My employer wants me to learn AWS. Should I?

My employer wants me to learn AWS. Should I?

Attached: D2SI_Blog_Image_Logo_AWS.jpg (720x365, 12K)

Learn it? What courses are they offering?

Nah, you should tell your employer to go fuck him or her self.

None at the moment, first I have to show that I can learn by myself if I want a position as a programmer, then be trained.

So whats your job? Like ofc you can learn it on your oen but whats the incentive if you could just use your current skillset elsewhere

>learn it

but it's literally just a provider of hosting and services

you can learn bits of it but it's highly unlikely you can ever learn *ALL* of it.
I've only really used EC2 (which is just stopping/starting VPS services) on the job.
There's so much documentation that there isn't really a need to... learn it I guess

>AWS
>programmer

you wot m8

Not to mention say "learn AWS" makes no sense, since it's a group of a hundred different servics

Amazon is botnet.

This. The only things you need to "learn" are the quirks with particular services. AWS is just hosting. You may as well have been told to go and learn how Networking works.

Your boss doesn't know what he's talking about. Tell him you "learned" it then wing that shit after you got the job.

Should I learn Apple?

Yes but remember it's the highest paid cert on average 125k a year so get some expirence then look for a higher paying job

Get the 4 basic certs or go for all 6 and you'll be making as much as the highest paying cybersecurity cert. Especially with expirence. You're lucky take advantage of it and try to learn on their dime. They're way easier than Cisco certs

What doesn't make sense to you, autist?

Being able to string some of those together to make an application. Architecture.

Dude, aws is HUGE.
You don't just "learn" aws, this would take a long time.

You see, aws has dozens of differnt services. They are great and play together greatly, but each one is a completely differnt beast.

he's telling you you're about to be laid off OP.

screencap this so when i'm right you can feel bad knowing you didnt have to be homeless and could've prepared for harsher times.

Attached: 1520352089222.png (601x500, 28K)

That's sexual harassment. Report him to HR. Do you know what "AWS" really means?

A walking sextoy

Yes, it's easy.

Depends. Do you want to keep your job?

no, it's really better to not know and also to be unemployed

>being retarded

you can learn the major parts of it which are using their hosting API and their elastic infrastructure.

this.

Yes, you should.
You can start with AWS Lambda, then take a look on Cognito, API Gateway and finally Serverless framework.

worse when job description asks for aws '''knowledge)))