/hpg/ - Headphones General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1570392.jpg (600x888, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1525584385808.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Auteurs soon

Attached: IMG_20180504_204340.jpg (936x1248, 115K)

>buying dynamics for over $1000

Attached: 1481733671965.jpg (656x1024, 152K)

>tfw getting new headphones tomorrow
I'm so excited I could explode

She's so mesmerised.

Adorable cat is adorable.

Amir of Audio Science Review on the Schiit Fulla 2:
>"The most glaring problem with it is the horrible hand soldering job of through hole components, creating potential for shorts. This is like a restaurant that doesn't use soap to wash its dishes. You may not get sick from eating there but it sure is wrong. This is something you do not see even from low cost manufacturer."

This has been your daily reminder to never purchase Schiit products.

Attached: 1522711031701.jpg (600x380, 36K)

Can cats listen to headphones?

Attached: 1490644304932.jpg (604x516, 126K)

Cats prefer neutral to v-shaped. They also show a clear preference for open headphones.
One of our regular posters is a cat, and likes to take selfies of himself sleeping next to headphones.
Nice try, Amir.

>t. Schiit schill

>Nice try, Amir.
t. SBAF cultist

Attached: 091ad14966.png (1094x377, 61K)

Amir's very obvious on what he does.
>fake terrible measurements
>fake good reviews of irrelevant products like the SYS (look ma! I'm fair!)
>open schiit devices, apply soldering iron until it looks terrible, take pic

back to your little audio cult you go, butthurt faggot

Attached: 1519995557356.png (586x566, 313K)

lol

Amir must be getting really desperate, to be shitposting his slander in Jow Forums of all places.

Sennheiser mother fucker!
ASR is amazing. The headphone discord ended up making a second general who only people that disagree with everything amir has posted are allowed access to, a rekt by Amir support group basically.

Attached: 8fbb5589e36edcb7d63cf58fef8e74d6.jpg (1572x1181, 1.23M)

Doesn't Amir recommend RME over Topping?

being an audiophile = autism and waste of moneys

My setup is shit and I'm afraid of the financial commitment of upgrading it.

>discord

Attached: 1512748069568.jpg (971x565, 141K)

He found it performs better which is to be expected for something that price.
You should interpret his results on your own. I think the Topping D10 is the best thing to get at the moment.
>dac whisperer support group

Amir's tempting fate.
He might get 'disappeared' like that northwest audio dude.

Sup senpai, I'm thinking on buying some headphones to use in my pc. This are the requirements
>Bluetooth
>Over ear for that comfy fit
>Has to be comfy, as uncomfortable ones give me headaches
>Good sound overall. I'm no audiophile so I won't plan on the best sound of all times
So far I tried the Sony MDR-10RBT and good lord they were the comfiest I've ever tried on.
Any other good recomendations that fit my criteria? Also they don't have to smash me dry like some beats or some other shit

Attached: mAAmyCs.jpg (540x534, 28K)

what a god

>To use with my pc, indoors, comfy, good sound
>Bluetooth
Pick either.

Mostly to get rid of cables, as I said, so long as they sound better than this I'm all set

Attached: PH-850B-China-factory-cheapest-headphones-and.jpg_350x350.jpg (350x350, 35K)

>Bluetooth
pick none

>t. Schiit schill

>sacrificing sound, comfort, low latency and money just to get rid of a cable

Attached: 1507503859181.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

user, do you feel that Topping selling cheap high performance DACs is tearing the audio community apart?
These ex super best audio friends do

Attached: exbestfriends.png (2268x832, 374K)

Didn't the discord break away from leddit because they weren't accepting of the DAC mythology constantly perpetuated on the discord?

Audiophools are some of the dumbest people on the planet I swear

>wanna into vintage cans
>afraid that some weird delicate interior part like those old paperish driver membranes might've degraded over the years and will either make for a disorted sound or will flat out fail

Attached: 1522596289739.jpg (750x737, 99K)

She's stunning, I'd lick her feet so bad.

>vintage
Does 20yr count as "vintage"?
>hd600

But before that, maybe try purchasing the more reliable and driver matched HD 580/580 Jubilee

I'd say 20-25 years is about the entry point. Not sure if continually produced models ordered new off Amazon last week count though, kinda defeating the point.

>7341
>cheap is bad
buypigs

no one has been helpful in the previous thread. please anons help me find a good headphone:
>minimal sound leak
>portable
>balanced , not too bright or too dark
>200 Euros budget
onigai!

They don't. Headphones change through revisions

I already own HD 560 Ovation II that I have to go about restoring one way or another. Replacement pads and replacement wires are still available, but the headband is look pretty bad and I'm not sure how it's fixated and whether you can exchange it in some way. One quiet day I'll sit down with them and take them apart and see what's what.

Attached: subjective.png (557x525, 57K)

Wonderful. You have to show more.
Are they really ex-SBAF?

stax

Based

Still looking for in-ears?

ATH-LS200i maybe? Should be around 200 euro unless it's one of those things thats crazy overpriced in europe

Soundmagic e80 or as much Etymotic as your Euro can buy.

post your setup

Attached: AauNxrf.jpg (700x483, 28K)

over-ears or in ears are ok
these look pretty neat, thank you kind user

Also good suggestions although double the price of the above. How do these compare?

it's funny because you won't post that setup. why won't you post your setup? because you know your opinion is among a huge minority here at /hpg/ and if you ever did you would be bullied out. let's see it. become the most hated user here.

Attached: 1522159642615.jpg (1000x559, 52K)

Pls no bulli.

Attached: 1510847218094.jpg (640x410, 75K)

of course i'm going to bulli a coward who bullies amir while hiding behind anonymous shitposts and no evidence. le epic post :DDDD

which ones?

Anons, help me find an upgrade similar to my ATH-M40X. I also have some Alessandro MS-1 AND Sennheiser HD598, but the ATH-40X with brainwavz pads sound the best to me. My budget is 500 eurobucks, I usually listen to eurobeat/vaporwave/future funk. Thanks lads.

I hope some of these people who hate amir's reviews so much just start doing their own measurements. If I disagreed with him that would be the way I'd try to refute them. People can question his findings all they want but until someone posts something contradictory to his measurements it means nothing.
$500 is quite the step up. How about an x00 ebony?

This is probably a newfag question, but are there any headphones better at blocking out noise than bose quietcomfort 35? Should I just get gun range ear
muffs and put them over some earbuds?

Attached: tumblr_of7xx4VqV31tj5vcgo2_1280.png (1280x945, 1.33M)

Please recommend me a good pair of buds for smart phone/tablet listening with good bass. I need it for convenience for certain occasions, my regular setup involves entirely different items so please spare me the preach.

Echobox Traveler

>le epic post :DDDD
Redditor, you need to go back.

Could be a good idea. I also need a dac/amp, is the NFB 11.28 worth it?

There are better but they're way more expensive
The best are some akg for aviators and such

Topping D10/D30 + Magni 3.

Dt1990

Suits Schiit schills very well

You know this is the retard that tried to fear monger people into thinking the caps on schiit products were going to fail/already failing right?

Attached: stop.png (1707x1434, 982K)

Tubes get hotter than 105C my dude.

Use more than 2 brain cells.

Nice damage control

You have no idea how capacitors are rated or basic understanding of thermodynamics.

Wow amazing argument
Sure proved me wrong there

No I gave you two things to go read about if you want a better understanding of the conversation you're attempting to have.

Regardless if those caps are 105c rated, it's a retarded design decision to let capacitors face more heat than they have to.

You mean you gave me excuses because I dismantled your schiilling with half a line of text.

Ya fuck the designer who had the competency to put high temp rated caps in an area that gets hot! What an absolute moron!!!
Oh the gen z argument. Keep shouting till you win. Have fun.

>gen z
I don't get what bringing up Schiit's userbase has anything to do with this.

Finally, Amir is getting exposed.
It's gonna be after all.

Going with these, bless you user

This
Why not correct Amir and see what he replies with?

Attached: Schiit.png (716x19, 4K)

Great way to twist my words, I never said the design was retarded because there was high temp caps, I said the design was retarded because while there is high temp caps its still better to keep them away from high heat sources. It wouldn't have killed schiit to move those caps away from those tubes

Kek. This whole post is speculation

Schiit shills are getting extremely desperate.

Speculation, but doesn't seem far off.

So speculation?

Have you ever opened up a Schiit product before?

>Speculation, but not "life is a simulation"-tier speculation
Bravo!

I was mocking redditors you newfag

It's kinda suspicious when this guy and only this guy's reviews are so negative.
When other people measure the shiit, it comes out alright. If the soldering job was bad, you'd think somebody else would have noticed by now.
This guy has an obvious agenda.

You're simply wrong on that.

head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/

Woah mama, take your speculation over to /x/, speculation-boy

He has an open offer that no one seems to want to take. Gen z user claims he can hear the difference his benchmark dac makes. Amir is offering a $1000 reward. He should take up the challenge and vindicate all dac audiophiles.

Attached: 7482c88c7669fbd2da9778fd6c3ee0cd01250a50_hq.jpg (540x540, 41K)

Attached: 46471479_p0.png (800x1129, 576K)

It's perfectly alright paranoia. Are you trying to hide something?
Ahri a cute. A cute!!
>$1000
Seems like a lot of effort for such shiity amount.
Better take the amp challenge instead, there's more money there.

>paranoia
Well no, not really. It's more of a denial of reality and truth.

You sure put a lot of effort on trying to shut down conversation that's potentially inconvenient for a certain Amir.

Am I? I haven't seen a single ounce of evidence from your side

Not really, I just provided evidence that you were wrong.

>It's perfectly alright paranoia.
Maybe if you primarily browse /x/