Howdy Jow Forums

Howdy Jow Forums
I use Debian stable (I'm not elderly just yet) because of sane defaults, install once and update never, etc, but Qt suppport is meh. Is Arch any good?
Recommend me a new distro, Jow Forums, and your reasoning behind it.

Attached: 2018-05-08-200808_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 42K)

Manjaro
>Based on Arch
>Choose out of many different DEs and WMs
>Easy as fuck install
>Nice default customization
>Arch packages get tested before they enter the Manjaro repo, thus it's arch and more stable
I'm using it now, check it out on a liveUSB

>>pre-rice
where's the fun in that though

What QT tools do other distros have that you don't?

Just update to Debian Sid. It's more like Arch. Only difference I care about is the command to update the machine.
>sudo pacman -Syu
vs
>sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

KDE Neon

You can still rice Manjaro if you want, and it will be a nice rice that won't break easy.

>because of sane defaults, install once and update never
Arch is insane. They expect users to read the website and manually intervene with faulty updates.

>triggered arch landwhale neet
Debian's sane because the devs actually worry about upgrades breaking the users' machines. Debian serves a stable and long-lasting system while Arch just deploys a minimal, raw distribution. You're comparing apples to oranges, user.

Attached: compare-apples-oranges.png (640x388, 59K)

Arch is a bit tedious in comparison to most out of box distros. Honestly I would just upgrade to Debian Testing if you feel like the packages are too old. Debian Testing is still pretty stable since they take the working packages from Debian Unstable.

Fedora is quite good though, apart from Manjaro and it's vast config options.

Install Fedora. It's like Debian, but up to date.

Lubuntu because /comfy/ 256mb ram usage

If you want good defaults, Solus, hands down.

Windoes

Why /g doesn’t use Funtoo?

Attached: 144999CF-DAB8-491C-9135-35F3045AC017.jpg (300x127, 12K)

The name makes it sounds like a degenerate ripoff of Gentoo, even though it's maintained by the original developer. If they'd gone with an original name, it would probably be a lot more popular.

If you thought Debian was a good distro, then prepare for your dick to be blown away by Arch. You can do it all manually, or use the Arch-based distribution Anarchy Linux with a nice installer.

Because its even more obscure than Gentoo

Why don't you just go testing or unstable?

>Recommend me a new distro, Jow Forums
Debian Testing

>enables services before you configure them
>sane defaults

wrong
they expect you to RTFM