Why are there people out there who use a 16 year old, unsupported OS?

Attached: winxppro-2-1.png (800x600, 337K)

because of unsupported hardware and top comfyness

To remember times when MS wasn't a part of PRISM.

because their dumb

Being unsupported only matters if you're going online with it. I still use an old XP machine for lots of things because it's comfy and is what I did my college and school work on, so it puts me in a productive mindset.

>why are there people out there who use a 16 year old
I like 16yo, specially if they do as they are told and nothing more (the one in your pic sure does).

COD, COD2, Medal of Honour

They work on modern OS just fine, you don't have to dumpster-dive for 15 y/o hardware to play it on 1024x768 at 25 FPS.

Because change is painful, even change for the better.

A dorm I visited a few years ago still used Windows 98 for its camera system.
So what?

Because we moved to almost entirely web-based computer usage

Pretending to be retarded is still retarded

Still playing on my Pentium P4 3GHz from 2004 (not my main rig of course). Wanted to upgrade but wasn't sure games ran on anything modern.

Waiting for an old University C2D desktop, once my friend thinks it's EOL.

Any advice or experience is welcome..

what's the point in remembering if you can never go back?

It literally just works.
There are 0 useful additions in later editions, and you can't even disable the new shit in 7! Vista is ok but explorer sucks there.
>ywn go back to 95 or NT 4.0

>There are 0 useful additions in later editions
Having a browser that has had security patches in the last 5 years is what I consider an useful addition. Support for SSD or any modern hardware that speeds up your work is also useful addition in my books.

This looks so much better than the shit tier childish Win 10 le flat style.

Xp old enough to consent

>implying any internet explorer is secure
That's also why 95 and NT 4 are based, they have none of that bloat
Also there weren't really any big changes since the 90s in hardware part, old systems work fine on modern hardware with a few patches and maybe a driver

You can use a SSD on XP. Not that it's needed since it's fast as fuck.

Attached: chatroulette.jpg (500x373, 45K)

It's more like the SSD getting trashed to HDD performance because XP doesn't have TRIM support...

Just manually TRIM it? It's not a continuous process or anything. You can even trim while booted via 3rd party tools.

Yeah, and then I'll manually do garbage collecting and memory management. The whole reason for using OS is so I don't have to babysit my hardware like an autist. Any Linux distribution with Openbox will be as fast as XP, but it will also properly do its job.

They couldn't install gentoo

Attached: 2018-02-23-101253_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 865K)

That image is pure refined weapons grade autism.

this is fucking dsgusting.

if you need support from your os distributor that's really on you for being less intelligent than a 16 year old

Attached: 1512295124630.jpg (802x1200, 132K)

Windows users aren't exactly known for not being fucking retarded.

Some people still have potato grade hardware (there were a screenshot of some thirdworlder with socket A AMD processor)

why are there people out there who gobble up microsoft sponsored FUD and don’t know what a firewall is yet care so much about the software choices of others

>get rock solid more polished than a diamond piece of software
>need for updates= 0

>get unfinished piece of software with missing parts, bugs, and constant tracking functionality
>gee, I wonder when the next update is going to land so I can start looking for fixes before hand

Because they can't turn on PC for 16 years

Nostalgia

/thread

If it's an old machine that isn't using the internet but is used to control a factory machine or something there's really nothing wrong with that , probably expensive to replace it.

Only people in 3rd world shitholes use it.

Best OS for desktop virtual machines.

autist

Nice pedo wallpaper, loser.

Why change what isn't broken? The best case scenario is the system continues to function as is and in the worst case it breaks/gets worse. If your system meets 100% of your needs, do not change it, not even updates.

I do, swap out drives when needed from XP to Linux on older PCs and VirtualBox it on newer devices. There are some software advantages I wont go into but it is completely solid with very little work needed. TONS of abandonware to play with as well.

this. i run xp on a netbook where my only other option is linux because there are no drivers for it past xp.

Well with proper combo of controls you wont even need to worry on XP.. or even 98se or ME. Note: I dont run those. Anyhow. A proper install of a browser blocking specific elements will protect you. Java, flash and basically ALL ads are bad. Block those and you can run anything.

This post is impossible to argue against. It's a well thought out post. Good one user.

Because when i am tsting njrat, a keylogger and a hearstone bot, i would like to do it in a VM that does not require a lot of shit and has little to no protection

>namefag
>their

Because it fucking WORKS.

>tits
>pedo
Pick one. Pedobear says 2old4me.

Remember to block all javascript too. And install a 3rd party firewall to prevent remote pwnage.

NT 5.x windows is best windows
XP a cute

>hurr durr why use windows xp and later
CF card support.

windows 10 doesn't support huge ammonts of retro gear so fuck'em.
also tons of people like native support for xp games.

Its not good for anything else other than office use etc

that looks like shit, i would rather use windows 3.1

literally worst wm

Same as you but WinXP was just too unsusable in 2018 so I switched to Debian+mwm 2 months ago.

>too unusable
Wat. The only meaningful feature that's been introduced into Windows since then is quick searching from the start menu.

>yukari
>literally 100+ years old
>pedo
whew

>s-she looks and sounds like a child but I read somewhere that she's actually really old it's okay!
gets me every time

Because they don't know about POSReady 2009

>people out there who use a 16 year old, unsupported OS
And still better than Linux.

I run xp and with AVG my rig is impenetrable

>canonically depicted as an older woman
>"looks like a child"
Perhaps it's you and not the IceWM user with autism.

Attached: De_Yukari.png (456x548, 189K)

That's a good point user

Attached: extra_bad_feels.jpg (469x480, 17K)

>windows 10 doesn't support huge ammonts of retro gear
80s dot matrix printers and random chinese USB to parallel adapters? Check.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1536x1152, 389K)

>Can't have any up-to-date web browser
>No powershell, so no chocolatey
>No latest .net
>No longer maintained
>80% of software won't install since devs dropped support

I love winXP but it's just too old to be used as a day-to-day os

I'll counter argue that since it doesn't support my Xerox N40 printer. *nix does and so does anything 8.0 and down.

Try installing the Win8 driver anyway. It'll probably work.

Mine is a Panasonic KX-P1123, but the newest driver Panasonic has for it was for Win98 and NT 4.x. However they have a Win8 driver for the KX-P1121+, a USB 2.0 + parallel re-release of a model that differs from mine only in stuff that doesn't matter like fonts available in text-only mode. Driver worked perfectly; all defects in the print are due to a crapass ribbon that needs replacing.

it's still better than windows 10 and it just works.

>Try installing the Win8 driver anyway. It'll probably work.
XP was the last official supported OS, you could force installation on upto 8, 10 refuses to take the driver.

The more ppl use it, the more fun I have exploiting these unpatched boxes

Only an idiot would connect an XP box directly to the internet without a good firewall, or visit dodgy sites with javascript enabled.

Enjoy banging on TCP tarpit ports on my Linux based router, and not having your javascript executed.

Tick tock, Clarice.

Attached: The-Silence-Of-The-Lambs.png (1280x692, 932K)

Because it was the last good windows.

because you're mum is a whore!

How is it dumb if it doesn't connect to the interwebs?

fuck off and shave my balls millienial trash.

t.boomer

>AVG
>impenetrable

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

gay

Because it's better than our modern OSes.

They were though, did you forget _NSAKEY

This. I’m actually using an xp installation to play CoD2 right now. All of my favorite games are on DX9 anyway, and XP is comfy as fuck.

Patrician

That's clearly Maribel and not Yukari, confirming that user's superior taste in both distros and Touhous.

>inb4 maribel == yukari

Attached: 48f5c0acd49db0a3c20a042086a14b42.jpg (550x640, 114K)

Maribel is just proto-Yukari, and of course, forgotten by ZUN

A weeaboo running Gentoo is disgusting.

That theory is unproven though and there many holes in it.

Attached: 6060e0167a9b66063af9ef192bb79158.jpg (650x920, 112K)

just pull your cord at that point.

Attached: unimpressedcat.png (476x477, 256K)

>says so on a site made by a weeb for weebs based on a japanese imageboard

explain why using an unsupported OS is a bad thing
>hard mode: do not use the words "update" "internet" or "modern"

time isn't linear, you fool
when you remember, you literally go back

Waning application support, lack of new mitigations, lack of support for new hardware instruction sets such as AVX512, lack of driver support for new expansion cards and peripherals, etc.

unpatched security holes

>their

XP numbers are minimum nowadays. Complain if anything about Win7 being 9 years old and still having 50% of the market.

>Win7 still strong
My longest yeah boi ever

Yep, you took the bate.

Attached: 1315189968765.jpg (1000x1000, 166K)

there are people who still use their 16 yo computers
and they either don't know, care or want gnu/linux

>maintain some legacy systems for fun and occasionally use them for web surfing
>post from Win9x
>nobody cares
>post from NT4/2000
>nobody cares
>post from Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX
>nobody cares
>post from OS 8, 9, 10.4
>nobody cares
>post from XP
>twenty niggers get in a line to remind/lecture me about support ending like they think I'm hearing it for the very first time or otherwise give a fuck
Why do people obsess so much over XP and its users in particular? People like OP seem to fucking dwell on it like they're losing sleep over it. Is it just because it's the only unsupported operating system they know about? Still usable enough that they assume every XP user doesn't use anything else? I don't get it. There are so many people here who use unsupported systems for whatever reason or have rather insecure usage habits/actively block updates on supported systems but few people seem to give a shit about that at all, in some cases it's even applauded due to telemetry hysteria.

Learn from the mistakes