Selling laptop to some computer store...

Selling laptop to some computer store, wanna wipe hard drive completely so files can't be retrieved but it's an SSD not HDD

What do?

Attached: DramaticQuestionMark.png (500x500, 4K)

>replace SSD with HDD
>sell laptop
>????
>profit

Please Jamal, return the laptop

It's a refurbished laptop from a local store that I'm returning, so no can do as they know me and will be selling it.

Any way to over write the free space? Already deleted and reinstalled OS etc but on the off-chance "offensive" or personal material could be retrieved that'd suck balls for obvious reasons

>Selling laptop to some computer store
They're going to give you just enough money for a few crack rocks.

I'm not "selling" it but trading it, its the same store I bought it from

ATA secure erase

Encrypt it

Will that work for SSDs or just HDDs?
The store will be selling the laptop, I can't encrypt it.

So? Unless it's not a pajeet tier store they should be wiping all disks and installing Windows themselves

trim operation , if your ssd is recent the controller should support the secure erase operation.

Could you change the partitioning scheme of the entire drive? Say, from ntfs or fat32 to ext4? Wouldn't that also irreversibly wipe all data on the drive?

Attached: 1525643619547.png (480x480, 200K)

>trim operation
It's a 2016 model, how do I go about carrying out the trim command?

Does CCleaner work on SSDs?

Darik's Boot And Nuke.

No one wants your personal anime collection

>Darik's Boot And Nuke
Wouldn't that wipe the OS too?

It's an SSD I'm wiping not a HDD and it's Win10

DBAN does have a routine good for flash media though.

Just zero fill it my man.
>Fresh windows install
>Open notepad
>000000...00000
>one txt file is the size of the hard drive
>Delete it

Then you're done.

It doesn't matter. You are selling it. Do you really give a shit about writing to each sector a few times before getting rid of it? If so, wtf is your problem?

Plug the ssd in other computer them use a low level format software, it will write zeroes in all bits so everything will be gone for ever.

just sell it to a fellow pedo

Doesn't TRIM permanently delete files? Why not use that?

>use a low level format software
such as?

Why are you all relying on 3rd party software to overwrite an SSD, if the SSD is TRIM enabled it will perma delete the files anyway...