SJWs vs RMS

When jokes in the glibc manual are too offensive.

>Toward the end of April, Raymond Nicholson posteda patch to the glibc manualremoving a joke that he didn't think was useful to readers. The joke played on thedocumentation forabort()to make a statement about US government policy on providing information about abortions. As Nicholson noted: "The joke does not provide any useful information about the abort() function so removing it will not hinder use of glibc". On April30, Zack Weinbergapplied the patchto the glibc repository.

>Richard Stallman, who added the joke sometime in the 1990s,askedthat it not be removed. The resulting discussion touched on a number of issues. Carlos O'Donell, who has been trying hard to resolve the issue with some degree of consensus,suggestedthat the joke could hurt people who have had bad experiences associated with abortion. He proposed a couple of possible alternatives, including avoiding jokes entirely or discussing such issues in a different forum. Stallman, however,repliedthat "a GNU manual, like a course in history, is not meant to be a 'safe space'". He suggested the possibility of adding a trigger warning about functions that create child processes, since childbirth is "far more traumatic than having an abortion".

lwn.net/SubscriberLink/753646/a6ebb50040c5862c/

Attached: 1502119424218.png (1000x820, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-05/msg00197.html
svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325828
sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-05/msg00199.html
cs.ucsb.edu/~ravenben/humor/p_c_unix
gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Aborting-a-Program.html#Aborting-a-Program
cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.16.7.tar.xz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based RMS.

Attached: 1525767105743.gif (282x257, 1.8M)

The SJWs won tho, right? I can't find the joke in the man page for abort()

Childbirth more traumatic than abortion? I would argue opposite. Many less of a whore women have lifetime lasting trauma for their decision.
I do agree that we should keep jokes. Just because fuck fun police.

Jow Forums likes to pretend he's just a fat jew but in reality he's pissed off trannies who tried to make him lose his job and women get offended by his wording and clout.

They want to topple his philosophy based on his personal character.
The funny thing is that he was unintentually offensive.
He was also very understanding and non aggressive when pressed.

He was literally being merit based and not selecting based on gender ect.
Yet the tranny still decided to use him as a matyr and make him the example to the foss word.

Thankfully it backfired and the tranny got btfo by the community.

tldr: When even trannies see Stallman as "le huwhite patriarchy"(yet they aren't scared to attack him) you know he's doing something right.

His support for CP and incest will be his downfall, eventually.

He's using their own phrasing agains them.
Women famously always wine about how lucky we are we will never experience preg pains.

They're talking about forking right now, and many people are already denouncing GNU and the FSF and not donating to it (it relies on donations). Is this the end for GNU?
>sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-05/msg00197.html

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-08_01-18-58.png (570x482, 63K)

Meanwhile at BSD svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325828

What are some systemd- and GNU-free distros?

>he doesn't like to deepthroat CoC

>"a GNU manual, like a course in history, is not meant to be a 'safe space'
well he's right about that.
Also, ever since 1990s NOBODY wanted it removed or had any real vocal complaints about it? Really? It just so happens that now, in 2018 known as the age of the SJW riseup, this joke is seen as so highly innapropriate and needs to be removed ASAP or the whole project will be splintered? Christ, these people are sick

None of those people have ever donated or contributed to GNU or the FSF

BSD

>mailing thread full of glibc maintainers
>none of them contribute to gnu

Use Libreboot(trannyboot) and FreeDOS you mutilated faggot :^)

Jesus Christ
>discussion about a joke
>getting so angry that you abandon ship

>running an OS developed strictly on macbooks in a VM

>only a single new "contributor" complaining and bringing in external people to shit on the mailing list

>jew gets stabbed by his own weapons of war
lel

>FreeBSD
>LLVM
>GNU
who's the next target?

>an overwhelming number of maintainers agree to remove noise cluttering up documentation, not even part of the actual codebase
>stallman steps in and claims an authoritative position
All he had to do was agree the community was in the right right, even though he didn't agree. Instead, he killed his life's legacy by taking a ridiculous position. Nobody will take him seriously now, especially not the technical maintainers who put hours upon hours into developing glibc and other GNU projects.

>svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325828
fucking retarded

>muh do not joke about XYZ because it can offend someone :((((
sjws are such a pussies, I bet they never really go to school, because other students make muh jokes abour their faggotry ;((((

I agree that the joke is fine (kind of lame but whatever), but he should really have just caved for the sake of the project. Fucking autist.

a leader mustn't show weakness

RMS is the last man standing against an avalanche of CoC rape.

sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-05/msg00199.html
>I am taking the side of women who say that stuff like this is the reason why they do not take the software freedom movement seriously. I don't have problems with women contributing to my projects, almost all of
them say that working with me is really nice and pleasant -- I suspect my lack of using jokes like these to highlight issues critical to women has a lot to do with that.

>You all can say you want more women to contribute to free software, but to do it, you have to walk the walk, not only talk the talk. For every step forward that we make with initiatives such as Outreachy, at least one step is erased with stuff like this. Which is more important? The joke or fixing the actual diversity gap?

>I have seen the BSD community stand up for plenty of things, including the right for people to use their software and the right for women, LGBT spectrum people and other minorities to be comfortable in their projects. This is something where the FSF should be showing leadership. Instead, on this side, we not only fail to deliver, but proceed to defend the asinine behavior of it's present leader. It is time for the free software movement to do soul searching. Otherwise the diversity effort is for nothing.
Is he right, did we fail to deliver?

Didn't have to show weakness. He could've just said "sure whatever lol" and looked like a badass.

>outreachy
>diversity gap
Literally a racist and sexist piece of shit. Why is anyone taking this faggot sjw seriously again?

cuck*

That guy sounds like a fucking faggot.

I would actually start building in these sorts of jokes and "problematic harmful language" into the source code.

That way, when someone wants to remove it, I'd instantly know to ban that person from the project.

See user this is the kind of toxic masculinity that is costing the FSF so many opportunities!

A real hero.

>golems turn on kike

At least there's a safe space with nice things like fun, free speech and free software.

This, I'll do this and even add some kind of Code of Conduct with something like "don't be a jew/sjw/nigger/faggot" (yes, nigger/faggot, not muh b***k/g*y)

Can we just agree now that RMS and lunduke are /ourkikes/?
because otherwise THIS is going to be the face of freesoftware

Attached: Screenshot_20180427_231448.png (848x475, 312K)

SJWs are not triggered by abortion jokes, so-called "conservatives" are.

>RMS
>kike
[Citation needed]

Seriously who cares about these sensitive cunts? If they can show they can do shit well, then good, but if they keep whining about muh feelings and aren’t even good then back the fuck off back to their college safe spaces.

Call me old but we didn’t have to walk on eggshells trying not to hurt sensitive people’s feelers all the time back in the day.

Man I miss the old America. You can’t say what you want these days without some rainbow color haired faggot physically assaulting you.

man

Stallman has said that he is "an atheist of Jewish ancestry"[100] and often wears a button that reads "Impeach God".[13][101]

>be anti-capitalist atheist
>called a kike
I'm confused.

If you've read his page, he's also anti-Israel.

cs.ucsb.edu/~ravenben/humor/p_c_unix

People can't distinguish between the person as an individual and the person as a member of a group, news at 11.

Exactly. Wouldn't that make him the opposite of a kike?

Right.

>Chrypkode kyou/shyevyen
>faysh of de fwee showthwew
he ish a shchyupid fahghot who kent even shpeak correcly
Alshyo he ish youshink wyindowsh shyeven on hish meyn mashin sho nou

that is a dumb edgelord joke that has no place in documentation. i'd be raging if i was trying to understand a piece of software and there were any jokes in the comments whatsoever. self-documenting code, minimal comments pls.

>1) From now on, "rich text" will be more accurately referred to as
"exploitive capitalist text".

>Man I miss the old America.
Open-source projects are global. In fact the issue some have taken with the joke is that it's only relevant to US politics, and so is not only misplaced but also niche and thus confusing to anyone not familiar with it.

fuck now I want to plow his faggot ass why he lisps his moans out like that

Andrew Ryan.

it's been there for over 25 years fuck off

4) Traditionally, "normal video" (as opposed to "reverse video") was white on black. This implicitly condoned European colonialism, particularly with respect to people of African descent. UNIX System VI now uses "regressive video" to refer to white on black, while "progressive video" can be any color at all over a white background.

Attached: spiderman001470x3102x.jpg (940x620, 43K)

Sorry, I thought you meant it in the usual Jow Forums "any Jew ever" way.

>lwn mocking stallman part 9001
Open Source cucks just want to get rid of him.

>usual Jow Forums way
I miss the times between the removal of /new/ and before the introduction of Jow Forums, when it was possible to have a sensible discussion without a bunch of edgelords screaming jew or pajeet at fucking everything.

I miss when the bile spewing was almost entirely ironic as opposed as things are nowadays.

>The SJWs won tho, right? I can't find the joke in the man page for abort()
It's still there.

gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Aborting-a-Program.html#Aborting-a-Program

>GNU-free distros?
The Linux kernel itself contains GNU code.

Agreed.

>1 like
>1 rt
>1 comment

>news
>outrage
>revolution
>the end of GNU

go suck some more cock, basedboy

Alpine Linux.
Mostly Void Linux.

It's insane how sensitive people have become since the internet went mainstream.

>Jow Forums calls stallman a commie and kike for years
>finally learn that he was on their side the whole time against sjws
>they learn too late

I hope all of you faggots who shilled against him for years on here enjoy the multicolored hair cucklords of homosexuality that own us now.

>It is supremely ironic that people are criticizing me for --
supposedly -- offending people with an impersonal joke, while pouring
out gross personal insults and attacks.

Android

GNU btfo

I feel like no one is correct here. The joke is fucking stupid, removing the joke is too buthurt, being agains the removal of some boring stupid joke is fucking dumb etc.

>Alpine Linux.
contains GNU code.

The joke is stupid, but removing it is the worst possible outcome after someone made the claim that it was offensive. Should have just been removed silently with a comment that it was unprofessional.

>lose his job
He doesn't actually have a job to lose though...

>offended

Attached: Siddhesh Poyarekar.png (311x310, 133K)

>many people are already denouncing GNU and the FSF and not donating to
Hahaha, something I did long ago, because fuck those faggots that try to appropriate actually great products, such as Linux.

Based homeless man.

>contains GNU code.
Some of it, maybe, but doesn't use any GNU/software that fat fuck calls "OS".
So it's not GNU/Linux even by that asshole's definition. It's just Linux.

Alpine isn't Linux. Same way it isn't Firefox.

Thread derailed.

People who willfully kill their unborn children are not traumatised by it. If they think killing their own babies was bad then they would not abort in the first place.

That's bs and you know it. The vast majority of abortions are because the child has diseases that will kill either it or the mother if left to "live". The worst imo being one where the babies brains liquefy shortly after birth.

Yeah, that honestly sounds like the only solution-oriented solution where you're actually doing what's best for the project.

>he's never heard of an ectopic pregnancy

True

>Alpine isn't Linux.
Fuck off, Richard.
It is Alpine Linux. Same way we have Void Linux.
Not GNU/Linux, not GNU+Linux, just Linux.
The way it's supposed to be.

Attached: Screenshot_20180508-114313.png (1080x1920, 759K)

God he should change his name to soiboi fagget. Literally no one cared, and the joke is not the reason women don't want to get into IT, and it's kinda insulting to imply they're so fragile that a lame joke would keep them out.

RMS absolutely based
Sjws BTFO the fuck out
How will onions market ever recover?
RIP in rest cucks

It's "Alpine Linux" but Alpine is not Linux.

If you make a fork of Linux and call it Alpine Linux, fine, but that's not what Alpine is. It's a usual GNU-like system with software that has small footprints. It's not Linux. Linux is this: cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.16.7.tar.xz

>baiting
>taking the bait
Guys

Void is a GNU/Linux distro with an additional musl port.

A real hero.

>could hurt people who have had bad experiences associated with abortion

They're child murders. They deserve the all the condemnation they get and jail time.

>since childbirth is "far more traumatic than having an abortion".

Not according to current medical research.

Attached: 1443314942954.jpg (207x413, 25K)

dumb frog poster

>that pic
Imagine being this brainwashed.

Attached: 1525664931345.png (800x800, 84K)

t. never created any piece of useful software before

I thought void was dead because
>no updates
>leader missing
haven't checked it out for a while tho

>I bet they never really go to school, because other students make muh jokes abour their faggotry

Kind of. They go to alternative schools for kids with aspergers where the curriculum is an utter joke and they learn nothing.

Attached: autism 1153833566376.jpg (448x609, 52K)

Well the original reason for removing the joke seems like it should've been enough.