Steve Jobs thread

Do you think Steve Jobs life had a positive or negative impact on humanity? Why?
>From one side I'm glad he existed because he obviously was a visionary. He was able to imagine personal computers (with desktop, mouse and keyboard), iPods, smartphones and tablets as we know them today. I'm afraid I wouldn't have this comodities now if he didn't exist.
>On the other hand he strongly contributed to the spread of propietary botnet software we have today and he made a profit on Chinese low-cost work force, so I didn't give a shit when he died (maybe was slightly happy).
>Anyway "stay hungry, stay foolish" is the most shittiest hipster nonsense sentence I ever heard in my life, why do people keep saying it??

Attached: Steve_Jobs_Headshot_2010-CROP.jpg (2048x2007, 336K)

I'm not glad he's dead but I'm glad he's gone

More negative than positive.

Positive:
- he was a pioneer in the movement that brought personal computers to the masses

Negative
- he brought the smartphone plague which glued normies' and thots' eyes to a glowing screen ever since
- he created this business model which prioritises design over function, selling gimped hardware at a huge price, just because it looks "cute" and minimalistic

I'm glad he's dead and I'm glad he's gone.

i'm glad he made the mp3 player and 3.5mm jack(on phones) popular

he gave us the only notebook with a working trackpad

>steve jobs
>no steve wozniak

i miss him

he was gay so it had a bad impact

If not for Jobs all your Android phones would be Blackberry knockoffs. Every Android phone was before the iPhone's 2007 release.

>the world would've been a better place if jobs was aborted
Thanks for confirming.

Steve Jobs didn't really have much of an impact; even if he hadn't been first, the smartphone revolution was inevitable. If it wasn't Apple, another company would have developed a smartphone, and they would either rapidly take over the phone market, or get snapped up by existing phone companies of the time like Blackberry or Nokia. If anything, he merely accelerated the spread of the technology by a few years.

engineers are too autistic to understand aesthetics or user interface design. they needed someone like jobs who would bust their asses over little things like a headphone jack or anti-aliased font rendering because, as he said, they have no taste.

He was dead when they went full retard and started removing features for design sake.

But wasnt the Nokia N95 and Blackberries alreadly saw as smartphones? What he did was giving the big screen full multitouch no physical keyboard and software suite that could be upgraded and updated. iPhone brought the direction on how to make software to smart devices, how smart devices should be and it is still like that after all those years.

Call him by his real name - Abdul Lateef Jandali

fpbp

Depends if you think Bill really copied Xerox or not.

Also I miss Gary Kildall.

>Jobs made

>Jobs created

>jobs made

O I am laffin. Ask anybody who had the "pleasure" of working under him, he was practically a monumental slave driving shitbag, and he was also a major thief and copier. None of his ideas were original, and most of his "revolutionary" tech was stolen from other people and dressed up as his ideas with his marketing skill.

He never once had an original thought that wasn't "how can I steal this and market it as something I made without fetting caught?"

He did have some good moments though, like pushing for higher resolution screens and better smartphone cameras, as well as all screen phones and reversible lightning connectors.

I believe he had a very positive effect on humanity. He contributed to technology more then the entire FOSS community ever will. He should be the mascot of Jow Forums in the sticky instead of Roger Moore tbqh.

Attached: 1519339245771.png (450x399, 337K)

It's called convergence, new tech is always going to be made, these companies that 'pioneer' it are just lucky to be in the right place to capitalize on it. There's a reason oracle, MS and apple were created around the same time with guys roughly the same age. Different companies, different people, same environment.

This is a normie board. We don't remember stuff that was few years ago.

Now we have new toys and idols, even if we cried for Jobs.

Just like we don't similarities between the specter and the 2000 year bug.

Everything is centered around NOW and NEW.

F P B P

Unironically this.