Crt shit

Am I the only one who still uses a crt monitor

Attached: download (1).jpg (228x221, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JBggP7C5Mc0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just received my ultrawide monitor man, and it's amazing. Please come to the future user

I use a 109b6 Philips CRT I have 2 other of same model in storage 2005 era.

run it at 1024x768 120hz

no you're not. still rocking a big fat nokia monitor from like 2001 my school was trashing out a few years ago that i asked to keep.

Mine just went to shit today, sad day man

What are the advantages of using a CRT compared to a digital monitor? And where can I get a CRT monitor that isn't at a garage sale/flea market?

before you start a thread with DAE how about you KYS?

Bought two trinitron displays within a month, really cheap, like 10 bucks each. The first one got focusing problems and overbright picture. And the second got some sort of unremovable red tint in SRGB mode and probably a bad power supply because a fuck ton of flares form UI elements.
Maybe I should try something with mitsubishi tubes? Also are there any reliable method to express-test this kind of hardware?

Attached: NEC Multisync FE950.jpg (3264x2448, 1.27M)

No, I use mine for playing games and as a secondary monitor for watching videos.
It's a nice way to get a high refresh rate, and when ran at it it doesn't strain my eyes.
I love the lack of the pixel grid as well, because I can make up new resolutions on the spot and have perfect integer scaling for games or whatever.

No, I also use it on my retro machines.
Not that I'd ever use it as a main display these days with high end flatpanels being far superior.

>paying 10 bucks from broken CRTs
Just try beforehand? Use your phone or UMPC with a VGA dongle.
There's no reason to buy broken CRTs when you can pick them up (high end ones) for 0.10€ a pop these days every other day to hoard in your storage.

CRT has a cancer risk to it, get rid of it.

Vs an lcd is manly refresh rate as far as I know. Dosen't really matter unless you're a gaymer, and even then its borderline placebo.

>Am I the only one who still uses a crt monitor
Nope, I use one for spear practice. It is useful in Africa to have such old technology. I am getting good. Soon I will aim at leftover DVD's and CD's

threadly reminder that most new GPUs don't even include a RAMDAC, so you need to buy something like a Delock 62967 DP->VGA, especially if you want to do anything north of 60 Hz.

how much is a ramdac and what port do i plug it in?

GTX 980Ti or the previous generation Titan card I believe support analog output still.

I know a guy running CRTs still and he wont upgrade because of that.

>Just try beforehand?
Actually tried. An most of listed problems appeared like after a week or two after purchase.

Literally can buy a 20 inch lcd in decent shape for $5 at thrift shop.

No excuse.

Man, I sure miss the day when I was shot in the face with a ray gun on a daily basis.

For real?

Yes. If you look at Jow Forums long enough on your CRT it will definitely give you cancer.

>I know a guy running CRTs still and he wont upgrade because of that.
I guess I'm similar. The idea of a GPU with digital-only outputs with built-in DRM scares me. I'd love to see another analog connector with more throughput, because VGA isn't really suitable for high refresh rates even at 1080p (and even my old CRT can reach higher resolutions).

the best LCD say they are 1ms yet in reality they are 9-15ms crt are effectivly 0ms like less than 0.1ms

>Am I the only one that [Insert autistic behavior here] here?

No. You are most definitely not.

This is true especially if the OS used is Gentoo.

Imagine being Jake Johnson
youtube.com/watch?v=JBggP7C5Mc0

Not really actively but I've kept the 2 I used to dual screen with years ago, one now is used on an old ibm the other sits on the right side of the desk (it's an old desk it has a big shelf area that held 2 monitors on it) that I've used on some occasions for repair jobs. That one is more special to me because I have had it since around 18 years. The other I think was just a spare one to start dual screening much later because someone was getting rid of it and I took it. Still have a couple old CRT tvs as well, the smaller one has a flat tube so it did at the time give a slightly better picture.

displayport to VGA adapters are a thing and work on my 1060

you can get lenovo ones for £5 or less.

get fucked brainlet

Those rarely support more than 1080p 60hz.

yer the adaptors suck most are 60hz only and ones that can do higher hz probably cause heaps of input lag defeating the purpose of using a CRT.

a 980 and CRT is still the best gaming setup lag wise.

None of the "benefits" are worth having a 60 lb monstrosity that takes up half your desk.

And it will be utter shit compared to CRTs. There are good LCD monitors, but don't get literal garbage.

Unlike you, we don't have slits for eyes

um 0ms input compared to 9-15ms input on best LCD.

that's a huge benefit.

then ontop of that you have
superior color
no screen tearing so no need to enable latancy inducing things like g-sync and freesync (which cause lag just like vsync)

i use a crt guy

Attached: DSC_0368.jpg (3840x2160, 2.57M)

Don`t those old cards have to use some onboard digital to analog converter anyway? What makes the external adapters inferior?

OC. Just wanted to post it somewhere.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-06-01-03-09~01.png (1044x955, 103K)

my amazonbasics one did 120hz just fine. it has a bit of latency once you get up to a high resolution like 1920x1440 85hz though.

I still have one, my only compliant is no sync on green option so I can hook up a console or two but maybe I'll pick up one at a thrift somewhere.

I would but you can't get the good stuff in my country anymore, and my old ones shat the bed a long time ago. There's still some CRTs being sold but it's all the cheap garbage.

I've been using high end CRTs from when they became cheap enough due to advent of LCDs until around... 2011? 2012? Something like that.

no 980 has 0ms output on its analog signal the reason the adaptors are inferior is they use cheap parts and are not part of the PCB
etc.

main reason they could keep price of 10 series down compared to 9 was removing this support if you look at the PCB it freed up alot of space and significantly reduced price of production.

you need to go back to English class

all my CRTs are internally rotted and burned in and they don't make them anymore so...

kinda fucked

Yes. Enjoy spending money to throw it away. You can't give CRTs away for free anymore.

For you

I use them in work at my computer repair store, the owner is an old fart who's still living in the 1980s so he doesnt throw shit away.

> (OP)
>Yes. Enjoy spending money to throw it away. You can't give CRTs away for free anymore.
ye like 10/5$ each

Attached: 1510883288476.jpg (586x448, 76K)

>throwing perfectly working tech away