Intel Has to Delay Patches for new Spectre-NG Vulnerabilities

>Last week we reported about Spectre-NG, eight new vulnerabilities similar to Spectre, of which four tagged as critical have been detected. Intel would have been working behind scenes on patching the new vulnerabilities, as it now seems it will take at least another two weeks before Intel can release the initial patches.

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-has-to-delays-patches-for-new-spectre-ng-vulnerabilities.html

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: file-46b2082679966bc703.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Still better than AMD stupid pajeet

oy antisemitism

the absolute state of intlel corelets

>install bios update
>7 loss write speed and 1-2 less fps
>2600x only has 4790k ipc

cant wait to lose another 1-2 fps i might have to switch to ayymd /s

Attached: 1525359500359.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

>pay premium
>doesn't get premium
what did he mean by this?

also, why buy 2600x when you can overclock 2600 just as well?

>premium

i paid $270 for that cpu last year

You MIGHT be able to.
Silicon Lottery.

I bought a 1700 instead of a 1700x and put the extra money to better RAM.

My 1700 barely hits 3.85ghz on water cooling.

A 2600x is a better binned chip, so it's going to have higher tolerances, even if you get a bad one, it'll still be better than the average 2600.

my 2600 is running fine at 4.15ghz

>intel delaying spectre/MELTDOWN patches again so that their processors don't get slowed down during Threadripper 2 benchmarks release day

fuckjing pathetic

brian should kjill hijmlelf

I wonder how much performance intelaviv CPUs will lose this time.
Intel single thread performance only better because they don't give a fuck about security absolutely confirmed now.

thread

This. The large performance impact patches are only enabled if you manually enable them. They're disabled by default.

Attached: 1525603834354.jpg (691x771, 112K)

Attached: 1413913323099.png (1000x1000, 162K)

Can someone explain the cheese meme?

hardware security vulnerabilities in Intel processors (first 2 Spectre and 1 Meltdown hardware flarw) and now 8 more Spectre hardware flaws

AMD doesn't have this problem desu

Attached: amd.jpg (960x686, 514K)

does anyone have more technical details?
the Heise c't report talks about VM-to-host attacks
heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html

how do you know spectre-ng doesn't affect AMD? the reports mention Intel in a way that makes me wonder if they talk about Intel, as in the company, or Intel, as in the x86 CPU architecture.
the link in the OP says:
>AMD has indicated it is investigating all reports. It is completely unclear whether the company was affected by the vulnerabilities as well.
so it's not clear at all

I see your concern, but I think it's a little strange that they spent so much time researching these hardware flaws but they couldn't afford/didn't have time to at least test a Ryzen based computer system?

This happened with the OG Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities (lots of speculation from the researchers themselves that AMD maybe was affected by Meltdown (why didn't they test themselves ?????????????????????????????????????)

>I see your concern, but I think it's a little strange that they spent so much time researching these hardware flaws but they couldn't afford/didn't have time to at least test a Ryzen based computer system?
these are classes of exploits, it's not their job to check if a given CPU is vulnerable or not, it's the manufacturers job
also, the fact that different architectures are so diff means they'd have to invest even more time...

>intel security has more holes than siwss cheese

>Intel
>More Vulnerabilities than Cores!

At having more vulnerabilities than cores, you mean?

Attached: Uyzdxlu.gif (325x203, 780K)

>be intel fag
>open gayme
>open calculator also
>house explodes
>why do I even need more than 4c8t