What is the best password manager that's not KeePass?

What is the best password manager that's not KeePass?

Attached: 1497869085753.png (560x315, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepasswordstore.org
passwordstore.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Google, because if you ever lose a password there's back ups at the NSA.

What's wrong with KeePass? It's easily the best password manager out there.

>your hdd has bad sectors
>keepass self destructs
KEK

QTPass

Attached: qtpass.png (512x512, 11K)

>it retries the read and spares them out, like hdds have been doing for ten years already

>your password manager doesn't notice because your OS and applications are all on an SSD these days

>a modern filesystem like ZFS or Btrfs silently fixes that for you without you or the application even knowing

>your password manager database is just a tiny file, so you restore it from your backups

Just write them down and keep the booklet in a locked container.

Bitwarden

how does a piece of software which holds the keys to all your online accounts, secured by one password, better than just having a few passwords which are easily memorized?

pass, also known as password-store.

it's a simple bash script that uses gpg2 and git to manage your passwords.

each password is an encrypted text file in the directory tree. the first line is the password and the other lines are arbitrary data where you can keep your username, recovery questions, etc.

downside: it doesn't encrypt the directory structure, so if you keep your password in ~/passwords/amazon, even though the file itself is encrypted, an attacker knows that you have an Amazon account.

but the beauty of pass is that it's simple and extensible, so you can use the pass-tomb extension to encrypt the directory tree.

2fa

6 avocado emoji password for all + 2fa

humanmemory.exe

Because that one password you are not using anywhere else.
Using a 'few passwords' everywhere means that one time one account gets their password fucked, you now have to alter all those accounts as that password has been added to a database.

1. it's easier to get phished with a website than to install a trojan that compromises your password manager
2. a good password manager will generate strong passwords that can't be bruteforced, and you won't have to remember them

I have a few varied usernames and have varying difficulties of a similar root password depending on the service I'm using. They'd have to know the write combination.

So what happens if you fuck up and somehow lose your database?

because if you have a few passwords, but many services, you must therefore have some overlap. sure, you can have variations, but at a certain point you need to compromise on password length/randomness. you can choose to remember a single fuckhuge master password, or have some master key file with KeePass, so all of your services will have really complex passwords.

im a big fan of the ability to embed files in the KeePass entries, so I can store backups of 2fa QR codes and such

make backups so you don't lose them. if you do lose them, most services have some way to recover the passwords. i have three long passwords i memorize. one is for logging into my machine, one is for KeePass, and one is for my email. that way i am always not totally screwed if somehow both the database and 2 backups are lost. i don't use any of those passwords elsewhere though.

Backups are critical here. As long as your encryption is solid, you can store it anywhere you have an extra MB of space.

Your head?

Attached: 34205.jpg (600x400, 33K)

pass(1)
>thepasswordstore.org

>pass(1)
>>thepasswordstore.org
uh, it's passwordstore.org

Google

What? My database is on the cloud, which Keepass2Android can access directly.

???

>have a file with all your information to log into services in in
>don't bother to back it up at all
You're american aren't you?

The most likely scenario for your password being stolen is via a compromised online service, which is why reusing passwords is dangerous. Who knows how places are storing their passwords (plaintext, salted) or if the words appear in some hackers wordlist.txt.

I'm not going to remember 150 unique 16-32 character long random strings, so yeah, a password manager is a pretty good idea, even though like all things it carries its own small risk.

1password

Keepass 2, or keepassx.
There is literally no reason to use anything else.

Keepass XC. If you mean no keepass whatsoever, 1password if you're wiling to pay, Bitwarden if you aren't.

Why would someone opt for a pay program over a free one?

Additional features.

you mean keepassxc, since keepassx is dead.

Sheet of fucking paper, you stupid pajeet.

>not backing up your shit
God fucking damn it user.
It's fucking 2018. When will you learn?

Oh, ok. Surely you have provided enough context to convince me, my man.

I shouldn't have to. You have the internet. Feel free to search.

The additional features don't do anything for me, but they could for small businesses.

>I shouldn't have to.
Nice argument.

I was saying it's dumb to only value lowest common denominator communication. It literally contradicts itself. Why value communication at all, if you actually don't- you only do to an arbitrary extent?

The question was "What is the best password manager that's not KeePass?" It's a retarded question, but you responded giving yourself arbitrary conditions to avoid actually communicating why of the two you mentioned there is no clear "best": only better than each other by certain measures. Why do this at all? You valued giving context of distinguishing them, but only in the most superficial way. When inquired for more context, you valued giving more, but only in the most superficial way. You literally forfeit your earlier context being respectful by willingly providing more when asked. You're wasting your time, and my time, by your being of no moral integrity, only offering lowest common denominator things until asked for more, which you do willingly, thus making the old context inferior by your own morals.

You're just an emotional dumbass. There's literally no defense for this, since any defense from you at all just forfeits your earlier undefended bullshit being sound. If you value context- if you value communication, and mutual understanding- then offer it the first time, instead of being dumb and contradictory by amending your first proposal as time goes on.

I use notes (all my passwords are sentences + other characters), only need to copy paste it, not a drawback for me

Bitwarden