subject around here. Ignore that stupid HHKB user, his argument is basically "but I like it" when compared to other topre keyboards.

alps switches or yeah, cherry is so shit the chink knockoffs are now superior

>mfw my realforce 55g comes in tomorrow
It is not a hhkb... did I fuck up?

Attached: azqEQOq_700b.jpg (566x400, 32K)

Kalih box switches... wait for those delicious royals. That or get alps switches, orange and blue skcm are what you are looking for.

How much do you think a steel plate adds to the final price? more than $20? Also, a percentage is much more accurate than just saying $20, it puts it into perspective, obviously something which you are unable to grasp the concept of, other than your own.

The reasons I'm stating are that it's not inferior and your complaints are subjective. The plastic is thick enough to be durable and well built with no fear of it falling apart. It's like complaining that you want leopold or RF to double the thickness of their plastic when it is cleary thick enough.

The steel backplate is a subjective matter. Some people prefer it (I do, which is why I mainly use my Leo) and some people prefer the sound and feel of the case mounted in the HHKB. If you can't understand that people might actually prefer not having the steel backplate maybe you're autistic or something. As I say I don't, but can certainly understand that some people do, is that so hard to grasp?

You mean "people like it". Reading comprehension, I mostly use an FC660C.

To be fair, 60% is braindead.

Own fc660c and hhkb. Prefer hhkb.

wew that's a lot of salt
nice hyperbole tho

Attached: girls_holding_Happy_Hacking_Keyboard_Japan.jpg (2048x1598, 552K)

i had a good weekend. how about you?

Attached: HHKB x Zowie.jpg (3264x1836, 1.48M)

i wonder if i should cnc an aluminum case for this ro9kv2 but then i remember hmmm these are memeblues and not actually good switches

but i dunno might be fun!!!! xdd

Attached: memeboard.jpg (1152x648, 84K)

he's not wrong tho 60% is only usable if you shitpost on Jow Forums. 65% is the bare minimum for a semi usable keyboard, with 75% being the smallest any sane person would go with

>How much do you think a steel plate adds to the final price? more than $20? Also, a percentage is much more accurate than just saying $20, it puts it into perspective, obviously something which you are unable to grasp the concept of, other than your own.
>An exact number is not as accurate as a percent increase
lol, also you keep throwing that number out, but I could care less what your weeb ass was doing in 2nukes land and saw something in a department store. In the US they are pretty much the similar price and the realforce and leopold often are cheaper than the hhkb in america. Massdrop sold Realforce with pbt keys recently for only 205 usd.

>The plastic is thick enough to be durable and well built with no fear of it falling apart.
Again, my argument is that why would I pay for an hhkb when I can get a thicker one for the same price? Holy fuck user. Can you not read? You keep going "it is good enough and I like it" yet you miss the point of the entire argument when I am asking why I should pay for an inferior product when a better one exists.

>The steel backplate is a subjective matter. Some people prefer it (I do, which is why I mainly use my Leo) and some people prefer the sound and feel of the case mounted in the HHKB
No the steel backplate isn't, they make the switches more solid and stable. I have no idea what the fuck is subjective. This is why the wyse keyboard is looked down upon in the vintage keyboard community.

>some people prefer the sound and feel of the case mounted in the HHKB.
It is literally plastic you are typing on and if you like that sound then I have no idea what is wrong with you.

>maybe you're autistic or something. As I say I don't, but can certainly understand that some people do, is that so hard to grasp?
Why is it so hard to grasp the hhkb is the worst of the topre boards currently on the market at that price range?A Realforce and Leopold are almost completely superior. I have no idea what is so hard to grasp.

Attached: imacomputer.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>wew that's a lot of salt
>nice hyperbole tho
I might get a tad salty when I see stupidity.

Also, they don't deliver hhkbs like that. I thought so too until a fat fedex man delivered mine. I haven't recovered since.

Hey Filco gun man,
Consider this:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3327

>HHKB users on suicide watch

Attached: 1513430482767.jpg (988x1059, 181K)

Man you really are autistic. I bet you think vaping is retarded. If you can't figure out why people prefer different things you have a problem. Thank God people like you aren't in charge or else will all be driving some cuck mobile for the most efficient way of transportation

>he doesn't live in japan where cute courier girls deliver your products

Attached: Smug_1.gif (340x340, 137K)

lol, so how about they release a realforce with twice as thick plastic everywhere, would you consider it objectively better than before? What about if it was 4 times as thick?

The price HHKB's are being sold for by the manufacturer has nothing to do with burgerland. If people decide to import them and charge more then fine, but that's hardly reflective of what the company sells them for. Holy shit you are dumb. Have you ever had your passport stamped?

Some people prefer the HHKB to the RF and to the Leopold, you'll just have to accept that. You'll probably put it down to people being memed but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Some people genuinely prefer the HHKB not having a steel plate.

The fact is they feel different. There are people that prefer the feel of the HHKB. If you can't accept that you should probably just let it go. High sodium levels are bad for the heart, just accept you don't like it and be done with it.

When 5 dollar 20-year-old-boards have better build quality than the HHKB, it's certainly time to rethink your life if you actually wasted money on that cheap plastic shit that wastes space just to show off a le ebin logo

>samefagging memes to pretend people agree with me

>Tell valid reasons
>calls other person names and cries about it as an argument
You sound like a legit soiboi cuck.

>I bet you think vaping is retarded
>Resorting to the strawman
Christ, also no I don't. I think it is a good substitute for heavy smokers until they get off it

>mobile for the most efficient way of transportation
>cuck
Excuse me? What is wrong with finding an automobile which is the most efficient way of transportation?

Btw I think you know your brainlet brain lost.

Attached: opi.jpg (1600x1067, 246K)

Leopolds with Kailh switches fucking when

You posted this image last thread.

Hunt around on Youtube for Packard Bell or Wyse 51XX keyboards, they typically go from anywhere to 5 dollars to 30 dollars from what I've seen. Tbh you should probably just stick with it if you don't mind needing to bottom out, if you ask me BTC feels better than Topre anyway.

>Youtube
durr
Ebay.

you just made shit up tho. none of your points are valid. the only real argument is this

I am wrong: the post

>lol, so how about they release a realforce with twice as thick plastic everywhere, would you consider it objectively better than before? What about if it was 4 times as thick?
Well sure actually. What is wrong with that? As long it is thick, not big, usably, portable, and thickness contributes durablity.

>The price HHKB's are being sold for by the manufacturer has nothing to do with burgerland. If people decide to import them and charge more then fine, but that's hardly reflective of what the company sells them for. Holy shit you are dumb. Have you ever had your passport stamped?
So I decided to look at the official site to backup your bullshit and
>pfu.fujitsu.com/direct/hhkb/#list_pro2
>>¥ 23,000
>leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item.php&it_id=1524730041
>219,000 WON
>GOOKLAND SELLS IT CHEAPER THEN DIRECT FROM 2NUKESLAND WHERE TOPRES WERE MADE
kek. Wow you are fucking delusional. Were you lying this whole time to make up your point? Pathetic.

>Some people prefer the HHKB to the RF and to the Leopold, you'll just have to accept that. You'll probably put it down to people being memed but whatever helps you sleep at night.
And those people are completely delusional. I have accepted that and sleep well at night. When I see some delusional fuck spouting bs I am going to say something about it.

>Some people genuinely prefer the HHKB not having a steel plate.
Then those people are stupid. A steel plate is completely beneficial to the keyboard.

Attached: hhkb loser.png (1215x474, 833K)

>It is not a hhkb... did I fuck up?
no, why would you buy a fucking meme board? mine comes in tomorrow too

Explain what is wrong then? Oh wait you can't.
>Literally triggered by a soiboi post
Oh shit the soi bois do exist in this general

AH YEAAA

Attached: soyboy.jpg (590x440, 123K)

>calls others delusional while displaying signs of delusion
anyway here's some real discussion on the matter so you can see why people prefer the HHKB and why your points are incorrect
geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=46805.0

>>calls others delusional while displaying signs of delusion
Explain
>anyway here's some real discussion on the matter so you can see why people prefer the HHKB and why your points are incorrect
>geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=46805.0

>Can't even copy and paste a link right
I haven't even read it yet and I already know you are a brainlet. How the fuck do you fuck up a copy and paste.

It is because he is typing on a hhkb

Attached: wojak-numale.png (644x800, 15K)

Keep cherrypicking, the prices I said are reflective of the dept store prices in Japan. Not that you'd know because that's outside of burgerland but still, here's what I paid for it. Before tax the fc660c was 22,353 yen, if you really need me to I can take a picture of my passport with that price.

If you can't accept that people like different things then fine, but you should know that you're wrong to think your reasoning is objective.

Attached: DSC_0972.jpg (3840x2160, 2.45M)

you aren't very bright user. read that link and it should become obvious

>provide actual arguments
>resorts to ad hominems
k

I'm not that user, but...
>404 page not found

change geekwhack to geekhack. Just remove the w.

>Realforce feels smoother. HHKB sounds better.
>I personally enjoy my plate mounted. Feels nice.
>It may be just that little bit of flex on the HHKB plastic case
And a bunch of text that say the hhkb is louder... on a portable keyboard where you carry it around... I think this is just reinforcing how shit the hhkb is.

>cherrypicking
>Probably got the keyboard on sale yet I am cherrypicking my prices
The irony is so sharp it could cut through steel.
Oh hey look what I got cheaper at burgerland. Dumb cunt

>Being this salty on making fun of somebody for messing up a copy and paste.
>on a link that goes to a 404
>That I had to correct
Lol I even said I didn't read it yet. My answers are above brainlets

>you aren't very bright user. read that link and it should become obvious
I think you are legit dumb user. No joke. Because:
1. That link is broken
2. How the fuck did you fuck up a ctrl c and ctl v? Not to mention that the error is in middle of the address page. Do you know how to copy paste?

Attached: 1524835614188.gif (400x310, 267K)

and this is the burgerland picture you dumb cunt.

Attached: irony.png (1038x262, 21K)

>Get the link wrong
>Cry it is an ad hominems attack

Attached: man-laughing.jpg (1000x791, 76K)

I hope you're just baiting cause if you can't figure out that link you really are retarded
Anyway you clearly have no more arguments since you still haven't responded to the ones I made, so just samefag some more I guess before the mods come and prune some of these posts

>1. That link is broken
>2. How the fuck did you fuck up a ctrl c and ctl v? Not to mention that the error is in middle of the address page. Do you know how to copy paste?
>change geek hack to geek whack
>starts sperging out
is this the power of autism?

here, look at prices yourself. You can find cheap RF and you can find expensive RF.

sofmap.com/product_list.aspx?gid=SA10090000

topre lag 55ms I wouldn't touch them

where have you been outside of america user

dome with slider feels pretty good. as someone who likes topre chryo's review is legit, comes down to preference. Unfortunately, I've never owned one and don't have any recommendations, sorry user.

You either fucking hate the HHKB or adore it. I have never met a person divided.

sorry to ruin your day your keyboard lags 30ms and costs 200$ my 30$ keyboard only lags 0.2ms

also the WMO overclocked to 8000hz is better than your Zowie which can only overclock to 2000hz.

Should I buy realforce 87u 55g in white or build a tina c with box pale blue and sa caps?

Attached: keyboard.jpg (706x1249, 646K)

yeah but his shit is ridiculously good looking as far as peripherals go. I suggest those bloody boards to all of my friends that play games though. I'm sure if it really bothered someone they would just pick up one of the optical boards because as you said they are very cheap.

>Being this triggered I pointed out your stupidity instead of arguing about keyboards
kek, Stop just admit HHKBs are terrible. You don't need to go as far as complaining about me making fun of you for fucking up copying and pasting.

And that is the fucking point. They are extremely similar with similar prices. Stop trying to make up this bullshit about 15-10% increases because literally, you will find them on sale all the damn time. So at that point the RF, Leopold, HHKB are around the same price. How hard is that to understand you brainlet ffs.

I am also arguing that the prices are so similar yet the HHKB is the most inferior in terms of build quality.

>where have you been outside of america user
Honestly, I am thinking about going to Shenzhen China this year because I heard it is the silicon valley of the east atm. I went to Germany last year with my dad since he was a US army guard when the Berlin wall was up. He loved the place he was stationed in, which was Bamberg. I also have been to Korea and Nicarugua. Korea was because of my gf and Nica was some church mission trip. I have been to Canada once, but that is because I went to some Falls I can't remember atm and Canada was literally near the border. I have been everywhere in the US goes.

I'd go with the Tina. SA is nice.

Where can I get one of these linear bloody keyboards for cheap sirs?

to be honest, I really don't hate hhkbs even though I might be fucking with these guys to the point it sounds like it. It is just the worst topres to buy and I wouldn't recommend it, but if you find one for like 100 usd then you got urself a keyboard with one of the best tactile switches.

>he doesn't own realfroce leopold and hhkb
it's like you're a casual or something wtf

sofmap.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=12469879&gid=SA10010000

sofmap.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=10608763&gid=SA10010000

kl

nah skip those and get a reproduction model F. I got the rare opportunity to compare one to the originals and they feel identical. the best part about it is the thicc metal case

I would wait on the Box Royals and see what the consensus is here before voting on neither.

Well if I decide on the box board the main reason is the sound click bar switches make inside of SA keycaps, it's the best sounding clicky I've ever heard.
But I love topre so

>$1 pen vs $21 pen
wtf what's the problem it's only $20, i don't want to hear about percentages whatever that means, they're almost the same price

The only one triggered here is you. I don't even have an HHKB cause I hate it, but I also hate people who make stuff up and pass it off as arguments even more. Glad to see thought that you finally agreed with me and admit you're just trolling

I agree. BTC feels snappier.

You'll most certainly want to stick PBT on the board, though. The caps on the Wyse are cheap and thin.

>sofmap.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=17737058&gid=SA10010000
?
You still cherrypicking? Isn't Leopold a korean brand anyways so it is going to imported to Japan?

>wtf what's the problem it's only $20, i don't want to hear about percentages whatever that means, they're almost the same price
Depends, what feature does the pen have?
Explain? making up what arguments?

>so triggered he can't even respond correctly

Isn't realforce made by the company which holds the topre patent?

Can confirm that box navies & SA caps make a great sound. The plate/case also make a non trivial difference though. My ergodox sounds pretty different to the wyse with SA caps that chyros recorded.

Attached: IMG_20180322_150600.jpg (2934x1566, 846K)

Can't wait to replace that cable... oh, seems objectively worse than the HHKB, realforce confirmed as unusable and 100% inferior

IF I decide to build a click bar board(I want to buypig a realforce equally as bad) this is what I'm going for youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y&t=17s
I spoke to the dude and he said that pale blue sounded better than navy and to make sure I got the thickest plate I could find

I think these low profile switches are really going to catch on.

That deep sound has more to do with the wood case than anything to be honest.

I hope full travel switches back a comeback now that beam springs have broken the 4 figure mark

>Budget
$50-100.
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Red or brown I'd say. I've never used a mechanical keyboard. I think I'd prefer a linear type though. If tactile is that much better for typing I'm open to it as I do a lot of writing.
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Not important, if it's cheaper to go without I'll go that way.
>Previous/current keyboards
Only shitty Logitech wireless stuff. Hate to type on them for a long time. I usually do my typing work on my work laptop or memepad. The keyboard on my t520 is the favorite I've ever used.

That sucks, love the way the tina looks but sound is more important than looks in my opinion. Especially if you're going with clicky

What facts did I make up? I genuinely want to know?