Rust Language has CoC enforcement team

It has come to my attention that Rustlang has draconian """moderators""" aka "the thought police" whose job is to enforce CoC laws and boot you from the project and ban you from using Rust if you say anything that someone might deem offensive.

Does your programming language have Orwellian thought police like this? Are you afraid of losing access to language because of your beliefs?

Attached: 1507818791470.jpg (711x480, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rust-lang.org/en-US/team.html
github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/25640
reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7oeecg/socjus_ashley_williams_joins_the_rust_core_team/
archive.is/dgilk
ticki.github.io/blog/why_im_leaving_open_source/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17015644
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/06/15/a-tech-conference-that-bans-speakers-for-their-politics-must-be-consistent/
github.com/rust-lang/rust/blob/master/LICENSE-MIT
news.ycombinator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rust-lang.org/en-US/team.html

I looked into using Rust a little while ago. On the surface it sounded appealing. It sounded like it would give me a lot of what C++ offers, but without some of the headaches that C++ suffers from.

To keep a long story short, Rust, as a language, did not meet my expectations. The syntax is C-like, but it's also quirky in some ways. The performance was mediocre. The borrow-checking approach to memory management is a pain in the bottom in practice, even after you understand it and have worked with it. There was only one compiler implementation, and I found it to be buggy and slow, even compared to a slow C++ compiler like GCC. The standard library was pretty bad, and the string handling was atrocious. Third-party libraries often didn't compile, and many were woefully incomplete. It was a really bad experience.

But the worst part, in my opinion, was the Rust community. I've dealt with a lot of programming language communities over the decades, but Rust's was by far the worst I've ever experienced.

The whole Rust Code of Conduct thing is kind of weird. I mean, programming language communities got along just fine without codes of conduct for ages. At first I though it was just a symbolic thing, but I soon realized that the Rust Code of Conduct was much more than that. I'd classify it more as a religious text, or even a behavioral script. It was like the Rust community worshiped it. In my experience it turned what should have been friendly discussion among collaborating colleagues into a highly controlled, flow-chart-like, courtroom-like, overly-formal, totally-artificial, robotic-like ritual. You literally had to walk on eggshells the whole time, out of fear of accidentally violating the Rust Code of Conduct in some obscure and non-obvious way.

The Rust Code of Conduct itself is contradictory. For example, there's a paragraph that says, "we don’t tolerate behavior that excludes people", yet that same paragraph starts with, "We will exclude you from interaction if ...". They basically would be violating their own Rust Code of Conduct when they try to uphold it!

I later found out that they even have a Rust Moderation Team that goes around and enforces the Rust Code of Conduct! I can't think of any other programming language community that I've dealt with that has a formally organized hit squad whose sole purpose is to take out community members who are deemed to be "undesirable". It's absurd. It's really, really absurd.

Something else I found disturbing was the extreme leftism that permeated the community. Now I don't think that programming and politics really need to mix much. They're pretty separate, for the most part. But in my experience the Rust community was very heavily into promoting "diversity" and "tolerance" and all of those other left-wing buzzwords, even when they really had nothing to do with programming. It's like they're more focused on "social justice" than they are on creating a usable programming language.

Another thing that bothered me was the smugness I kept encountering from Rust's contributors and supporters. They kept portraying Rust as being this great savior, when in my opinion it's rather mediocre, and actually has some pretty serious flaws and problems. If you questioned these Rust supporters, they would basically belittle and insult you, assuming they didn't try to censor you through down-modding or banning, if the discussion venue supported such things. I found it strange how they often ridiculed C++, yet when it came to the same functionality or features Rust was often much worse than C++.

I've been programming for a long time, and I've used a lot of different programming languages, but my experience with Rust was perhaps the worst I've ever experienced. No programming language has left me more disappointed, and no programming language community has ever left me feeling more weirded out. In my opinion, the Rust community put on this facade of faux friendliness, but underneath all of this feel-good rhetoric was severe dysfunction and disguised anti-social tendencies. I went back to C++, because even if it isn't a perfect language, at least it's a decent language with a honest, open, friendly community.

As an aside, check out their priorities when it comes to documentation:

github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/25640

If you're wondering why Rust is never going anywhere, look no further than the crusty millenial social justice diseased individuals who run it.

That github link is the most revolting thing I have encountered in a couple of days now. It seems like it's a man too, I thought all SJW's were fat women.

the amount of stereotypical sóyboys on that page is absolutely astounding

>github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/25640
Jesus fuck two pulls not one two fuckin pulls about an abstract example of a programming concept containing a gendered character.

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7oeecg/socjus_ashley_williams_joins_the_rust_core_team/

Ashley "Kill all men" Williams
Community Team (lead)

I don't understand how these projects get infested so easily by people who are almost certainly technically incompetent. If people don't mention their race or gender or sexuality then there are no problems so why the fuck are people mentioning them and causing problems and why the fuck are these projects accepting CoC's.
Eradicate the SJW.

Jesus Christ, why would anyone invest their time in something like this?

>I don't understand how these projects get infested so easily by people who are almost certainly technically incompetent.
Using threats archive.is/dgilk

who gives a shit?

If the Rust mods start fucking with the community, we will just fork it.

The same shit happpen with Node, the community managers started fucking with the contributors, the contributors left and fork it, the fork become better than the original, the mods merged with the fork and stopped fucking with the devs for a while.

It has happen 2 fucking times.

Reminder that the member of their """core""" team is a communist jew who wants to kill white people.

Attached: 1520981520497.png (839x617, 54K)

>If the Rust mods start fucking with the community, we will just fork it.
By that time Rust would have grown too large for your fork to work.

>Who cares if twitter turns SJW, we'll just go on gab
No one reads that shit. It's like in Asimov's final question story, "it's ok when our sun runs out of energy we'll just go to another one". They would all start running out at the same time.

Holy shit I didn't think Rust was really a meme lang until I readed this thread.

Someone with a burner github comment on an open issue with obvious bait that uses "guys" ambivalently I bet a shit show ensures.

Should be done to many of these communities, we can game their male vaginas to produce reaction for fun and profit.

Attached: shadman.jpg (1000x786, 224K)

Rust gets money from Firefox, best solution begin migrate to swift to make it good language in Linux and Windows, in case really need low level language use Zig language.

Rust idea get Go,Python,Ruby,Javascript or Java programmers is stupid these programmers never will care learn or use borrow check.

>a slow C++ compiler like GCC
What is a fast C++ compiler then? Or is this in terms of compilation speed?

oh no you'll lose all those non-contributors, forks work wonders bitch

ITT: Hobbyist """coders""" who couldn't even begin the initial thought process of designing an entire programming language, much less one with the goals of Rust, hate on a fairly popular and successful language just because of "le ebil sjw boogeyman"

The 2016 election was really the final nail in this site's coffin.

Need a qrd on the purpose of Rust and its supposed benefits

It's C but has abstractions without the shitty speeds/bloat other languages come with I think? Big if true.

clang

Okay so it was about compilation speed and not execution speed.

>fairly popular and successful language
it isn't though

is Rust the most cucked language in the world today?

I was living in that apartment complex when they shot this photo. What a time communists roving around with baseball bats

Show me a Golang github issue where core devs talk about gender pronouns, or anything like that extensively. It doesn't exist I'm sure some of the folks that develop go at google have whacky political views but it doesn't permeate up to anything related to language itself.

WEW LAD.
I'm sorry you had to even touch this language, but thanks for the heads up.

>shadman

>le ebil sjw boogeyman
Except that it's these types of people that get rid of developers that are capable of maintaining and updating a project because they are a white male or they have different political views than them and then proceed to replace them with people that were less capable than the previous bath of people, just because they have the right views and or minority status. It's not that minorities magically can't be adept at software development; many of them are and are contributing to many projects as we speak. It's just that the hardliner progressive types in tech basically commit a form if nepotism and get people that they deem fit to take over projects, when they clearly don't have the skill to actually manage it. We saw this shit with Firefox and how it's gone downhill to being a copy of Chrome and it's probably happening with Rust. And like said, the core devs of Go at Google are probably on the left side of the political spectrum, yet they manage to not make Go not a shit language and not get into a pissy fit in a Github issue over gender pronouns. So if anything, it has to do with the type of people being attracted to the project.

Judaism

what happens when you get banished from Rust?

Attached: 1516803668044.jpg (1173x1173, 203K)

Compilation speed, which matters more than neck beards realize

They have to vote you out first like survivor

The lead developer will track you down and break your door open in the middle of the night. Behind him an army of starving social justice artists will scream out an indecipherable chant before launching themselves into your home.

Room by room the rustfags will smash and break everything the see until they all converge on your bedroom.

Surrounding your bed, the ritual begins. The lead developer holds a knife to your neck and the rest of his followers pin you down to your bed. After reading out every line of the holy CoC, the lead developer slits your throat. The rust fags smell the blood and one of the hungriest among them will bite your bloody neck. As your lifeless body lays in your bed, all that can be heard from your neighbourhood is very methodical feeding sounds.

This is what happens when you try Rust even once

ticki.github.io/blog/why_im_leaving_open_source/

check out this thread to see how those SJW commies get butthurt over Stallman:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17015644

Attached: 2ec.png (600x580, 572K)

10/10

Attached: Rust-BTFO.jpg (662x602, 212K)

That's not related to Rust though

Ycombinator has turned into a nest of fucking filthy leftists. All they do is argue about this shit.

Why can't you just program and let children larp like they are actually doing anything? If they "come" after you what are they even gonna do? Write a stern letter to you about how you're a meanie?

some dude mentioned rust there. scroll down for keks.

There is nothing criminal in CoC.
Do you think that it's appropriate to say niggerfaggot during a discussion concerning a programming language? CoC is basically "don't be an asshole" / "don't act like immature teenager".

So, an inappropriate unfunny joke be Stallman. There is no place for such things in official documents.

>CoC is basically "don't be an asshole" / "don't act like immature teenager".

CoC is a way to sneak in a political view by pretending to be a set of simple, innocent and reasonable behaviour guidelines. If you think about it, you realize that you don't need a COC to have decent behaviour.

this ANTIFA commie says violence is OK:

>One of Klabnik’s followers then pointed out that European “anti-fascist” movements tended to engage in political violence themselves.

>“Yup”, replied Klabnik. “100% okay with that, personally.”

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/06/15/a-tech-conference-that-bans-speakers-for-their-politics-must-be-consistent/

and this nutjob says violence against men is OK:

but guess what, CoC was not applied against them and these pieces of shit lead Rust.

Rust is a political language, not a technological language, so politics are related to Rust.

deets on the ginga with erect nipples plz

My language (C++17) doesn't have any moderators or CoC whatsoever.

This is true as far as I'm concerned now, Rust is part of the continuum of attacks on OSS.

And notice, no one goes around shitting on each other in the C++ community. We're all too busy making money.

From actually reading the CoC, moderators seem to be primarily for removing assholes from contributing to IRC or community repos
>Just don't be a cunt to strangers on the internet

well, good thing I only checked this shit out once and never considered it seriously. and of course I am glad no project is picking it up either.
fuck Rust and cuck projects like this one.

desu the appeal to Rust disappeared pretty much as C++ switched into fast gears a few years ago, just as Rust started to mold into shape.

C++ is now pretty modern (if people take the time and effort to learn the new versions/extensions). you can write thread safe, good performing and safe code with the modern versions (without being a lvl99 black hat C++ wizard).

yeah I would imagine knocking and saying "please don't do that" instead. basedboys and violence are two different things...

I see several threads here daily of C++ users shitting on C users and vice versa

And that's fine. Let it happen.

carol's nose looks kind of subversive.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-08 04-24-13.png (247x248, 75K)

Hi Rust community manager.
>We get to determine who is an "asshole"!
We know this game well

Attached: f25156fb6f95e5186db92934e03737ff.jpg (374x365, 23K)

>ban you from using Rust
And how would they go about this?

friendly reminder that php5/5.3 still runs in production despite being deprecated long ago and no longer receiving official support, there's also new large projects being written in python2.7 despite the deprecation deadline approaching quickly
it really doesn't matter how good modern c++ is when legacy c++ isn't going anywhere

Someone should write something really offensive in Rust and then we make it viral. Anyone up for the job?

the coc only concerns what happens on the official communication channels and any official rust website (like crates.io), they couldn't give a shit about what you make in rust outside of it not fitting the criteria for being accepted to crates.io

Remember: the standards that apply to you do not apply to the SJWs.

I made my own programming language though.

I don't give a single fuck about the joke. What pissed me off was the obnoxious rank pulling in a free software project. I'd leave the project if someone disrespected my decisions like that in public. Even if the fucker was paying me I'd still be pissed off.

>ban you from using Rust
how exactly?

github.com/rust-lang/rust/blob/master/LICENSE-MIT

lol are these people taking the piss out of sosjus. This seems too good to be true.

Attached: OHNONONONONONONO.png (963x199, 26K)

Forgot post number linking to pic related

Who hurt you, user?

Why would any language have a code of conduct tho?

>>Just don't be a cunt to strangers on the internet
The FreeBSD CoC explicitly allows you to be an "asshole" to someone who isn't part of a "historically marginalized group"
It's deemed a nessisary double standard to "dismantle whiteness" (white being a race it would normally be an example of racism, but racism is bad 'mkay)
So you can say "Kill all white men" and still be project head but god forbid you send a virtual hug to a woman of color

Reminds me of when Ayo.js forked themselves from node.js over a white male. They spent alot of time on making sure everyone declared their prefered pronouns and setting up a Coc and working on such fine slogans like "Humans before technology" and making a logo.
Almost NO actual programmers joined and after a couple of months that became obvious and the thing started to loose steam.
So despited all these stupid articles from polygon and gizmodo about the impending doom of node.js, Ayo.js is dead after 5 months.

Did anyone actually expect anything different? I said it was a DoA fork on day 1.

This thread caused me to get side tracked on the KIA subreddit last night, lost a few hours of sleep. These SJW/PROFESSIONAL victims are absolutely ridiculous. Its a shame to see it in oss

As usual, SJW-ism has an effect of demonetization and loss of trust from the normal majority consumers, leading to loss.
- Hasbro for example managed to bankrupt the GI Joe brand by employing SJW writers into their comic, ruining the brand value.
- Marvel keeps losing money over the new female "muh womyn power" Captain Marvel, who keeps being rehashed and forced in apparent desperation yet keeps failing and not making returns.
- Disney's Star Wars has now lost trust among prop sellers, a first in the brand's history. Shelves are filled with unsold TLJ "womyn powa" toys which are going to be written off as a major financial loss for both the sellers and Disney. Now sellers have no alternative but to scrutinize all future Disney's Bolshevik marketing projections and force increased costs on Disney as a risk tax. Disney even lost a potential market of 1.3 billion people in China which cites "Baizuo" and "Low IQ (SJW) writing" as critiques.
- Video Game developers appealing to a vocal minority of SJW's who don't even pay for games but rather gather around a single "representative" professional critic/influencer via bubbled social contacts to engage in mob criticism/coercion, who are merely there to support that one career critic against products they don't even care about; resulting in a loss of the core majority of consumers and a net loss in revenue due to appeal to vocal minority over majority.
It's like the religious preachers who exist to preach against products they don't use with fellow church member mobs, yet who are mistaken in ignorance by the object of criticism as consumers.
- FreeBSD suddenly forcibly coercing/demanding from users to become political "ambassadors" by a Code of Conduct copy pasted from some feminist wiki, completely unrelated to the object of the community or their initial interests in becoming part of it. Result? Skilled staff loss.
- SJW publications such as Salon forced into adwall.
Examples keep on appearing exponentially with each day.

Attached: 1519394365935.png (777x767, 353K)

The free market will regulate itself and sort them out, sooner or later..

BTW remenber Google putting a lot of effort in preferably hiring womyn, only to have those women sue them evntually? Hahahaha..

>Our website team has been formed! Now we figure out how to actually build our website, and you can help us out:
>Right now we're in the final hours of finalising our governance document!
>We are also looking for volunteers for our moderation team!
First and last posts
They seemed to have come to a complete stop after that

>Show me a Golang github issue where core devs talk about gender pronouns, or anything like that extensively. It doesn't exist
golang coc explicitly requires that violations of the coc be reported privately and not to be posted publicly, which means core language members and contributors likely have vastly different internal policies regarding discussing coc violations in public
besides, the only people using golang are pajeets cheating the h1b visa system, when pajeets start getting concerned about social justice there will be more pressing problems at hand

>but guess what, CoC was not applied against them and these pieces of shit lead Rust.
the scope of the rust coc is limited to the official communities or for when people are harassing people privately and only concerns current events, if the coc had scope outside of the rust communities or included past events you'd be crying about the coc being overbearing but instead you're now demanding someone be penalised for something they did in other communities and in the past, congratulations, you're literally as bad as the group of people you're trying to criticise

I don't get it, it's a fucking programming language. Are they gonna sue you if you make something naughty using it or something? Jesus Christ, just use any other programming language that isn't an ugly piece of shit and has garbage like this surrounding it

Most of the changes they DID make to the code what changing all instances of "node" with "ayo"
The whole affair was commical. It was """"almost"""" as if none of them new any javascript at all

>only to have those women sue them evntually

Source?

Attached: Screenshot_20180508-233602.jpg (1080x1920, 352K)

> github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/25640

Posted this to HN if any of you want to gib le upboat news.ycombinator com/item?id=17020706

Was it deleted?

>CoC is basically "don't be an asshole" / "don't act like immature teenager".
funny how loosely this is applied.
Just read the last comment on that rust PR
>While I can see the value of positive discrimination, and am generally in favor, in this case, there are a few different things at play.
only I can break the rules!!

It does not matter, since no one uses rust.

Oh, wait: two people use rust. One is the creator of rust, the other makes stupid rust threads on Jow Forums every day.

Except SJW CoC(ks) aren't written to merely encourage rational and common sense behavior, but also to coerce people into being political ambassadors for it and applying political semantics and "positive discrimination". They can even insert irrational points to masquerade them as rational behavior such as "durr you shouldn't send hugs online without consent" with the FreeBSD scandal which obviously has crossed the line from encouraging good behavior into encouraging sacrifice of IQ and EQ points.
So it's not merely "durr you shouldn't say niggerfaggot" as you so simple-mindedly put it, and don't even try to deny your intellectual dishonesty with regards to your reply.

/thread

I deleted it

There's no way this isn't satire.

Attached: 1516998278311.gif (800x600, 144K)

none of that mentions any questionable conduct. the only gripe he has is that rust is not haskell, and he admits that's his own fault

>Considering that these threads have been linked from Jow Forums, I'm restricting comments here for the time being.
>May 20, 2015
>three fucking years ago
Fellas, are we running out of material?

add Rust logo to that pic.

BASED CHINA

All females hate reason and work, and only know how to take money from men by cheating. It's inevitable that they would bite the hand that feeds them. You don't need a source to know this is true.

We should have listened to you, user. You've always been right before.