Post cool GNU/Linux games

Post cool GNU/Linux games
Starting with Energy Airforce: Aim Strike emulated on PCSX2.

Attached: gsdx_20180507000438.png (1280x896, 716K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolite_(video_game)
github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=VmHs-PI_YSo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but that's not a linux game, that's a PS2 game being emulated on linux

assaultcube is nice

torrent subreddit has a general for this

shhh

Attached: Max_Phantom.png (1920x1080, 3.18M)

how is it not a linux game when you can play it on linux?

>cool linux games
>something that looks screencapped from windows 98 except that it runs on top of an rx vega 64

>I've got nipples grant, can you milk me?

open arena

Attached: Openarena-logo.svg.png (1200x906, 37K)

Warzone 2100

also,
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_games

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

Zero-k is even better & definitely engine / ai / ... wise more sophisticated.

Attached: glaivereapersized.png (550x301, 232K)

xonotic and quetoo
please play with me

Quetoo is fucking dogshit.
Xonotic is good but dead.
Warsow still reigns supreme in gameplay but sadly it's just as dead.

We need someone to host a Jow Forums server on their Thinkpad

>Quetoo is fucking dogshit.
no u. have you played it recently? sometimes it gets updated. looks playable but i never played it online due to lack of servers in my continent and lack of friends

would you be in favor or against publishing xonotic on steam? that might bring players. i wouldn't mind

Overwatch is a pretty cool linux game, too bad it's shit tho.

Attached: Screenshot_20180506_222700.png (2560x1440, 2.12M)

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is God tier Linux gaming.

Attached: Screenshot_20180507-193055.png (1536x2048, 969K)

Does freespace source code project count?

>Not above 250 FPS with DXVK

nigga you should go back to windows

Tint (is not Tetris)

Attached: tint.png (658x472, 16K)

Fuck those things are annoying, especially when you live 1/2 mile from the flightline.

Always launching at random fucking hours, and 50% of the time they'll hard maneuver right over the dorms and kick it to military power. Almost positive it's just to troll us, since none of the heavies ever do that.

All of the Valve games
Doom sourceports

This. Doom is forever. The best game ever made.

lemmings

Attached: lemmings.png (1600x900, 664K)

I have my fps capped at 100, retard

>playing any game not in full screen
Do people actually do this?

>tfw the only thing stopping you from breaking free from the botnet is vidya addiction
When will I be able to play battlefield 4 through wine that's all I need.

Attached: roomdemolished.jpg (255x176, 8K)

If GPU companies made drivers just as good for gnu/linux as they do for Windows everything would be solved

AMD tries. nvidia is garbage in that regard

>bombs you

Attached: Su30_rear.jpg (1280x946, 223K)

just play your games on windows. linux is not for gaming

it was only for the screenshot

oh
so you opened up the game and started up a bot course then put it in windowed mode and killed a bot just for the screenshot

If I want to get the best vidya performance out of my rx580 what drivers do I install?

amdgpu. amdgpu-pro is not for gaming

Alright, the last time I bothered running Linux I was using an Nvidia GPU and I only ever remember reading about how garbage AMD drivers were. Also how is wine coming along now, can I get decent fps yet or is it still iffy?

OpenDungeons

Attached: OpenDungeons.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

Also Oolite, GOAT space trading and combat simulator en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolite_(video_game)

Attached: Oolite-DangerousHUD.png (999x535, 481K)

that is true, however, amd started investing a lot of time on the amdgpu in kernel drivers and they're very good now. in my case with cross platform games i get very similar performance as with windows

>can I get decent fps
i guess, but of course depends on the game. there's now a vulkan wrapper for wine that allows playing newer games. see github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/wiki and what do you plan to play?

dota2

A bit of battlefield 3/4 (don't care which) and I still need to get around to finishing the Witcher 3, other than these I just play older stuff and emulate Ace Combat so games wise there's little keeping me invested in windows.

Attached: DFoJtE9VwAAkwZ.jpg (600x600, 46K)

hmmm, i don't have those games so i can't comment on running these with wine, but they seem to work with bleeding edge versions, which is kind of amazing honestly

youtube.com/watch?v=VmHs-PI_YSo

>100fps in wine in a dx11 game
What the fuck is dxvk that good? I'm gonna have to set up a dual boot and test this out.

any idea how VNs run on linux?

don't forget to tell us about the results. remember, dxvk is in development.

no idea, but better check winehq

TA:Spring might be the most fun I have had gaming in Linux, albeit a few years ago.
3D remake of Total Annihilation, but had a feature where you could control individual units in first person.
Driving a tank into battle surrounded by thousands of friendly and enemy units is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences in the world.
Other games I used to play were Enemy Territory, Tremulous, True Combat: Elite. Not gonna lie though Qonk is the shit also.

Wine, Windows XP VM.
Some magic with locales, I guess
had some guides.

if PCXS2 counts i suggest you play ace combat
ta spring is fantastic.
first person thing was also done in some other games, some of which came to linux too
savage 2 comes to mind.

Thanks dude

thanks senpaitachi

Ah yeah forgot about Savage. I kinda preferred Tremulous over Savage because a bad commander would ruin the game, where a good team in Tremulous could easily police efficient building.
Honestly I am really surprised RTSS (realtime strategy shooters) still haven't picked up, especially with how hard we can push shit now. I can't think of a game since Battlezone 2 that really tried to do it like that. A single player base building game where you can run around 1st person ans fuck shit up? Then throw multiplayer in there? Why is this not a thing?
Anyways I'm offtopic and this is more /v/ territory than Jow Forums, but for the lack of games on linux at the time (for me this was 2010ish) I was surprised at how interesting the good ones we had were.
OH also I sunk too much of my life into Vega Strike, that Elite/Privateer style game

cube2 SAUERBRATEN is even better
i see your open arena and raise you WARSOW
never heard of this will give it a try.
i know retards irl who only play borderless and they uninstall games if there's no borderless windowed option.

The thing about cube 2 is that it’s so easy to hack. My friend was to edit some of the game files to create a third person hack, compile the binaries and play in any server. There isn’t any real protection

Borderless isn't so bad if you don't have multiple monitors, makes it easier to alt-tab.
Uninstalling just because there's no option for it is a little over the top though.

SU-27?

I frequently play NES games in a fucking PSP, that doesn't make them PSP games

>filename

Russians name their planes with odd numbers.
Lest we recall that faggot movie Top Gun and their MIG-28.

Payday 2, half life, Postal, Serious Sam.

>Post cool GNU/Linux games
>proceeds to post a emulated game
a thread died for this

And yet if you had just lurked a bit moar you wouldn't have wasted your trips and seen

Attached: file.png (1010x866, 89K)

TEMPEST
soundtrack by "minds eye"

Unironically this. I fucking love Warzone.

OpenXcom

Attached: 07_pathpreview.png (640x400, 101K)

Attached: concerned.jpg (578x497, 47K)

Zero-K
Cataclysm DDA
0ad

csgo, insurgency, spec ops the line, hacknet is silly but fun, tis-100, hotline miami, postal 2, garrys mod, left 4 dead

OpenRA

Attached: OpenRA_2014-01-26_15-41-01-09.jpg (1920x1080, 460K)

/v/ just turns into a linux vs windows thread

assautlcube is garbage I used to play that shit when i was 12 in the v93 days i'm an og nigga

technically it does

Attached: KUENf2r.jpg (720x707, 76K)

ace combat work with non full software renderer yet?

AFAIK 5 and 0 work flawlessly with some hacks enabled but 4 has some bugged textures still.

You've just made my day, I had no idea this was open source on the arch linux repo, I had the original game on PS1.

Attached: 1504200174652.png (300x320, 69K)

Worm Armageddon from GOG works perfectly with wine
Also, PayDay 2, Stardew Valley, Hotline Miami, Night in the Woods

And "Papers, please", yuh

there is 0 reason to play worms armaggedon when hedgewars exist

This

delid urself

wine gallium nine

Sorry, no double standards.

that's literally it

Rimworld, niggas. Plus you can get Rimjobworld and make rape dungeons in your colonies.

Are there actually games that get better performance via DXVK than in the native Linux port?