Are VPNs secure? like how tf do you know they're not leaking our information?

Are VPNs secure? like how tf do you know they're not leaking our information?

Attached: betternet-freevpn-opt.png (350x350, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>If it's free you are the product

Even if you pay up, i assume they leak anyway so why not pay up with your data

You make your own, brainlet.

You don't know, you just have to trust them :^)

no they arent lmao. they will share every single log of your activity to law enforcements if they get asked to, every single one of them. so since they gonna give your shit to fbi whats the point even using it, to hide from who??

This. You basically pay them to mask your real ip and everything yet they will just give your shit away to anyone law related incident so whats even the fucking point??

ProtonVPN is Swiss so you have a decent chance there since they already have the mentality of hiding shit from other authorities for their own gain.

Wel I dob't neef tot hide from the FBI, but I do like it that sites have difficulties tracking me, being amongst hundreds using the same IP and my ISP having nothing on me when I torrent stuff.

use ethernet in a coffee shop - just try it ask for the direction to the router if they refuse leave screaming this is a bad service and leave 1 start yelp

How is ethernet in a coffeeshop more secure than WiFi in a coffeeshop?

man in the middle attack

this

Being swiss, I can ensure you they'll cave just as easily once the local law enforcement comes knocking on the door.

>my ISP having nothing on me when I torrent stuff.
Just get a seedbox?

You don't which is why you don't use a VPN when accessing bank info online.

A question I suspect I already know the answer to: are any of the VPN add-ons for Firefox worth looking into?

Imagine being this fucking stupid.
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

I'm also tired of seeing this thread every fucking day. I'f you're too stupid to understand how a VPN works, fuck off.

Are you kidding? You're still connecting to the same network. If someone could mitm you on WiFi, they can just as easily mitm you if you connect to the same AP with a cable.

The only protection extra you're getting is from networks that try to spoof the WiFi.

you would need to compromise the router first and that is not as easy as spoofing the signal from wlan and cucking you harder than you can tell

Perfect privacy vpn now fuck off you idiots and learn how to use google for review holy fucking weaboooeeeeess kys

This doesn't improve security, as the vps provider just mines your data then.

Trust, although, I think you could trust them, as if you got arrested for something the agency who arrested you would need to display the logs as evidence which would in turn put the company out of business.
So trust:
>thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

see .
If a company stipulated that it didn't keep X log and X log then showed up in court, Y company would go out of business for lying to customers.

>Doing banking online.
>Security concious.
If you were really cyberpunk, you'd keep it under your mattress.

>Comprising a router is hard.
It really isn't, just look for a place with a WPS set top box, like Sky.
You'll be in to the router in a matter of seconds.

I use Lineup, besides from them being Antifa scum, am I safe?

*Riseup. Sorry for being phoneposting faggot >.

What is their policy on logging and what encryption standards do they use?