/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
phonearena.com/news

Last

Attached: sony-xperia-xz2-compact.jpg (1600x1200, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAkkKjds00o
gsmarena.com/benchmark-test.php3
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1195680.html
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nBatCapacityMin=4000
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is it safe to install lineage 15 on my samsung s5? or just install 14.1 for now until official 15 download available

I would never update on such an old phone. I would just sit on marshmallow, at least that didn't lag for me

Just got my OG Mi Mix lads.

Reminder that google is having a press conference and unveiling new shit in about 2 hours.

Is it really a good idea to buy a cheap Xiaomi phone?

I thought it was over?

Oh never mind it is. I could have sworn a earlier thread said 6PM EST.

How are the new android interfaces? i heard oxygen is pretty close to the ios interface

Has anyone tried the Android P beta?

Attached: stare cat question.png (382x417, 242K)

if you are not in US then why not

Redmi Note 5(not pajeet version) seems great

Anyone running Lineage on a Redmeme 5 Plus? Any issues?

S7 or v20?

>be using LG G3 for four years
>hear about bootloop/brick issue
>never happens to me
>order new phone today
>2 hours later, bootloop/brick
welp

youtube.com/watch?v=GAkkKjds00o

you cheated on it, you're the only one to blame

>girl with one hand
>no prosthetic
Why do people do this?

Must be a hassle to type with one hand

Do the benchmark results on gsmarena here gsmarena.com/benchmark-test.php3 mean much? Going by them I should by a Mi 6 or a Moto Z2.

What phone?

Is Meizu a reliable brand?

Attached: meizu-15.jpg (588x650, 31K)

Probably uncomfortable

s6, I'm cheap and not /spg/

>Mix 2S released one month ago on Oreo
>has Android P
I thought Chinese phones had bad software support

Go away faggots and let pass the king of 2018, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Attached: thumb_126161_default_big.png (960x1042, 676K)

>2k18
>no NFC
it's a no from me senpai

Why you need nfc?

>King of 2018

The Galaxy Note 9 hasn't released yet

Why does it have to be so big ?!
Also micro usb :/

>He fell for the expensive shitty phones

Attached: 20c85914870d4be8065b0df6430bf5f8.jpg (730x1106, 131K)

Help
I need a phone compatible with 4g T-Mobile that is under 300 (max 350 with accessories) I only get paid 400 every 2 weeks, new job, first check comes friday.

My phone just bricked and I just sent an email to my supervisor, they're expecting me to get a new phone soon.

Something cheap like a MotoE/G sounds like a good idea with that low budget

Because media is better in big screens (Iphones gonna be huge this year)

Micro usb is the only shit in that phone.

But for ~200 trumps, you dont have any better phone.

>microusb
lol

stay poor

A5 yes or no?

Moto G5 Plus or G6

no

>Pay overpriced shitty phones for facebook and instagram

Attached: Murican average.jpg (800x800, 66K)

From what I hear tons of people do video editing/production for TV on phones now, Galaxy Note is by far the best option for that

>> tons of people do video editing/production for TV
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why no? I was looking for a phone south of $300 that had IP certification and had alright specs.

lmao

Help brehs

Do I get a Nokia 6 (2018) for £229 or a Mi Mix 2 for £40 more? In UK if you can't tell.

Is 3GB RAM as bad as everyone says?

Attached: Progression_Louis_Wain_IllustrationChronicles_1500.jpg (1500x981, 949K)

>people do video editing/production for TV

wut? gtfo samsung shilling

Show me a better phone for $200

mi mix 2 will perform much better
like 2x better cpu/gpu

Is the S7 still a good buy?

>Is 3GB RAM as bad as everyone says?
For now, it's enough, but who knows if that would still be the case in 2 years

>Do I get a Nokia 6 (2018) for £229 or a Mi Mix 2 for £40 more?
I'd go for the Mi Mix 2 with its SD835 at that price, even if it's kind hard to decide if software updates are more important than hardware.

Depends on the price
But yes it's still a great phone

Disgusting.

Attached: 1520261883224.jpg (400x400, 110K)

Start buying Sony phones.

Attached: Chadwarden2.png (301x307, 157K)

>Poorfag
>Dont want the maximun Cost/Perfomance rate like any capitalist pig in any company

You failed economics 101 fatty samsung boy

And that means buying a shitty budget chink phone?

Attached: 1301466770431.png (377x378, 40K)

She didn't specify which phone he would buy, just that it's not the one the other user posted.
Stay upset.

Seems you're the one that's upset here sweetie

Shitty? RMN5 is a great phone tho

I'm steaming!

If you're on a budget I guess

>No headphone jack

No thanks.

nah it of course means iPhone X

Get it if you don't mind camera being mediocre and possibly producing yellow spots on your photos, oleophobic coating possibly wearing off around speaker and fingerprint scanner, fingerprint scanner being unresponsive, wi-fi loosing network connection and reconnecting.

Don't like apple products myself but a pixel/sony flagship are also good options unless you're a poor boy.

I bought the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML to try Windows on with KVM and it's pretty nice with 4GB of RAM but I recently came across the Leagoo T5c which is really cheap: gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1195680.html

Will I ever be able to get the kernel source for this model from this company? It's amazingly cheap for a device with an 8 core Intel x86 processor but only 3GB of RAM? I definitely would like a KVM enabled kernel for this phone so I can spin up VMs but if not WINE for Android and Linux chroot may be enough.

You can also buy the Asus Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML with 128GB of ram on eBay for only like $150 now.

RMN5 is the Phone for the range of ~$200 but without NFC and no usb-c.

$100 more and you have all the shitty overpriced phones like A8 and P20lite (P20 Pro is the real deal but is more expensive)

Attached: 25cf80918e83a60b4b009549bc555d52c2298d0a_full.jpg (184x184, 8K)

I love how people talk like this website isn't full of noband burgers that will never get the meme

Are you the same guy who asks this same question in every thread?

Doesn't mean much, there isn't much noticeable difference between a phone that scores 4400 and one that scores 3400. There's much more important things to consider than synthetic benchmark scores when choosing a phone.

Nokia 6.1

Those chink phones are better in perfomance and money than yours expensive meme shitsung/apple/sony/lg

I'm being offered a used Freetel Samurai Kiwami 2, the price is reasonable, but I can't really find information about the phone. Does anyone know about it?

I was using a 32gb micro sd as adopted storage and it died after just 5 months. Now I got a 64gb to replace it, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Did adopted kill my old one or was I just unlucky? My phone only has 16gb internal, and portable is pretty much useless on android 7...

I guess you proved me wrong pulling that fact out of your ass

new lenovo zuk from their weibo

Attached: 88c38eb0ly1fr3z7t1cqsj21nu2sgqaf.jpg (2154x3616, 302K)

Looking for a new phone

>country
USA

>carrier
T-mobile

>Budget
$400-500

>Features
Long battery life
Nice screen
Good camera
Fingerprint sensor or double tap to wake
No phablets

Attached: 756xUni.jpg (750x733, 65K)

A little bezel is fine actually.

XZ1 Compact or Nokia 8

Yikes

Attached: Android P.gif (300x600, 1.68M)

i have the xz1 compact USA version and it doesnt have fingerprint sensor so im returning it

Anyone here waiting for the iPhone SE2? I'm a full blown Apple faggot and upgraded from my iPhone 5S to an iPhone X recently but it's a little too large for my liking and also way too expensive. Buyers remorse is real.

Literally the only reason I haven't already picked up the XZ2 Compact.

Is this bait?

>country

US

>Carrier

doesnt matter

>Budget

0-200 dollars

>features

needs to support VR, have a gyroscope

I'm starting an educational VR business where I get hired by schools to come into classrooms and have the students use Google Expeditions to look at some videos/images with info on them to reinforce the lessons they have in class. I need a cheap phone that is able to run this sort of "VR", any advice on the cheapest phone to get that will do the job?

>just have students use their own phones

cant, students arent allowed to bring their own phones to schools.

Attached: 36a46e55573ea3e458f2d1b03070d78f.jpg (700x868, 105K)

Guys, I need some help with apps. There are two things I need to know:

What's the best app for mapping and directions? I'm using one I found called "Offline Maps" and it can't even register my house's address properly and setting home is a pain in the ass.

Second app I need to know is good is a "private browser." One where I can just launch it, look up something, then nothing saves after it's closed. I tried firefox Klar, but it seems to be a bit fucky and the UI is too intrusive.

Attached: 1510127991450.jpg (393x391, 23K)

moto g5 plus

flash the global rom

>navigation
use Waze for real time traffic monitoring and maps and setting home and work easily.

>privacy browser
Firefox Focus is exactly what you want
Via browser is similar in the sense that you can make it private only and search on first view but you have to tweak it

I need to get Android P Beta... I have Xperia XZ1 and I am satisfied but I want to try Android P ASAP ... is the XZ2 worth it? (supported by AndroidP)

Or should I just get a Pixel?

These are the supported ones:

>Sony Xperia XZ2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Nokia 7 plus, Oppo R15 Pro, vivo X21, or Essential Phone.

>moto g5 plus

no good chink equivalents? I'm buying about 20 each, they dont need to work with US bands at all, all I need is wifi functionality and it being able to run VR

>Firefox Focus
Isn't that the purple one ? I installed that before and it was the exact same as Firefox Klar, but I got Klar on my newer phone because it had the same icon.

Why do people always recommend the G5 Plus and not G5S Plus?

Is it possible to install a custom recovery on an Android smartphone (Galaxy S4) without the need of a PC?

Attached: 240px-TWRP_2.7.0.0.png (240x427, 30K)

Because the G5 plus came first and the G5S plus had no significant differences to justify the upgrade. It was a blatant cash grab from Lenovo anyway.

>country & carrier : South East Asia, my carrier supports most chink shit
>current : galaxy note 7
>features wanted : roughly the same size/screen area, flagship performance, usb-c, nfc, large battery, mumbo jumbo
>budget : $600-800, i'm intending to get a note 9 but if i can get a good phone for otg media + games and a separate s-pen supported galaxy tablet for the same price total, i'd rather have 2 devices
Inputs anyone? Currently looking at RMN5P. The no NFC and USB-C is a dealbreaker tho, otherwise a very good phone.

*blocks your path*

Attached: zenfone max pro m1 .jpg (987x1200, 145K)

Help me find an Android phone. I need:
>3.5mm headphone jack (preferably on the bottom of the phone)
>no curved screen

>tfw still stuck with 3 year old Redmi because phonmakers refuse to include 4000+mAh batteries
I'm looking for an upgrade because screen brightness is awful, but can't see myself gimping battery life

Attached: 1498745742993.jpg (1533x961, 131K)

moto e4 plus
zenfone 3 zoom
huawei mate 9
leeco le pro 3

to name a few

do your research faggot. here comes the train

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nBatCapacityMin=4000

forgot link to spoonfeed you.

The G5S Plus has the same SoC and a worse camera while costing more.