Which and why

which and why

Attached: mpd vs midi fighter.jpg (1198x387, 82K)

idk what they are but the one on the left looks way faggotier than the one on the rigfht

This is why everyone hates tripfags.

Attached: 1470467063624.jpg (245x245, 5K)

They're midi controllers, particularly good for triggering samples.
The one on the right uses pads made of the same material you'd find on a television remote. The pads have no travel. The upside to this is that they're velocity sensitive; the downside is that they sometimes double-trigger or drop triggers.
The one on the left uses arcade buttons, meaning better accuracy and precision but no velocity sensitivity, meaning every strike will be full 127 MIDI value.
The one on the right has bonus dummy knobs while the one on the left has four banks (the right one only has two.)

The right one looks more professional and less autistic.

sure but what about usage? when weighing the pros and cons, which would you rather use? I don't care about looks.

>ios vs android thread

Then why not look for another option than these two?

Both are useless.

Sanwa for the win

Launchpad

This is actually important to consider based on the audience you're performing for

Circles on a grid looks stupid.
Squares on a grid looks like it fits better.

Monome (pic related)
Because open source hardware

Attached: Monome-family-stretta-20110321.jpg (1024x682, 235K)

Because frankly these two are the best options. There is no real middle device.

those knobs have no indicators. no lights, no ink tics, no nothing.

Attached: anime girl expressing pity.jpg (698x658, 106K)

why?

This

Attached: hahaa.jpg (960x960, 100K)

Eww lol gross

>I don't want numpad on my laptop. I am not a fucking accountant!
>which one of these two special 100$ 4x4 button keyboards should I get for my macbook?

*a challenger approaches*

Attached: midi fighter 64.jpg (1400x1400, 141K)

OBSESSED

nobody in this thread said either of those things...

Attached: confuson.jpg (900x900, 37K)

What are you suggesting with this post?
Should you drum on numberpads? Should every laptop come with a built-in numberpad?

any general concensus yet?

I believe user is suggesting that faggots suck cock, and that numpads offer real utility.

Cant I just use my phone as a HID and do the exact same thing and be less of a faggot?

>Anonymous 05/08/18(Tue)07:48:19 No.6584
If yo use the Midifighter you're a full blown pleb.

>numpads offer real utility
>
>tiny keys
>no velocity sensitivity
>no pad modulation
>no quick way to switch banks
>no dedicated toggles
>terrible mappability
>not very durable; not designed for rapid percussion
>latency out the wazoo
yeah, no.
numberpads are cool but not for music. and if you're going to use the numberpad anyway, why not just use the whole keyboard? what does the numberpad have to do with it?
and why bring faggots or macbooks into it?

this smells like an anti-apple shill post

Midi fighter is a joke, don't bother with the mpd 218, just get the mpd18 on eBay for like 30$

No, there is no velocity capabiity on touch screens.

cool.
can I ask why the midi fighter is a joke?

achkshually, iPhone's 3D Touch sensors can be used for velocity

have fun trying to send more than one midi note at a time on a number pad

The buttons are loud as fuck, there is no velocity (this is important) and it feels like a cheap toy. My Buddy in college got one, I played around with it for like 20mins until I realized I could just do the same thing with my computer keyboard.

The MPD is great with drum racks in ableton: not as fun chopping up samples as an MPC or SP404, but still the same playability when it comes to triggering them.

t. MPD18 Owner

>The buttons are loud as fuck,
Not a problem if you're recording via MIDI and not a microphone.
>there is no velocity (this is important)
True, but you can use the gyroscope to circumvent that. It'll look stupid, but it works.
>feels like a cheap toy.
No. Feels pretty solid.
Although I will say the MPD18 is generally the better option considering price.

okie, thanks Jow Forums

Attached: thumbs up.jpg (480x469, 17K)

>not a problem
But it is since you can hear that shit through headphones as you play, and anyone you live with is gonna have to deal with retarded sounding clicks everytime you are making a "sick beat".

But then again, this is personal preference, though im not sure why you would ever prefer MPD to the Meme Fighter

>anyone you live with is gonna have to deal with retarded sounding clicks everytime you are making a "sick beat".
ok, they're not that loud. they're about as loud as a macbook keyboard but you can't hear them through rooms and walls.

t. midi fighter owner

the left one looks best

The one on the right looks functional. The one on the left looks like a fidget button clicker.

*gets stolen*

White man's midi controller

That would be the Seaboard.

I think Shawn Wasabi is actually gay.

right, just because pressure sensitive

Get the AKAI but rather get a Push or a Launchpad. If you dont care about pressure sensitivity, unironically get an ipad and use beatmaker3

Attached: 86303D99-77B7-402E-9059-128D8154EC4B.jpg (2732x2048, 406K)

Don't both the Push and Launchpad only work with Ableton?

This is beautiful

Nope, just checked with FAQ, they work with at least logic pro and FL, probably more with some fiddling

left has clickier buttons and is more like a mechanical keyboard right has better pads for drumming. depends on what you want to use it for, and for all the retards saying get a launchpad neither of those midi controllers in OP work like a launchpad.
source me because I've owned all three but use something totally different now.

>source me because I've owned all three but use something totally different now.
what do you use now?

>the one on the left looks way faggotier than the one on the rigfht
>
>plastered in logos
>unmarked dials
>cheapshit rubber pads
>absolutely huge, bulky af
>red + black edgememe
>ass-backwards numbering
>"""less faggoty"""
hmm...so this is what professionalism looks like in 2k18

Right, left looks like a toy and is probably less sensitive than MPD.