Ada vs Rust

Which language do you like best for safe and secure programming? I think Ada is easier to read. What do you think anons?

Attached: MIL-STD-1815 vs Rust.png (693x584, 589K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spark-2014.org
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompCert
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L4_microkernel_family#High_assurance:_seL4
youtube.com/watch?v=NPEI8O96l5g
youtube.com/watch?v=QIrpi8_1P9g
spark-2014.org/entries/detail/misra-c-2012-vs-spark-2014-the-subset-matching-game
system-safety.org/Documents/NASA-GB-8719.13.pdf
muen.codelabs.ch/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

C because it has formal verification.

>I think Ada is easier to read
woah, I know it's a personal taste but claiming Ada is more readable is crossing the line

How so?

spark-2014.org
More profesional, no unemployed shills

This. Ironically the only real "safe" programming language is the same one Rustfags trash everyday: C.

The language is simple and consistent enough that you can use formal verification tools to not only catch memory leaks (MUH SAFETY[TM] Rust style) if you wanted to, but verify correct program execution. i.e. verify it does what you think it should do.

Once code is verified you never touch it again, it's like a piece of hardware at that point. Can't do it in Rust. There's some support for it in ADA though.

t. Gov contractor.

You're right, user.

What would tool would you recommend for C formal verification?

If you wanna go full autism, you don't only need a formal verification tool for your language, you also need a formally verified compiler as well:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompCert

And you will definitely want a formally verified OS:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L4_microkernel_family#High_assurance:_seL4

> If you need a "safe" language then you need a "safe" space
Sjws are the worst. Stop being a shitty programmer

>coming into an Ada thread and shilling C formal verification
Do you faggots even know what SPARK is?

>t. obvious larper

>t. pre-op trannie

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for ADA's formal tools. I acknowledged ADA has some support, I probably should have said it is supported. I'm just more familiar with C's very expansive library of formal tools.

>being this mad on getting caught out
If you did 30 seconds of research before your larp session, you would know Ada/SPARK is the language with a ton of formal verification support. Stuff like MISRA C can't even get close to the same level of guarantees.

>I have 30 seconds of knowledge on this subject
>The other guy is LARPing though

Attached: 1511821637723.jpg (720x720, 19K)

> youtube.com/watch?v=NPEI8O96l5g

Ada race condition detection demo

Reminder that Ada/SPARK sets the standard for high integrity software, and C is a miserable me-too hack.

Building High-Assurance Software without Breaking the Bank
youtube.com/watch?v=QIrpi8_1P9g
MISRA C 2012 vs SPARK 2014
spark-2014.org/entries/detail/misra-c-2012-vs-spark-2014-the-subset-matching-game
NASA Software Safety Guidebook
system-safety.org/Documents/NASA-GB-8719.13.pdf

>claiming Ada is more readable is crossing the line
Why? The OP is objectively correct for once. I understand you've damaged your brain with constant curly braces, but that's no reason to inflict it on everyone else.

>formally verified compiled like CompCert
Also noteworthy for being one of the few C compilers that can guarantee printf debugging to always work like you think it will. Other compilers allow undefined behaviour to potentially crash the program before execution even reaches the point corresponding to the bad source line. Yes, undefined behaviour can do that.
>formally verified OS
The seL4 kernel is a triumph of Isabelle/HOL/Haskell, with C being a mere implementation detail afterthought. On the other hand, Muen (see muen.codelabs.ch/) relies on SPARK 2014.

>ADA
This gives you away as having no clue what you're talking about. Ada is not an acronym. SPARK is, Ada isn't. You probably bought into a bunch of 80s FUD.

>Ada vs Rust
>white military men vs diversity cucked tranny sjws
The choice is clear.

>expecting Jow Forums to have any clue about writing reliable software

tried coding in rust. It is a pain in the ass. Never again.

>t. brainlet