Why is c# better

Why is c# better

Attached: y70o_womens.png (700x700, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r15&hw=ph&test=db
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharp.html
microsoft.com/net/download/linux-package-manager/ubuntu16-04/sdk-current
aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/
aws.amazon.com/architecture/
stackoverflow.blog/2018/04/26/stack-overflow-isnt-very-welcoming-its-time-for-that-to-change/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I too woke up today thinking it was opposite day.

It isn't

Easy for beginners, powerful for experts, and very elegant.

It's only for windows babbies.

Once they get a c# compiler on apt-get it's all over

Name one bad thing about c#

C# is basically the perfect balance between business and pleasure. It runs on every platform that matters, it's fast enough to get the job done, it'e easy and lispey enough to make the job straightforwards. In other words why wouldn't you want a job coding in c#?

Attached: 1475836649969.jpg (640x480, 96K)

This, to be honest.
I've worked (as in "got paid for using") so far with C#, Ruby, C, Objective-C, Swift, Java, PHP, and JavaScript. I also used a bit of C++ during my university days.
C# is easily the most pleasant language to read and to work with. It's very good at what it's designed for while being one of the best languages to start learning OOP with.

Java is better

How so?
I'm perfectly fine with Java, but if I have an option to chose either, I'll always go for C#.

Better performance, better ecosystem

It's newer.newer = better
you might say "that's not true"
however
the idea that "newer = better" is newer than the idea that "newer != better"
therefore
newer = better

Everything is a class. The language philosophy that set programming back by 20 years. Thanks, Bjarne!

At least there is some hope in sane procedural languages like Nim or Rust. Too bad I'll be an old man before they have any sort of an ecosystem.

>no macros

Do you also drive a tricycle to work from your house made out tinkertoys?

I like the syntax of the language. The .NET framework, and development on Windows in general, is not a pleasant experience. Very clunky. Very pajeet. Ooga booga

>Better performance
This is false, user.
JVM is pretty much equal performance-wise to the .NET Core/Mono, yet .NET can go native specifically for Windows.
>better ecosystem
Please elaborate.
I won't argue that Java is considerably more widespread than .NET, but aside from that - how's it better?

Idiots who can't comprehend OOP should not be allowed to do procedural programming.

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r15&hw=ph&test=db

Look where Java is, look where c# is

Write lisp or forth that compiles to c# you dingus

That's highly-specific anecdotal web-framework comparison, user. It has nothing to do with the languages and their respective platforms.
I don't understand how can you imply those benchmarks should be taken at face value when according to it literally all the most popular web-frameworks are shit, while vert.x is the Messiah of web-frameworks and everyone and their mom must use it or else - just look, it's 10 times that Spring!

Way to masturbate into the keyboard. Learn c#

I hate it that you either suck oracles cock or suck Microsoft’s cock. Why is there no open source safe OOP language?

Yes, exactly. You should use vert.x or any other async actor model based framework (e.g. aactix), instead of whatever old shit you are using. That is if you want to build scalable big boy systems and not just CRUD apps for mom and pop shops.

Plain language matters less than what libraries you will actually use when writing in that language, otherwise everyone would just write code in c.
Also, if we're gonna compare pure languages
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/csharp.html then C# and Java are nearly at the same level, but you cannot fine tune GC as much in c# as you can do in java + java gets you access to useful things like apache spark, kafka, hadoop, elastic search

This, at the very least M$ is opening up .NET and C#. I manage to use mono and Jetbrains Rider to develop as to avoid M$.

I ain't even going to argue against that. I've read about vert.x and it indeed looks pretty interesting - I might try it out.
Yet, it's massively underrepresented in the enterprise environment and a little bit of researching shows there are reasons for that as it's not as cute and perfect as the various benchmarks make it look like.

That's the .NET Core comparison I've been previously referring to.
I have little to no knowledge about GC tuning in both Java and C#, yet I know that C# tends to manage the memory considerably better than Java even in the overoptimized scenarios meaning the degree of "fine tuning" might be marginal or even completely irrelevant here. However, even assuming I'm plain wrong here - C# has other great tools going for it: LINQ, var and anonymous types, native async/await, safe navigation operator, and so on.
And, well, C# has plenty of useful things going for it too - like everything .NET, Xamarin, Unity, etc.

>and a little bit of researching shows there are reasons for that

citations needed
Vert.x is used in plenty of enterprise environments

>Vert.x is used in plenty of enterprise environments
Indeed, "citation needed".
How much is "plenty"?
Is it "plenty" compared to meme Java frameworks? Because that's the only plausible conclusion if we're judging by pure web popularity and/or by the job opportunities.

/thread

microsoft.com/net/download/linux-package-manager/ubuntu16-04/sdk-current

Attached: __aizawa_hikaru_microsoft_and_silverlight_drawn_by_akao__9cd6d783468984d3cd40fc3bbeca9489.jpg (931x1200, 654K)

c## is better

>and very elegant
you what mate?

Much better than Java and C++

> Real generics, not type-easure;
> Native library calls with DllImport;
> Function pointers (delegates);
> Automatic Properties
> Implicitly typed local variables (var)
> Object Initializer
> Collection Initializers
> Extension Methods
> LINQ
> Anonymous Types
> Optional Parameters with default values
> Covariance & contravariance
> Async & Await
> Read-only Auto properties
> Auto property initializer
> Expression bodied functions
> Null-conditional operators
> String Interpolation
> Exception Filters
> nameof()
> out var
> Pattern Matching
> Inferred Tuple Elements
> Local functions
> Throw expressions
> Generalized async return types

Not C# but major .NET features
> Tasks & Parallel
> ASP.NET Restful Services
> WCF
> EF
> WPF

That's not saying very much.

Attached: microsoftdotpajeet.jpg (650x472, 58K)

Attached: java-csharp-python-cpp-banking.png (767x747, 121K)

Attached: ss-2018-05-01-20-35-39.png (1008x541, 92K)

Attached: ss-2018-05-01-20-59-24.png (976x519, 107K)

better than what

Yes, Java established itself as a industry standard much early than C#, but I feel sorry for anyone who has to work with it.

Most of these companies runs shitty legacy Java code on Java 7, wich is an ancient outdated piece of crap.

If you're looking exclusevely for employability Java is the way to go, but if you expect to work with new stuff on Java ecosystem, you're fucked.

Too bad WPF is utter shite.

What are problems with it?
Other than not being multi-platform.

It's more verbose than necessary, slower than necessary, and less expressive than possible.

Be more specific.

Java Android is fine though right?

Seems that way to me.

It isn't. It's Java with more cruft.

Reimplementation of Java with ten years of hindsight. Larger standard library, but written for business tards, instead of programmers and scientists.

So not really better across the board.

Do I really need to install Windows/NT to code in see sharp?

1. Java 7 is fine, and it's not that old. And it's not like these companies also don't use outdated versions of .NET framework, C++11 (or even 03), Python 2, etc.
So singling out Java here is disingenuous. Also the adoption of Java 8 was at 70%+ last year.

Attached: ss-2018-05-08-14-26-43.png (1235x669, 37K)

2. Java is not even in the top 20 of most hated languages contrary to what microbabbies at Jow Forums tend to believe, so you don't really have to feel sorry for anyone.

Attached: ss-2018-05-08-14-18-27.png (700x928, 14K)

Give be a good c# book for people that can already program

see

Attached: best-csharp-book.jpg (832x1118, 778K)

can't read it
worst c# book

Even old versions of those languages have more features than the newest Java, not a big deal.

They just recently added VAR on Java 10, which have been around since 2007 on C# 3.0.

more syntax sugar != better
C# and other meme languages are a testing ground for features, and only some of them are included in the big boy language, after they've been proven to not be memes

Java development is too slow. I remember my Java coder friend who boasted that Java had lambda. TFW C# had already lambda years before.

HUURRR DUURRRR JAVA HAS LAMBDA NOW
HUURRR DUURRRR JAVA HAS VAR NOW

>utterly verbose
>very shitty type inference
>Can't do simple pattern matching on tuples
>Can't (==) on Tuples
>Can't overload operators with generics
>No Kinds
>not as portable as other langs (>inb4 dotnet core)
There's still other frustrating stuff that I can't think of right away.
That said, it's my goto language in most cases for production.

hello rajeesh

Attached: poo programmist.png (693x519, 453K)

Attached: java expert.jpg (300x168, 6K)

C++
Nothing written by an idiot is safe.
Your safety is just an illusion.

You are baby
___
/ # #
\___ # #

>C# and other meme languages are a testing ground for features, and only some of them are included in the big boy language, after they've been proven to not be memes
>big boy language
>Java
Java is the Kindergarden-language that just tries to box you in.

as opposed to what. name your better alternative to class based OOP or fuck right off.

>> LINQ
Literally the biggest thing I miss

better than a pile of shit?
at least it doesn't smell

Memes aside, Pluralsight is a great site for learning C#.

WinForms is pretty decent though apart from being super outdated

You are throwing out buzzwords, meaning you have no idea what you're talking about.

wpf is slower than winforms, much more complicated to use and can't do anything winforms can't do as well

Enlighten me then with an OOP language that isn't fucking rust.

Syntactic sugar that actually fucking works. Java just has a half baked type erasure version of generics that is fucking horrible. C# actually keeps track of type which is really fucking nice.

Like, you could just implement all of that shit in c, but it's faster to make.

>Syntactic sugar that actually fucking works.
> actually keeps track of type which is really fucking nice.
>Like, you could just implement all of that shit in c, but it's faster to make.

You're describing ruby more than c#.

what does amazon need thousands of programmers for? I understand they have a bigass website and a similarly massive backend, but really?

Have you ever heard of this suite of services called AWS?

some plebs still think that amazon only sell books online

>MSDN
>WPF
>Libraries
>Windows :^)

Take a good look at their whitepapers
aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/

Scroll down their AWS architecture page and have a look at the services they provide (("with just a click of a button"))
aws.amazon.com/architecture/

>SJWExchange
stackoverflow.blog/2018/04/26/stack-overflow-isnt-very-welcoming-its-time-for-that-to-change/
From a survey that says
>more people use IntelliJ than eclipse or netbeans
with respondents respondents gathered from:
>twitter
>people on stack exchange who wanted a special medal
>disregarded anyone who took less than 5 minutes to answer their survey

Yeah, seems legit.

There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies and statistics.

what did you mean by that?

Attached: ss-2018-05-09-08-12-00.png (787x625, 18K)

He described C# pretty accurately.

> begging the question
I know you're memeing but brainlets actually think like this

Because unlike C++ it's not a Frankenlanguage

fpbp

nothing compares to linq.

WPF is intended for rich UI layouts, it's alot easier to customize base controls, apply visual effects and animations.
Doing those things on Win forms os way more complicated, it's messy as fuck and you don't have GPU support.

literally everything in that statement is wrong.

>wpf is slower than winforms
WPF uses vectorization and is gpu hardware accelerated. The only times WPF is slower is if a) hardware acceleration is not supported for your hardware or b) you fucked up as a dev (e.g. mixing ui thread with worker threads, writing stupid xaml code, etc.)

>much more complicated to use
XAML has a learning curve, but once you get it you can write rich applications way easier than using winforms

> can't do anything winforms can't do as well
built in MVVM pattern, superior databinding comes to my mind

Attached: tenor.gif (498x451, 3M)

cannot implicitly cast System.Int32 to System.Int64

Rust

Don't tell them it's actually good, let them live in fear.

Free Pascal/Delphi

It's the other way around and that's not a bad thing.

Because you can get a job with it easily.

Better than Java in the corporate world, but I personally prefer Python and C++ when working in my free time.

>what is Mono
it was always available on Linux

now the .NET core is platform independent too
check out .NET core 2

functional, check out Elxir or Scala