Xiaomi smartphones

I just bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition on a Chinese ecommerce and it works great. There's a lot of distrust in this brand though. Some of my friends are afraid it may not respect radio waves emission normatives and be dangerous for health. Others are concerned about the Chinese government spying them.
What do you think about?

Attached: xiaomi_redmi_note_4_big.jpg (377x450, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.miui.com/thread-1884068-1-1.html
en.miui.com/thread-2207743-1-1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it may not respect radio waves emission normatives and be dangerous for health
The SAR value is much lower than iPhones. Doesn't matter anyway
>Others are concerned about the Chinese government spying them.
Use a custom rom, miui is garbage anyway

Let me get this straight, your friends use Google services all the time and are "concerned" about their privacy because of a phone brand.

Attached: 1516624476860.png (1200x800, 74K)

I'm OP.
Of course my friends don't know a shit about techology. I know I can install a custom ROM for privacy stuff. About radio waves emission I am quite confident because it has the CE mark (European Conformance, not China Export). My question was: what do you think about Xiaomi phones? Do they worth buy? Why?

spbp

>Are they worth buying?
Yes.
>Why?
Great value for the price. Don't listen to shills, especially butthurt burgers, as long as you flash a good ROM it's no more botnet than any other cell phone.

I've been using a Redmi 3s since august 2016 and i'm happy with it, it's still fast, got an update just yesterday, and the best thing of all, I plugged it to charge this afternoon after 3 days of normal use, I hope it will last me at least another year without problem.

Xiaomi is the best phone company around

Your friends are retards

I have a mi A1
The Google rom is perfect, I've been changing roms on all the smartphones I've got so far and for the first time I see absolutely no reason for changing it. Everything works as it's supposed to do.
The hardware is great for the price, really the best budget phone I can imagine.

The SAR value is a bit high tho, the solution is don't think about it. I feel uncomfortable with phones in my pocket anyway so I keep it there only when I'm walking, the emission is under the European limit so I think I'm not getting cancer because of this tomorrow

And for the botnet point, I really don't care, someone will be spying on me anyway

>Paying to have Spymaster Chong steal your credit card info
>No international warranty

>are afraid it may not respect radio waves emission normatives and be dangerous for health
I'm living in Asia and I don't see people dropping dead from using Xiaomi phones since 5 years ago.

Just buy Motorola phones if you want quality and low prices.

does it have Widevine DRM that allows Netflix in HD? there was a scare about some Chinese brands like Oneplus not having it.

MIUI does.
No custom ROM has it, but that's obvious.

according to this MIUI 6 it only has Level 3, not level 1 (which allows HD)
en.miui.com/thread-1884068-1-1.html

yeah I don't think Xiaomi phones allow it: en.miui.com/thread-2207743-1-1.html

Whats the worst that would happen to my info if I used a xiaomi phone stock?

the OS already holds your contacts and keystrokes. Just use it with a secondary email account and don't do banking on it.

CHINKME PHONES HAVE GARBAGE BANDS FOR USA

Just buy the global versions and you get LTE

not our fault you're using a third world country's wireless carriers

CHINKME GLOBAL VERSIONS HAVE SHIT FOR LTE BANDS

THEY LOAD UP ON USELESS TDD LTE CHINK BANDS

USELESS CHINKFONES FOR DOG EATING CHINKS

>Have chink version
>Works fine on my carrier in Canada, still get LTE
>On a secondary carrier for my carrier, but the global one would just connect to the main carrier instead
Feels good

>Canada just proving itself as a Chinese colony

Attached: um_sneedy.jpg (285x288, 44K)

My whole family is on xiaomi phones, as their first non-flip phones. It started with my Redmi Note 3 Pro, my experience with this phone was so good compared to every phone i had prior that I decided that was what everybody would get. They wanted to use the cameras a lot and they thought my phone was too big so I ended up buying and handing out 4 Mi4C phones @ $99 each.

Xiaomi fixed the biggest problem with Android in their miui by unifying updates. Even though their mi4c phones are like 3 years old now they still get updates, and battery life has improved with updates on the phone instead of worsening, so nobody is complaining about battery and performance, and their selfies don't look shitty. They love the chinkphone and praise it to others because their phone bill is like $30.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-07-20-27-01-581_com.miui.home.png (1080x2160, 2.81M)

*FEELS CHINK

CHINKME PHONES HAVE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE CAMERAS, BOTTOM BARREL TRASH

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition
MTK or SD

Mi5S = Google Camera HDR = Google Pixel-tier photos.

Have Redmi Note 3 pro with Lineage for about 2 years and it's awesome desu

Attached: 120641758_30.jpg (6720x4480, 971K)

Chink phones have great cameras

Check out my xiao m i photo of my new chink bedframe

Attached: IMG_20180507_205621.jpg (4000x3000, 2.61M)

This
T. Oppo

I had a redmi 3 prime, but when I wanted to upgrade Xiaomi dropped the 3.5mm port from their phones. I got a Meizu Pro 7 Plus and it's been incredible so far though.
If they keep the headphone jack I'll most likely upgrade to the next Meizu flagship next year.

This. Google by default literally tracks everything, where you are, where you have been, the directions you went and even where is your phone facing right now.

Yes.
>Metal case
>4000mah battery
>3/32gb or 4/64gb which are both good enough.
>SD 625
>1080p 5.5"
>Infrared light
>Just checked amazon and costs 160$

Redmi note 4 has the best price/performance ratio that I know of, probably the mi a1 took that title, but it's still xiaomi.
Main problems are non-removable battery, camera is not that good when compared to higher quality phones, sound could be better but not bad and it has no nfc.

>Inb4 shill

How common is it that apps are blocked on chinese phones? Does the mi a1 bypass this because its android one?

What about the Meizu M6 Note?
I think that's better value than the A1, but for raw value the redmi note 4x still seems best.

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Or note 5?

Find me ONE Xiaomi phone that has...
>>USB-C
>>SD Card Slot
GB+ internal
>>T-Mobile 4G LTE USA Compatible
>>Capacitive buttons like "Menu, Home, and Back"
:9
>>Headphones Jack
Seriously please, I was disappointed with the Mi Max 2 and the A1 because they weren't USA compatible.

>USA Compatible

Attached: smug.webm (856x480, 862K)

mi mix 2 or 2s

Redmi note 5 pro is going to be my next phone. It pretty much has everything I want except usb c, and I dont care about that much. Its pretty insane how much people shell out for the newest iphone/ galaxy s or other flagship equivalent when chinkshit phones do 90% for less than half the price.

CHINK
PHONES
STRONK

Thinking about getting. Xiaomi Mi MIX 2.

Tbh that phone doesn't sell in my country, looks really good though but at least for me it would be too pricey to import given my country's laws.

Those things aside, the phone looks really solid, do you own one? What can you say about the software? Can you root it easily?

install pajeet lineage os.

note 5 pro snapdildo 636 with f1.9 lens. because muh canun dual pixel af.

sd636 is slightly slower than a 660

2s, but no pajeet os yet.

I have Mi A1. Everything seems fine but there are two downsides

>does not have nfc
>spergs out into bootloop if i install THAT ONE XPOSED MODULE that i want to use

so now i do not use xposed, i just wanted to remap the keys sice the burger button is an app switcher rather than menu button. Its soo dumb

Why can they add an oled strip beneath screen dedicated just to displaying fully customizable buttons. It would be better than osd buttons

>usa combatville

Attached: 375px-Syria_-_Location_Map_(2013)_-_SYR_-_UNOCHA.svg[1].png (375x375, 55K)

Root is built into Flyme (the skin Meizu uses)

Attached: S80508-163921.jpg (1440x2560, 251K)

>what do you think about Xiaomi phones?
I own 4x. MIUI is a piece of shit. Luckily unlocking bootloader is possible and easy. Good coverage of ROMs to choose. Very pleased.
>Do they worth buy?
100~150$ redmi - very much. Bangs for bucks.
Their "upscale" models - no, they're not much better but far more expensive.
Their "clean android" lineup - hell no, it's paying extra for buggy and bloated soft inferior to any custom roms that take 15 minutes to flash.
Their ultra low tier like 4A or 5A - I don't have an opinion. I think they're often rebadged older models.

>Their "upscale" models - no, they're not much better but far more expensive.
You mean the "Redmi Notes"? They usually have better SoCs than the base ones. Or at least that used to be the case in 2016, not sure about the newer models.

No, I meant Xiaomi Mi6/ mi max / mi mix. Redmi 4x note is a good shit if 5.5inches is okay for you (not for me).

I hate that physical touchbar aswell. I just turned on on-screen one in my crdroid ROM. Comfy as fuck.

But the flagship models do have some features that are missing in the Redmi line. NFC for example, and for the people who care about this, they use the top of the line SoCs. But on that I agree with you, I still use a Redmi Note 3 with a Snapdragon 650 and I'm satisfied with its performance, still haven't run across anything I want to run on my phone that it won't manage.

>But the flagship models...
Yeah, but the "bang for bucks" feature is gone. I am perfectly okay with my 120$ phone not having any kind of warranty, customer service or professional support. I'll deal with any problems by myself or throw it away when it's broken. Accepting the same thing with 400$ "flagship" ? Not so good... Not so bright financial decision...
>still haven't run across anything I want to run on my phone that it won't manage.
Like you said. You barely pay for features in those flagships. Just a slight performance boost for double the price or more.

I think you should think for yourself faggot

I phone x boy is mad that he is cucked. Typical. If you don't like getting knocked up. stop buying new phones every year from the same company.

Attached: 1508974267764.jpg (308x326, 32K)

Install LineageOS asap

Flagship chinkphone user here.
Some advantages that my "flagship" has.

>1440p AMOLED screen
>Dual camera that isn't fake
>Helio X30 instead of low end SD430 or MTK6737 or whatever
>Can emulate PSP and GameCube
>Good DAC
>type C instead of micro USB
>Good camera that even works alright in low lighting conditions
>Fast charge

Features that may not be worth it for most people, but for me it definitely is. Considering in my locale it's half the price an S8 was when I purchased it, I'd say the risk of warranty is something I'm willing to live with.

Still waiting for the official 15.1 Lineage OS builds so I can escape this Chinese botnet

>1440p AMOLED screen
720 is enough
>Dual camera that isn't fake
One is enough
>Helio X30 instead of low end SD430 or MTK6737 or whatever
Whatever
>Can emulate PSP and GameCube
Don't wanna
>Good DAC
Don't care
>type C instead of micro USB
Drawback in 2018. I'd take "plug that can be found in every office drawer in 2018" instead
>Good camera that even works alright in low lighting conditions
It's a phone
>Fast charge
I'd take 4100mAh battery over emergency charging (if type C is present)
>Features that may not be worth it for most people, but for me it definitely is.
That's the point. Your phone is subjectively better and subjectively worth the price.

i should of stuck with my first choice of the redmi i got the ulefone mix and sure it's a sexy phone but the bluetooth/wifi are both pretty shit

Just install the 14.1 build.

Just purchased R4a (poorfag, yuh), now I'm waiting for delivery. Which ROM is best one? Is AEX good enough?

You can change left button with right on vanilla IIRC.

I have a Redmi 4 so no ROMs but it's not a bad phone. Bought a Note 4X last week.

Redmi 4 is the exact same phone as 4x dummy. Any ROM for 4x (santoni) will work. Unofficial are breddy stable.

So what is the best ROM for 4x? I've been using MUI for 6 months and getting tired from MUI shit, esp recent addition of their appstore.

I am waiting for the Redmit Note 5 Pro to be aviable in my local Amazon store. I'm still rocking a LG G3 with Lineage OS and I don't think any of the current sub 160€ Xiaomi's are a upgrade hardware wise but I get random reboots on this ROM and its pissing me off.

U sure? Guys on xda and pda.ru told me that Prada was slightly different so it wouldn't work, maybe because of different bands.

They're the same.

720p on a 5.5inch phone, sorry I like my eyes to say free from cancer

Does the mi A1 still have that hissing issue when using headphones

Any way to use google camera in android 6?

>Xiaomi dropped the 3.5mm port from their phones
Whats the point of this, I get it Apple did it so everyone goes after them, but how is this a good idea, it costs nothing, it improves nothing and people cant use their earphones anymore

Mi note 5 Pro fixes the camera thing.

Got a redmi 5 plus 3 weeks ago and I'm happy with it. A friend's phone just died and he told me he wants to get the same after seeing mine

Can recommend crdroid.
Resurrection remix was cancerous to me (too much unnecessary ricing and bloat) but some people may actually like it.
Never gave vanilla LineageOS a try, since it doesn't support microg.

There's a difference between a private company selling your data and a communist government keeping tabs on you to send you to jail at any moments notice.

It's quite ugly (not that material shit is in general pretty) but has some very nice features for getting shit done like you can make copies of the same app which in conjunction with dual sim feature allows you to dump your work phone entirely. There are also many other small things like built in call recorder, very customizable task management for killing apps that cause ton of wakelocks for spying purposes and so on.

My concern is are their phone durable?
Like moto phones when google owned them?
Did they cut corners in durability? where else would they have

>be me
>have nokia lumia camera meme
>breaks
>have galaxy s6 edge+
>cost me 0$ in 2016
>idiot friend wanted the s7
>it's a piece of shit
>never buying samsung after it breaks
>two different brands
>no money paid
>have own opinion
>be faggot OP
>pay money for phone
>works great for OP
>friends don't have OP's phone
>friends don't like OP's phone
>"tell me what to think, im confused now"
>flaming retard enters from stage left
>starts screaming about iphones and pregnancy
>jot down notes on newly discovered breed of retard
I want you to think about what you've done here today

>Mi A1. Everything seems fine

There are issues:

- RF performance is horrible on 900mhz GSM band.
- BT just turned on destroys 2.4 wifi - adds +60ms latency, dropped packets and 3/4 decrease in throughput. Horrible shit.
- mic level is very low during calls

Quality + low prices = bad performance
Chink quality + low prices = good performance

I have had a Moto g4 and a MI A1 the xiaomi wins.

>a communist government keeping tabs on you to send you to jail at any moments notice.
I'm not a Chinese citizen.

Wife has got redmi 3s for 1.5 year now
I've got 4x for 6 months.
No issues. Both dropped few times. Her battery is still running strong.

Yes it's never going away, but it's only at really low volume :)

Yeah, like Chink govt regularly abducts people all over the world and then waterboards them on Polish or Cuban riviera.

Have more trust in chink govt than US bloodsucking companies and their CIA pals.

nah, don't have those problems, you've got a faulty one, m8

Yes you do.

Tried several xiaomi phones and they all have those same issues even across different models like BT issues can be replicated on both 4 prime and 4x and so on.

how can i remap the keys without xposed, i have root

Didn't notice either of these purported issues on a Redmi Note 3 or Redmi 4.

GSM 900mhz is fine, pretty certain that I don't get 60ms latency when BT is on, absolutely definitely no 3/4 decrease in throughput, mic level is normal.

You're full of shit, just ran a quick test on my father's 4x (downloaded an Ubuntu iso with BT on and off) and there were no significant discrepancies.

It goes away when you stop using shitty 16ohm cans and buds

I use kz ate 16 ohm they have amazing sound nigger.

Pajeets have huge threads about those issues on xiaomi forums.

900Mhz looks fine like it reads good dB values till you compare it with some other phone.

Maybe you're on 5ghz wifi

Your reply shows your stupidity. I'm not gonna spoon-fed you, look what impedance is/does/means when it comes to earphones.

Don't care this has been covered on XDA faggot, stop using your shitty cans

Use better hedphones, faggot.

Can replicate issue on redmi 4

Left BT on, right BT off

Attached: Clipboard1.png (2160x1920, 210K)