Has the Windows Troubleshooter ever fixed any problem?

Has the Windows Troubleshooter ever fixed any problem?

Attached: 3-advanced.png (585x452, 9K)

I've never heard of any automatic troubleshooter on any version of windows solving anything.

The network troubleshooter actually worked for me once

Network and audio troubleshooting has worked for me before, but that's about it

The network one used to always work for me when I had a dodgy network adapter as it was capable of turning it off and on again until it worked.

It unmuted audio for me once

Based Microsoft

It used to but now never.

>Program crashes
>WINDOWS HAS DETECTED A PROBL-
>Hits cancel and re-opens the program

Attached: 1454642312874.jpg (500x385, 13K)

this

Windows update, start menu and uninstall program troubleshooters work alright

I've actually solved a few things with the automatic troubleshooter. Network errors, audio problems, and USB issues mostly. It's a godsend when it works.

>He doesn't disable it altogether in services to save time when applications crash

Attached: 1465873656775.jpg (300x373, 40K)

yes it once broke my installation so bad i wiped it and installed gentoo, fixed all my problems

Yeah, me too. The wsus/bits troubleshooter work as well.

The network one works well because it disables and re-enables the network adaptor which will solve most problems, unless you have a manual IP config that is fucked up or it is a problem with your router.

Sure, I get it, it just restarts the audio service, or just resets the network connection, but it works, okay?

network

It can disable and enable network adapters and thus resolve some connecting issues

>audio format was not set to default

Majority of them work as they automatically do the steps you'll see "MVPs" tell you to do when encountering a (network/WU/sound/etc) problem. You would think this would stop MVPs from posting the same fucking steps over and over again but they don't.

Anything not fixed by the troubleshooter is a more specific problem that would be kind of silly to automate.

Pretty much this. It will fix a lot of issues that simply require restarting some services or renewing a lease, and sometimes actual application crashes that are 100% known, like those requiring some extra component like an old .NET version, in which case it will tell you to install it.

For everything else it will do nothing.

one time i left internet connection disabled in windows and forgot, it fixed it for me. it's pretty much only for fixing small mistakes for normie users, but it presents itself as if it does a lot more.

had the network troubleshooter work for me once, i was really surprised

> the XP equivalent usually crashed while it was telling you that something crashed
lel

It works sometimes for audio issues for me.

>Has the Windows Troubleshooter ever fixed any problem?
Good one, OP.

Attached: 1512630513948.jpg (2122x1415, 1004K)

The windows update troubleshooter fixed my ThinkPad last night. It kept trying to install a windows update and failed.

It has for me
>check for updates
>downloading
>installing
>Something HappenedĀ®
>try again, same thing
>run the Troubleshooter
>Troubleshooter didn't find anything wrong
>suggests check for updates
>let it do so
>now it works, wtf

Network and Aero troubleshooters work wonders based on my experience.

It has fixed shit that even re-enabling the adapter couldn't solve for me.

It's helped me reinstall shit keyboard's drivers a bunch.

They tend to work for me every time, unless I have either a hardware error, or some OS level bug in my profile that requires a service install to fix.

When I was a lad, I had Windows 7. One day, I was having issues connecting to the internet.
It told me to go to the Microsoft support website.

Windows troubleshooter is ass.

Attached: fucking why.png (740x840, 323K)

>he doesn't use linux to save time all the time

Attached: 1507112593737.png (645x729, 50K)

HID compliant everytime I plug in my controller

install gentoo