Its been two months, im still job hunting

Its been two months, im still job hunting

Web/System development is a meme. Im warning you faggots just go get any kind of stem degree

Attached: 1481790478231.jpg (638x547, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

file.io/zlq529
wrapbootstrap.com
templatemonster.com/html-javascript-website-templates/
nofile.io/f/kVuq0YwhJqH/ConnorStreet-Resume-Current.docx
freetexthost.com/2spp4gknoj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck you faggot, it's been about a year and I can't even get a shitty mcjob

if you guys have any churches (or any other religious institutions that you'd be more inclined to visit) definitely become active in them.
No I'm not recommending you to pray to God for help finding a job, but these communities tend to be very caring about their members. If you can become friends with many people from their they might be able to help you out finding a job somewhere. I know that all the local religious institutions (several churches and some mosques) really take care of their own people and if someone is in a position where they are able to recommend candidates for a position they will always recommend their own people first.

Huh.

Turns out Jow Forums anons really aren't cut out for jobs in the technology sector. Who would have thought.

I live in VA, if I don't belong to the church and paying tithe, no matter the denomination, they ain't doing shieet

I regret saying this. It's mean and disheartening.

Keep it up user. You'll find something you enjoy in time.

Wrong
I have a background in a lot of different areas, and management experience
I got fired last year because of someone else's ignorance, and the fact that the other managers never trained me properly on a piece of equipment I wasn't supposed to handle, so fuck off with your dipshit theory faggot

What? How?
Post CV

>posting your CV on Jow Forums of all fucking places
'no'

>go get any kind of stem degree
6 years unemployed mech eng. no.
if you are an autist you won't get a job ever no matter your grades or degree. graduated top of the class, btw

>2 months

you give up too easy

Degrees are a meme, just ace your interview and you're good. Employers only care about that.

>blaming others for your shortcomings

never gonna make it.

It has been 13 months for me user.
Meanwhile I'm a NEET at my parents home, being 24.
Getting a tech job is such a meme, this field seem fucked by Poojeets.

Attached: giphy.gif (540x540, 1.88M)

I'm still a student and it only took me 2 weeks to find a codemonkey job. I mean it's not the best job ever but it's more than I could hope for right now.

What have you actually `developed`? Chances are nothing substantial or useful to anyone. Your entitled attitude is what's so fucking annoying about you.

Literally this senpai

Probably this.
one of my interviewers told me that most people don't even pass the first interviews because of their shitty attitude.

This, except I'm 30 and still haven't had a job.

Previous experience? Degree? University?
I lucked out majorly. The school I graduated from is held in high regard where I live and companies do mental gymnastics of the highest degree to hire our alumni, regardless of how mediocre or stupid we are. Being a brainlet but going to a good university really helps, at least for me it did.
I also had an internship for 2.5 years straight, which probably helped a lot during the hiring process.
My interview process wasn't even that intense, just a few questions (like 4) about my prior experience and a meetup lunch.

>last job was a barbecue joint
>closing manager is responsible for checking smokers before leaving building
>Cooks fill the smoker and and are supposed to use a setting that keeps the temp just above 200° to smoke for 12 hours
>Check smoker before leaving and everything is good and holding temp like it should
>have 2 days off
>come back and get sat down and fired because the night I closed the smokers at some point raised temp to over 245° and was on a setting used for chicken
>was never trained on the smokers because I was a front of house manager, just told to check temp, time, and make sure wood was loaded
>sorry user, but we have to let you go
Kicker is I keep in contact with a friend who works there and the GM realized he made a mistake firing me, oh well they won't take me back and a year later haven't gotten past first interview in the 3 face to face interview I've had since last July

Sounds like a "bullshit job" user.
How did you cope with this ?

Attached: 1490884004-image.png (352x264, 96K)

I've felt at times the best answer to my dilemma was a bullet to the back of my throat, but I've got a kid so I keep plugging away hoping for the day someone gives me a fucking chance

Post your CV. Remove all the fun parts like name, email and phone number.
Just like falcon did with other people's CVs.

Attached: 1511698249111.jpg (1200x1600, 334K)

I'm customer service based, not tech based although I did some time working point of sale systems and cellphones, tech is more a hobby than anything really, but hold on and let me see what I can do

post your portfolio

Here goes...

Attached: Resume4U.jpg (1574x657, 270K)

jesus christ...

Lay it on me

>including but not limited too

discarded if I even made it that far. how old are you?

You're first issue is that there is waaaay too much text. Resumes are supposed to be quick and at a glance reading

"Experience"

This is way too long. Keep this on hand but build your resume with the most relevant jobs for the position you are applying for. Make the heading "Relevant work experience"

I know it's more work for each application but no one wants to read all that. 2 pages max. Keep the 2006-2012 on your resume as well.

Holy shit dude you need to trim that down. Extend your margins first. Remove jobs that are old and irrelevant to what you're applying to (the bartending stuff). Try to be more concise in the descriptions of the jobs that are relevant.

At most your resume should be two pages, but I'd recommend one.

Ok, how should I reformat it? Just single words for responsibilities or what?
too old and apparently using an ancient CV format
But how should I shorten it while keeping relevant information in the descriptions? I understand about creating other resumes that are specific to industries
Ok, shortening tips?

I'm part of the hiring process at work. Your resume is awful. It should be MAX 2 pages long. No paragraphs. It's ugly. There's no education section (high school? College?). Keep descriptions brief, optionally use bullet points. Where are your references?

Noted, I appreciate your input

I think the bartending one is important. only job he's held for more than a year. Also it's technically a management position.

Any jobs at the same company, combine into one. 3 to 5 bullet points for each job, use action verbs instead of "responsible for". We don't need to know what you were doing 15 years ago. Expand margins.

>web development is a meme

what does this even mean to you? I got a full-stack job working on web applications. Getting $60k, which isn't bad for the area and it being my first job.

Ok, what do you think about references? Also the last job was management technically considering I did all the EOD reports, and handled all the cash and setup the deposits and what not

>Ok, shortening tips?
I gave you three...

If you want more, I'd get rid of the skills section as well.

Do you have any formal education? List that first.

>I think the bartending one is important. only job he's held for more than a year. Also it's technically a management position.
True. I guess I'd need to know what kind of job user is looking for to give further advice.

I'll post my resume, gimme a second to anonymize.

I just go with "References available upon request" at the beginning of the experience section, it's good to show you have them available. Cut out you stuff before 2006 and switch to bullet points, make it 1.5 pages and I guarantee more people will read through it. A quick education blurb is worth it if you have any post-high school

A Resume usually has only one page and goes:

1- Personal contact info
2- Education
3- Experience
4- Skills/Competencies

Do you have any meaningful education? You should put that in. Have you at least completed High school? Any certified courses/training?

HR People usually care about your last five years of working experience and/or last three jobs. One paragraph is more than enough to explain what you did, no need to specify everything, especially menial tasks.

This is all good advice. A few hours on your resume will go a long long way. Remember, your resume is there to get you past HR into an actual interview.

Here's a poorly anonymized version of my resume that landed me a full-time position. If I read the thread right, you didn't go to uni, but I went to a no-name university in a small state.

I feel what got me the job was:
>Projects
>Internship

You might not be able to do shit about the internship, but you can certainly make some interesting projects. Hell, my projects suck, but they asked about them and I was able to talk about them.

Attached: anonyresu.png (708x862, 41K)

>tfw three interviews this week and one offer letter has been made to me that I declined in order to edit the contract

EleGiggle

I appreciate all your advice, thank you very much
I have credits, but not enough, and yeah they're CC credits, but I'm doing remote classes in the fall with my old CC where I had a better GPA just to get my AA at least, then see what my options are from there, but what I don't have in internships I make up for in experience

for all you non neets on Jow Forums

>how much do you make?
>are you happy with that amount?
>are you happier as a wagie than as a neet?

From what I can tell God just wants you to stay in church all day

Loo at Wahhabi Muslims or Orthodox Jews, both spend hours praying every damn day, does God just give them jobs?

Attached: Kanye.jpg (2000x1000, 538K)

1700euros per month as phd student. im happy with it, could be worse. i was happier as a neet but i have more freedom as a wagie ironically.

1150 sgd per month on internship pay

thank god i was not born in the shithole of *meric*

>chill jr sysadmin job, 55k
>get to put away a bunch every year, still a neet so don't spend too much
>implying not neet

I don't talk to people that much I just do my job decently and people are nice in general. Just smile and laugh and roll with the jabs at being quiet or whatever

I make ~$63k/yr plus benefits. The best benefit for me is the flight benefit. The company is associated with an airline, and I get about 65% off most airline tickets with that family of airlines.

I'm happier because I can buy practically whatever I want. However, I have seasonal affective disorder and moved from the midwest to the south, so it might just be the sunlight helping me.

I've never really been a NEET (I've had a job of some kind since highschool). I love travel, fancy sneakers, and cooking good foods, none of which is possible on a NEET budget.

>bragging about 885USD a month internship
I made 2k a month as an internship in the US with full benefits lol

CS major here, I just turned down a 75,000 ameridollar offer because I think I can make more doing freelance.

Did I fuck up?

And Jews recommend their own first

>Software Engineer
>1900€/month after taxes
Could be worse, I live in an inexpensive city and I live like a neet so I don't a lot of social expenses. But of course it's quite low compared to any management-like position in tech.

>got into mech eng at a good university
>failed because I sperged out and refused to leave my room for 2 years
>now I'm doing a maths degree at one of the worst unis in the country
>0 work experience whatesoever

Not to worry though, that all-important STEM degree will guarantee me a good job, right?

if you get an internship yep

Move to Seattle. Plenty of work here.I have a degree in econ and I work as a kotlin developer now.

Its not just Jews its any religious people.

yes, depends, where do you live?

Honestly, it's just networking. If you can join a group of people that have a strong sense of group identity, you can go pretty far with your career, since they like for take care of their own.
Church is a good option cause it's a low barrier for entry.

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at. Its easy to start attending a religious institutions, and the people there will already like you. Even more so if you make up some bullshit about how you converted.

Depends on the state and the position/technology you'll use. Where are you?

there's also a "goals"/"objectives" section, one paragraph long to lie out of your ass about how much you're motivated and prepared to have this job.

only old women go to church though

>3- Experience
This is the section that ends up making a resume go on for like 5+ pages, especially if you're an older person with relevant information to list.
But otherwise agreed, if you're not 30+, having a resume longer than a page is basically suicide.

Pennsylvania. Job was PHP/ backend

If you actually make more with freelance you didn't fuck up.

But if you have no clients willing to pay you for freelance work you sure did retard.

>BS Computer Science
dropped, get a real degree or none

>Also it's technically a management position.
what was the management part of the job, do you even describe it other than
>managerial functions
were you responsible for people? I think this would be the most important one if it is the case

The guy your commenting on
I was responsible for people, guests, inventory, EOD office processes, ordering, deaposits, bank runs, only thing I wasn't responsible for was scheduling

>responsible for people
in what way and how many? team of 5, team of 20?
>EOD
is this something people would understand, I'm no ameritard BTW

No. That sounds really worrying. What do you mean you "sperged out". Not leaving your room for fucking 2 years is full on mental illness no doubts about it. That isn't something that just happens by accident. Unless you have fixed the cause of that you are going to be in trouble, I predict. I hope you do well though, not trying to be a dick.

>BSc Mathematics
>MSc Data Analytics
>can't get a job after 8 months
Don't fall for the stem meme.

file.io/zlq529

Here you go neet buddies, I'm 20 and my dad is the owner of Alakoa Corperation. Along with a few other companies such as subscription and bar stool stats, check them out! Hope this brings you value. Have a good one.

Attached: d07.jpg (600x677, 24K)

In college he took my Microsoft office course class for me, so he also helped me by making my resume. This is written by someone with almost 30 years experience, enjoy!

BootStrap Templates

wrapbootstrap.com

HTML5 Javascript Templates

templatemonster.com/html-javascript-website-templates/

Google for more for the technology you want to use!

- email from my father. Much love to you all.

Uh the fuck is this?
Also
>404

I'm a senior react developer working in consulting.
>how much do you make?
$85k before bonuses
>are you happy with that amount?
No, however my job's benefits make it more bearable (wfh twice a week and a super relaxed office culture)
>are you happier as a wagie than as a neet?
That's difficult. In some ways yes in other ways no. I felt like I was rotting away when I was unemployed but in other software jobs I hated my life. Consulting changed my life for sure.

nofile.io/f/kVuq0YwhJqH/ConnorStreet-Resume-Current.docx

All the bare bones for a website, resume, and cover letter for newbies like my self.

Trying to help OP out. And other anons in this thread. That one resume was atrocious.

Attached: 1411468232221.gif (250x305, 322K)

freetexthost.com/2spp4gknoj

Here is the cover letter for anyone new.

not him, but thanks for the example

but a 3 page resume? is that acceptable where you live? i also live in the US and all the advice i've ever heard says to NEVER go above one page unless you have a PhD

2 page is usually okay