Do you ever listen to music while you program? what are some tips for learning to program?

do you ever listen to music while you program? what are some tips for learning to program?

Attached: 9145367548_72d0137fbf_z.jpg (500x333, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5W_wd9Qf0IE
youtube.com/watch?v=xTPn_Nk_KrM
youtube.com/watch?v=MW4fASDkQXA
youtube.com/watch?v=iOi9gjoylas
youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-M9pvQSyo
youtube.com/watch?v=HQt-R6Hkvtw
youtube.com/watch?v=VyjEE7T6hTw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i listen to norwegian black metal and nightcore

once in the flow, sure, but don't listen to music if you're trying to learn new things

Usually ambient soundtracks work best. Anything with a melody or words will throw you off.

>do you ever listen to music while you program?
no, music is a botnet

Theres a Google radio station on GPM called Ambiet Bass. It's all I listen to while programming. Upbeat enough to get you in a flow without being distracting.

Lately I listen to techno (be-at.tv sets etc.) and future funk.
To learn to program, you can just
1) Care about programming, resolve to program stuff
2) Read a lot about programming, try to constantly improve your mental models
3) Try to build some programs that do cool stuff
4) Be at least smartish

i listen to techno dub or deus ex soundtracks. I larp.

Yeah, pretty much anything goes from classic concerts to them weird Japanese remixes of European metal, as long as it either doesn't have lyrics or has lyrics in language I don't understand.

Oh and git gud.

Jim Guthrie, disasterpeace, and lifeformed

anime and video games music

Attached: anime_music.jpg (960x540, 47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5W_wd9Qf0IE

sometimes, usually something highly repetitive like minimalism. something like Reich or Adams. if it's more complicated music with a lot of variance in it, like, say, Brahms or Mahler, then it's a bit too distracting since i get into the writing of the music, and frankly it's a bit disrespectful of the composition itself to just use it as background music.

tl;dr use shitty, repetitive music that gets you going, but not complicated, good music. or if you're just some pleb that has no idea what makes music good or bad just keep listening to whatever like the drone you are :)

For work? usually no, maybe NPR or news. For leisure? future funk.
>what are some tips for learning to program?
idk

/thread

weeaboo
gaymerfag

I warch youtube while i program and listen to music when i am in a crunch but i usually save music time for the gym after work. Music gets old quick when you listen to it all day

WoW vanilla ambient/music tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=xTPn_Nk_KrM
youtube.com/watch?v=MW4fASDkQXA

Only when doing "menial" tasks, and since I have terrible musical taste it's either Paramore or Iron Maiden. If I need to focus on what I'm doing I turn the music off.

Attached: R-32662-1221896955.jpeg.jpg (300x300, 8K)

Autechre - NTS Sessions 1-4

Lofi Hip Hop beats on youtube, planning to rip every track from deezer in good quality.

When people desperately need to listen to music while they work, sometimes it means they don't really enjoy the work they're doing. Of course, sometimes it mean they're lonely, or are over-stimulated babbies afraid of their own thoughts.
Some people can listen to music while they work – von Neumann famously said he thought best in noisy environments – but most cannot. I actually happen to play, enjoy, and care about music, so whenever i I put it on I tend to focus on it and not the task at hand. Music is good for when doing menial chores, but not programming, especially during design, or especially not when learning to program (or learning anything).
Honestly quit being a uninterested babby and get to work. Give the task at hand your full mental backing. Don't half-ass it and you'll improve faster, and make better work. Although feel free to be inspired by music when you're not programming.

Personally, sometimes I'll put on something like NPR but turn it down low enough for it to be indecipherable. Or ambient music.
While it may be a sign of a nearing mental breakdown, sometimes I like listening to
youtube.com/watch?v=iOi9gjoylas

Attached: 1521707004998.jpg (640x632, 156K)

When I'm making little toy applications I like to listen to soma.fm. I unironically like their pop station.

I listen to hentai voice works

mongolian throat singing

I listen to SUDO, Dev/Null and Vim exclusively when I program.

no, i just think out loud by talking to myself instead if no one is around. music tends to distract me most of the time if im trying to solve something

Nigga vanilla had like 10 songs doesn't that get boring?

German hardcore. Only thing to listen to when coding

Attached: 1525833735995.jpg (981x981, 75K)

Ear cleaning asmr, makes me calm

Only true answer is synth

Prog house, IDM, ambient, synthwave, darkwave, basically anything without lyrics.

Go with Perturbator

This seems to be the norm

this on repeat
youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-M9pvQSyo

I find a handful of songs I really like, then I listen to them over and over again until I hate them. Then the process repeats.

Pretty much anything from 1900-80s: classic rock, stride, big band, cocktail jazz, blues, ragtime, new orleans, etc.

Need link or reference, pls

death metal

>what are some tips for learning to program?

shitpost on Jow Forums

Batzorig vaanchig.

It's not usually my type, but chillwave can be nice for getting into the zone.
Sometimes I do white noise in my glorious open office.

Jungle, ambient d&b, deep house, psytrance

I tend to hop a lot of stations on digitally imported. Their 2step, eurodance and ambient stations are great.

good taste OP

Holy shit dude. My childhood. Thanks for taking me back

Dat Elwynn never fails to bring out the feels. Even though I played horde.

I listen to pink floyd. I just get comfortable and well-focused while listening some of their masterpieces

GTFO

Hey, do you know how is called the genre of the "violin" part, seems like Vikings stuff, but I'm not sure. I've searched before but no luck in finding that kind of music.

lofi beats my dude

Attached: lofi_beats.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Sissy hypno with my plug and chastity cage on

trance, jazz, classical. you want stuff without vocals.

>play music "to listen to"
>work
>forget it's actually there

Japanese giant robot music

I Vouch for this

all the time. I have headphones on all day at work.

What do I listen to? Depends on my mood and how urgent the current project is. Currently listening to some good old City Pop youtube.com/watch?v=HQt-R6Hkvtw

Eva? I have like 3 eva albums lined up on MPD, good taste if so

Please extract your skull from your anus, you're frightening the kinderlach

youtube.com/watch?v=VyjEE7T6hTw

Also, for me, it’s solo piano concertos

not OP, but gonna check this out.

I once listened to "chicken in a raft" for six fucking hours straight while coding Java...

God that was a fucking mistake, Java I mean

(s)he listen to proprietary music

Attached: WYR1D93.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

It's not violin, the instrument is called morin khuur. As for genre, it's just traditional mongolian music, nothing to do with vikings. Morin khuur often accompanies long singing so you can check that out too.

Jim Guthrie is good haven't heard of others

tuvan throatsinging is better

death grips