Why the fuck are Linux distros dropping 32-bit isos? Are they retarded...

Why the fuck are Linux distros dropping 32-bit isos? Are they retarded? Don't they know on what hardware people install desktop linux?

Attached: ff0d00-32bit-512.png (512x512, 13K)

>How to alienate users 101

Written by Steve Jobs.

32bit is obsolete update your fucking hardware. This overly long backwards compatibility shit is why nothing works and is always broken.

Do you know how many bug reports are closed with a message like:
>we know this is fucking retarded but we can't fix it because we did it this retarded way 18 years ago and it would break backwards compatibility to change it now

Because there are only like 6 distros (Arch, Fedora, Debian, TinyCore, Gentoo, openPEPE) others are just are irrelevant/shitty spinoffs that change only de, init, etc.

I think it's exactly because they now.
If you need a system for your dinosaur PC just stick with Debian, they'll probably support it till the end of times.

The old isos are still available you fucking poorfag.

I didn't know cutting register size in half suddenly made developers incompetent and compilers more bug-prone.

>Why the fuck are Linux distros dropping 32-bit isos?
It's a hassle to maintain support for different architectures
>Don't they know on what hardware people install desktop linux?
They do, that's why they are dropping 32bit support, almost no one still uses such old hardware for anything serious.

They do know who is installing their OS, and that's why they're dropping 32 bit support, so they can focus on things that their users are using.

32 bit support is still in the kernel, just use a 32 bit distro, maybe you should think about things before pointing your finger and calling others retarded, retard.

>TinyCore
>relevant to anything

Aren't many ARM devices still 32 bit?

I assume this only applies to x86?

linux is for retarded people

Well, it is minimal and without this big binary blob which faggot devs are shoving now to almost every distro

duh

Yes, op is just mad that some distros (not Linux itself) are dropping support for his old x86 cpu.

>his old x86 cpu
Isn't half of Jow Forums using C2D Thinkpads?

bcos its obsolete
frankly if your desktop cant run 64bit os then do yourself a service a buy a better one for like 5$

Even the x200's cpu, the c2d p8600 (bear in mind that that's a 10 year old laptop) already supports 64bit instructions.

even my old msi ex600 with Core 2 Duo T5250 supports 64 bit os and thats not a powerful laptop at all

The X60 is old enough to have a 32 bit variant, altough rare.

What If I tell you that I have some P4 machines running?

>stick with Debian, they'll probably support it till the end of times.
they dropped 32bit powerpc for stretch, so probably more like another decade

Probably because more software is being compiled as 64-bit only. Of course, you're always welcome to try to compile the software in question on an 32-bit machine.

if your cpu is still 32 bit only, a $60 dollar smartphone will run circles around it. just fucking upgrade to a sandy bridge shitpad or something.

All Core2 CPUs are 64-bit. It's a 64-bit µArch

I never understood why Linux devs are so into bloat and using new hardware. It's not as if they get anything from the sale of new hardware like Microsoft or Apple do.

They do you collosal retard.

You do realize that many of the drivers are written by the vendors themselves, right? Intel has a shitload of drivers for their disks and network cards, as well as adding support for the crystal beach DMA engine and their NTB implementations.

Nvidia has contributed massively by extending the VFIO API with support for mediated device drivers (mdev), so you can now easily use their GRID/vGPU technology on Linux and pass through paravirtualized GPUs to VMs. IIRC, they've also contributed to nouveau, but I need to double check that so don't take it as a fact.

AMD has opensourced a bunch of their graphics drivers. Etc.

>not installing gentoo
here's your problem

Wait, so you're telling me that when I buy more RAM for a new version of a DE/Distro they get a cut? Wow! I never knew that.

What if I told you that even some P4s supported x64

600 series P4s for sure supported x64 unsure about the 500 and prior ones though.

Install gentoo

Linux is shifting to 64bit?

Holy cow!

I think only Company distros only which do that.
don't use company linux distros.
use community distros

>Do you know how many bug reports are closed with a message like:
>debian problems

>Don't they know on what hardware people install desktop linux?
How many people still run intel core (non duo) or older?

>32bit powerpc for stretch, so probably more like another decade
Oh no. Now I won't be able to install Debian on my Wii.

>using 32 bits
>2018
Found the poo in the loo

>lol gento is so cool you can compile everything yourself
>why are distros abandoning 32-bit systems? how do I pretend that I am so l33t on my 20 years old computer????

No, they're dropping support for old 32-bit processors, which Windows hasn't done yet.

Your wine still 32bit.

Attached: 1524221697052.jpg (1078x1078, 58K)

> Don't they know on what hardware people install desktop linux
Hardware that was released after 2006?

Any computer these days will be 64 bit by default unless you install 32 bit yourself

this

I do, the thing can't even run Mint with LXDE, I have 64bit Bunsen on it.

I really like this image.

> audibly laughed, good one

>>How to alienate users 101
>Written by Steve Jobs.

…and studied by Youtube…

Attached: [ikon] knapp_stopp.png (320x200, 3K)

I still use my T60p because 3GB of RAM and a T7600 are more than enough to handle basic tasks. But as you pointed out, even that has a 64 bit processor; I'm just using a 32-bit OS because that's what came installed on it when I first bought the computer 8 years ago. The only other thing I can think of that's more recent are some of the cheaper 32-bit Atom processors from ~2009-2011.

>hello, my name is Wayne Kerr, I am a shitty troll

Void Linux supports 32bit (onlyglibc version, I think).