How many Jow Forumsentoo actually type the proper way?

How many Jow Forumsentoo actually type the proper way?
I've started typing like pic related and so far am still a couple WPM below my previous typing (40-50, and I seemed to faster when I only used my left hand). How long does it take to git good?

Attached: type.png (602x363, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15663757
typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I finger peck at 70 wpm and you can't stop me

strawpoll.me/15663757

We need to cull the sub-100 WPM weaklings.

I generally use six fingers and my WPM is roughly 80-90 last I checked. To be honest, typing speed doesn't really matter.

Of course I type correctly. I never actually use the right shift key though unless I have to type A, Z, or Q.

>when you home row is wasd

I've been trying to retrain my hands to type propperely but undoing 15 or so years of shitty habbits is difficult.

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
From the previous thread.

>touch-typing on an XPS 13 and this is the best I could do
I usually type slowly since I think about word choice as I go, but damn. I never realized how shit this keyboard was.

Attached: file.png (1159x264, 32K)

Last time I checked about a year ago I was around 90-100.

Attached: blazeitfaggot.png (1920x1080, 128K)

What is the "proper way"?

I don't see any reason for anyone to have a speed higher than 60 wpm because that's the highest speed that you can have to properly think through the whole sentence.
I peak out at around 45 wpm and feel perfectly comfortable.

I peak at 90wpm using basically just my middle finger for the right side and the 3 middle fingers on my left.

Touch-typing

brainlet

English is not my mother tongue, so it does take me more time to come up with what I want to say, so fuck off.
Having 4 different layouts for different languages that are constantly in use is quite annoying.

>I peak at 90wpm using basically just my middle finger for the right side and the 3 middle fingers on my left.
W-what?

b-but user
the way you type does not really affect your writing speed
perhaps marginally but nothing conretic

learned on Mavis Beacon, can't type any other way, feels weird. But cheat on the right key, because of habit of hitting .

I learned typing properly 6 years ago while also learning to use vim for added difficulty. I'm 100x more comfy when programming now.

>3 middle fingers on my left

Attached: worry.jpg (3072x3118, 1.52M)

I use primarily my pointer and middle fingers. I should probably sit down and learn properly at somepoint

I don't know if I do it "the right way", but I touch type and have like 120 wpm, it's fast enough for me.

thanks, unlike OP you are not a faggot

~70-80 wpm using first two fingers on both hands.
I can only do it on keyboard I'm used to.
I can't imagine using pinky fingers, mine isuncoordinated.

69 WPM using only my index fingers aka typing like a complete pleb and in English which isn't my native language and I don't even talk it fluently.
Whats the point of this by the way, do you guys really go full speed when coding? I'm a complete outsider, only do some basic ricing in CSS but I cant imagine someone being able to code at 90 WPM or so.

Actually I am OP

At work, some times, i use only one finger to piss off my coworkers.

One month was enough for me (from similar WPM). I used the gtypist Linux package for learning, it's extremely great.

"touch typing" is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen. I don't use pinkies for letters, but for modifiers exclusively (with the exception of the apostrophe key), and my fingers don't have rigid zones for keys they're dedicated to.
Even holding my hands on the "proper" home row is pretty uncomfortable, and it makes no sense considering anatomy of the human hand, where fingers aren't of the same length.
I think it's better to just develop a personal style, especially one that's flexible, where hands can adjust to type a bit faster with certain letter patterns, and is comfortable.

JustGaymenThings XD

Attached: 1524254509991.jpg (230x219, 9K)

i type with my two index fingers mainly and sometimes my middle fingers. i type really autistically but i still type pretty fast.

Attached: Screenshot_20180509_225244.png (621x139, 13K)

I type propperly, but can only manage to get 75~ WPM. Haven't checked in a while though.

I type properly, the only key I do wrong is the 6. I don't know why, every fucking time I use my left fucking hand for the 6. Fucking piece of shit cancer how do I fix my godawful aids infected behavior????

tfw 100wpm finger pecking

>typing "the proper way"
>not using Dvorak

i type using my left index finger and right forefinger or whatever you call it.

I'm at 46 wpm, which is pretty average.

I only use ring, middle, and index on left and index and middle on right.

So many wasted fingers...

Attached: typing.png (860x929, 133K)