EVERY GOD DAMN UPDATE THEY REVERT MY SOUND MIXER TO THIS AND I HAVE TO FIND HACKS TO GET THE OLD ONE BACK

EVERY GOD DAMN UPDATE THEY REVERT MY SOUND MIXER TO THIS AND I HAVE TO FIND HACKS TO GET THE OLD ONE BACK

Attached: EVERYFUCKINGTIME.png (355x140, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/File-New-Project/EarTrumpet
github.com/Conmanx360/QemuHDADump
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/linux/ bug/993162
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iktf. I didn't know first world pain until I had to manually open the volume mixer on W10

install gentoo
then you won't have any audio to worry about
seriously, Linux audio stack is horrible
pat on the head for the first user to post the c&h alsa comic strip

>Linux audio stack is horrible
How? PulseAudio works perfectly.

>Linux audio stack is horrible
for the average user it's fine nowadays

here is a hack for you - get external DAC.

This. When will the soundcard meme die?

can't save profile?

For about half a year every time I logged out pulseaudio hanged and didn't respond after I logged in again and I had to manually kill it to force it to respawn.
The problem disappeared recently, but it's a good example of how PulseAudio "works".

??

Attached: Untitled.png (192x355, 49K)

I have 0 issues with Linux audio, and I run a Sound Blaster Z that I wrote the driver fix for. I don't think Linux audio is as bad as you think.

outdated garbage

Well, my experience is different. I only had problems with it.
And the front panel audio on my desktop still doesn't work with PA, but I've given up on it.

do you have to do this?

works better than win10, and doesnt reset because microsoft told it to

win10 users don't belong here, fuck off

??

Attached: .png (257x153, 10K)

>2012+6
>still uses Winshit
>still complains about winshit

Attached: 1511672363240.png (703x911, 74K)

What card is your on board? A lot of times Pulse doesn't understand alsamixer, and you have to manually set it in alsamixer. But, if you have a fairly generic onboard card, it shouldn't be that difficult to get front headphones working.

you mean press right mouse button and then select "open volume mixer"? woah so much work

>right click -> open volume mixer
Or do you mean something else when you say "volume mixer"?

>seriously, Linux audio stack is horrible
I don't really understand this mene. For me it just always werks.

When motherboards quit irradiating electromagnetic pulses into unbalanced audio wires, probably.

>right click
>sound mixer
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>clique righte butone of mousse
>wa la

Some generic onboard thing from Asus. It also has a legacy mode that can be switched on from BIOS but that doesn't help either.
Linux just completely ignores the front panel and keeps outputting sound from the back.

github.com/File-New-Project/EarTrumpet
Retards

They do it so you can't truly mute your microphone

Well, I don't know your specific chip, but, most audio chips run under a standard called Intel HD Audio, and it's a fairly generic and straight forward standard. Usually the solution is as simple as setting things through that standard. But I wrote a program that can dump the audio commands if you run Windows on qemu with your sound chip through PCI passthrough.
If you're actually interested in fixing it, I could help you get it working.

Literally what's the fucking point?

Attached: awkg14atwvry.png (680x227, 72K)

Works on my new high end machine, so no, it's not garbage nor outdated :^)

Yes, it's Intel HDA. And I don't think the hardware is the problem.
So far it looks like PA gets confused by all the outputs and only switches between back panel jacks and S/PIDF, while completely ignoring the front panel.

>he doesn't use LTSB
LMAOing at your life.

Attached: Untitled.png (146x464, 11K)

Is there any sort of setting in alsamixer? Do you happen to know what pin front headphone is? There's a python program called hda-analyzer, and if you figure out what pin your front headphone is and set it to out, you could see if that at least gets output. Then, it wouldn't be too hard to write that into the driver.

>no number indicator
BAD!

>he uses Windows
ROLFing at your lack of life

Give 1 (one) VALID reason to use linux over windows that isn't to do with anime ricing.

>no number indicator
What did he mean by this?

Attached: nimetön.png (296x499, 32K)

Programming in the C language from the command line without installing anything.

Sounds like some nerd shit.

Stick to Wangblows, amigo. The big boys will stick to GNU/Linux.

>utorrent

>Worksonmymachine.jpg

I'll give you more than 1 because there are so many
1. Freedom
2. Installing any package from the package manager, rather than having to go online to some website, download the installer, and run it manually
3. Automatic updates to every program on the system
4. Stability
5. POSIX compliance means any compliant C program will run without problems, unlike Windows
6. It doesn't cost any money

*pat*
I can't find my headpat folder so here's sugoi rms

Attached: 1433556702258.png (300x360, 176K)

works on my machine ;)

use this instead next time

Attached: 1476191144796.png (640x480, 591K)

no, it's pig disgusting anime shit

Attached: 1511034829101.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

I have a ga-z77x-ud5h and whatever Linux distro I try I have a huge issue with my audio. My audio outputs flicker extremely quickly between "headphones" and whatever output I actually have set (optical out). This makes the sound stutter and the "headphones" flashes so rapidly I can't click on it in the sound settings. What do?

Is this in pulseaudio, or are you messing with Alsamixer? Looking up your card, it looks like it has a special headphone amplifier than needs engaged.

I've checked a few things.
The chip is Realtek ALC892.
The PA configuration utility in KDE shows the headphones as unplugged and alsamixer shows a headphones bar but it doesn't seem to do anything.

why don't linux distros switch to sndio

it's ISC licensed and all, which is pretty close to public domain

Not on my machine™

Hmm... looking in the patch_realtek.c driver in the kernel source, it's using patch ops for the alc882. Maybe more specfic patch ops are needed. Sounds like the pins aren't being correctly identified.
If you really wanted to solve it, you could use my program:
github.com/Conmanx360/QemuHDADump
To get a dump of the commands in a virtual machine, and then reverse engineer from there. It's how I got the Sound Blaster Z working, which is a way more complex card. Yours may be as simple as just pin configs and maybe GPIO.

I had KDE on my work laptop and no matter what I fucking did, the mute button only controlled the volume of the current application. So if I wanted to mute my laptop quickly there was no option, I had to click on the volume mixer and select central volume and click it down.

I'm a complete Linux retard. Whatever opens when I go to sound settings. I'd like to disable the headphones. I have my sound going from the optical port to my reciever. I never change it.

Yeah, I guess the issue here is figuring out what is to blame. Alsa controls will sometimes do this, if they're waiting for controls to be loaded, or Pulse could be trying to auto-select. Does it persist, or have you found a way around it?

Hmm, sounds suspiciously like this: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/linux/ bug/993162
Might as well be the fucking pins.
Thanks for the help user. I'm tired as shit but I'm going to do some magic tomorrow and hopefully it works.

You can only blame yourself for using W10 instead of W7, retard.

I'm using LTSB and its the OP way, doesn't bother me though.

Attached: ltsb.png (390x175, 11K)

uninstall windows faggot

>ha, stupid wincucks having to go to a site and download programs! Us patrician GNU+Linux users are sophisticated enough to use our own command line app store and let these apps update whenever the fuck they want!

aight

maybe learn how to use a computer

*or
You use nor when you use neither.

No. I just gave up after a few hours of googling around. This is the only thing preventing me from switching to mainly using Linux. I have just accepted the fact that I'll have to wait until I get new hardware. In the next year or so.

it actually werks

I was the same, with my Sound Blaster Z being the thing limiting me from using Linux. But, after I made the program to get the commands from Windows, it's no longer an issue. If you were willing to put the time in to fix it, it'd fix it for a lot of other people who aren't using Linux for the same reason.
That's really main reason I wanted to fix it. Sound shouldn't be the thing keeping people from using Linux.

but user, it's racist & classist to point out that English still has rules of grammar

I'm dum-dum loonix user

what's wrong with it?

This. What's up, OP?

just right click on the volume icon to get to the volume mixer

Attached: Capture.png (299x231, 8K)

works for me :^)

Attached: Untitled-1.png (238x459, 28K)

what mental illness is this where people don't use software in fucking english?

he doesn't fucking know because his os is in fucking german, and germans are afraid of learning other languages

I think it's called "Diversity"

i think it's a waste of time, resources, keeps the user retarded and translations are fucking awkward

Ok, everyone should learn to speak Mandarin and read Chinese then.

we should all be forced to learn a computer generated perfect language

ah they found one already

god damn computers

Attached: 2dZbPtZ.jpg (1050x1400, 382K)

ins gas, verräter

fucking digusting

off yourself, hans. why are all of your movies dubbed in the cinema, you dumb fucks? huh? can't fucking read subtitles?

i know you are

she has fake tits, an ugly face and a flat ass. kys, soiboi

Enjoy copy pasting a translated error message in google.

I think you misunderstood. We re-translate the entire OS and all software into native Chinese.

>I wrote the driver fix
>I can't understand why people are having problems.

Are you this autism or is it a total lack of empathy of self awareness?

You wrote a driver fix. Most people are incapable of this. Of course you are more likely to get audio working.

she's a perfectly slutty gear hacker, stay lonely michael

My point was that once I fixed it, it isn't an issue, and there are a ton of drivers that work out of the box.
The Sound Blaster Z is a unique situation where Creative wasn't working on the drivers, but just about every other card is supported.
Getting sound working for other cards isn't that hard as long as you get the information to the developers. The HDA standard makes it pretty simple.

It's funny you think that, because seeing as there is a 99,9% chance that you're a weeb, the only reason your precious Japanese culture exists at all is because they don't speak English and aren't part of the American world. They need their UIs translated as much as you can't use Japanese language UIs.

right click numb nuts

Attached: rightclick.png (492x399, 40K)

Linux driver level sound isn't the problem. It's the multiple sound layers that has issues.
If you want something that kinda just works out of box with no custom configs, Pulseaudio works most of the time.
If you want to configure audio routing, or processing effects, or anything non-standard (compared to the average user), you'll likely have to go outside the Pulseaudio stack with something like JACK, or completely remove it altogether.
Unless you are a master of Audio configs, actually implementing your own is a nightmarish hell.

Agreed. But you're in the same boat with Windows. Things like ASIO I think let you directly access hardware, but they're not used by average users. Pulse puts Linux pretty much on the same level as Windows for the average user.

>there is a 99,9% chance that you're a weeb
too bad i'm not, because i stopped reading your low-iq intervention right there

True. I guess the complaint that most Linux users have is that it's not as simple and configurable as the rest of the system (which is exactly the same problem that SystemD has, POETTERING!!!!!)

The only unique use case I have is that I listen to my FLAC audio files through ALSA directly so the sample rate matches, but other than that, I just use Pulse. So I am not really aware of what an Audio power user might have issues with.
The Sound Blaster Z has a hardware equalizer and sound effects though, so I don't have to worry about stuff like that.

did you try right clicking?

You can either build it from source or get it from the windows store, and you know how much the people here love to hate on it. Either way, good software, only complaint I have is that the open and close animation looks a little unpolished.