Batteries are technology

>buy loads of these
>buy GP's own charger
>use them once or twice
>put in charger again
>charger gives error light and battery is dead
>this keeps happening until all of them are dead

Where do I find actually decent batteries?

Attached: gp-aa-rechargeable-ni-mh-batteries-2700-mah-card-of-4--54-p.jpg (950x950, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo_hv-8bHI
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-rechargeable-batteries/
vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2018/05/08/aa-batterijen-van-ikea-en-kruidvat-kloppen-duracell/
youtube.com/watch?v=QytRqV8kOBc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's this thing called the interweb or something, you can look there.
Anyway, eneloop, amazon basics and Duracell are good brands. If you want cheap chink shit Trustfire has never given me trouble and nitecore chargers are pretty good.

Where do you buy trustfire without the risk of getting fake shit?

isnt duracell one of the worst, with the best advertisements

I believe IKEA has some in-house brand that are really just rebranded eneloops but significantly cheaper

buy a cheap shitty $6 charger that gives 0 fucks and charges them until you unplug it. I "saved" a bunch of batteries at work with one when the $40 intelligent charger marked them as bad.

>charges them until you unplug it
No thanks.

It is nimh, as long as your voltage is 1.4 and current under 100 mA you are good to go.
They shit itself because they werent used properly

Bought 4 900mah aaa from aliexpress, from the most reputable seller I could find. They're heavy and last quite a while.
They're better than my sony ones, but I'm not sure if the sonys aren't fake
Nice, I'll be trying them if I need another set

>Nice, I'll be trying them if I need another set
It seems it's the white Ladda batteries
youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo_hv-8bHI

>they werent used properly
Fuck off. How?
The charger kills the battery when it gives the error so it literally can't be used.

Buy sony cells and a recharger. Never had problems with tgem same for elgin

Amazon's rechargeable batteries are rebranded Eneloops for cheap

buy a cheap hobby grade r/c toy charger and play with the charge amps, bonus for fast charging, multi batt chemistry uses, pretty neat tech, if you can solder your own harnesses and trays, you can check actual Mah and capacity totals too

Attached: lacgns.jpg (1417x1160, 130K)

Don't buy IKEA batteries. The non-rechargable ones they're peddling are shit-tier. I've gotten better performance from old zinc-carbon batteries than their alkalines. I've used dozens of their CR2032 batteries and I'd still keep using them if it wasn't the fact a single Energizer battery of the same type outlasts 4 of IKEA's.
I've limited experience with their rechargables, maybe they're good, but my expereince with all the other batteries they have in stock is really bad and it's a waste of money unless all you want batteries for is powering a wall clock.

I mean 10 batteries for a $1, all they're meant for is wall clocks and TV remotes

Try plugging into a different socket and make sure it's the only thing connected.
Make sure to monitor temperatures and not let batteries fully discharge.

Lol I've used two pairs of aaa's for 9 years now and only a few months ago one pair crapped out.
GP is a good brand,your nigger powergrid just sucks.

Attached: nimh-1-2v-1000mah-aaa-gp-01-cs0.jpg (427x250, 29K)

Those are different sku's you nigger

Panasonic (ex Sanyo) makes by far the best batteries either for themselves (under the eneloop brand) or for other brands. They literally have no real competition. Try to find Panasonic-made (not necessarily branded) batteries from their Japanese factories, not their Chinese factories which are one-generation behind on purpose to avoid IP theft. Most Amazon basics are made by Panasonic and are the best priced Panasonic-made batteries. The issue is that their is no way to ensure you get the Japanese-made ones when ordering.

If money isn't an issue by Eneloop pro+ branded Panasonic batteries.

Attached: eneloop-hr-mqn10a4n-chr-4aa-2.jpg (1200x900, 105K)

That shit moved to china did it not?

There has been rumors about it for years yet you can still buy made in Japan Eneloop.

Is the amazon eneloop cheaper than the ikea ladda?

I got this Fluke 8000A meter since it was broken and I figured I'd try my hand at repairing it.

It's a portable unit so it has 4 1.2V rechargable D-cell NiCd batteries in it. The batteries have 11/91 written on them so I'm guessing they're old. There's a tiny bit of corrosion of the battery contact but not visible leakage elsewhere, I don't know if NiCds leak or not.

The unit also has a lamp in which the filament has broken. I'm guessing it regulates the charging of the cells because of its positive tempco.

Anyway the unit powers on and but gives erroneous readings regardless of the range you have it set to or whatever you're feeding into the inputs and the rail voltages are not where they should be. On top of that the main input transformer is whining suggesting it's under high load and the 22 ohm resistor in the power supply is getting really hot. I'm wondering if the lamp and batteries are essential for this circuit in order for it to function properly? I figured leaving them broken would be fine since I was powering off mains but am I wrong? Will finding a replacement lamp (not sure what lamp, (only info I have to go on is 2W and it's low voltage but idk what voltage, there's no part # in the list of replaceable parts) and batteries work? Can I recharge the old batteries or should I get new rechargable D-cell NiCd's if such a thing is even still on the market?

Should I just rip out the whole thing whack a 7805 in there and hope it works?

Attached: Fluke 8000A.png (1074x518, 111K)

Here's the unit interior for reference.

Attached: IMG_20180509_135749.jpg (3024x4032, 2.66M)

Master Race

Attached: 5676DFC6-2E46-407F-8563-97E4CEF95D3F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

Chinese GP's are just as good lmao

>(((rechargeable))) battery

What are you even implying?

When you don't like something you tell everyone on Jow Forums it was made by jews or the ebil sjw attack dogs who obey the jews.
The reason it's done is so more people agree with you and you feel validated on a Taiwanese fish market.

:^)

Every time I go to Ikea I get a couple of packets of those batteries, some light bulbs, a handful of pencils, a coffee at the cafe, and the cup the coffee came in, all for free. I don't think I've ever actually been through the checkout at Ikea.

no, when you don't like something on Jow Forums you greentext

>rechargable battery

and then post le wide mouth excited soichild

Attached: 1517021410730.gif (413x243, 51K)

Get one of these. Thank me later.

Attached: maha_mh-c9000.jpg (396x396, 37K)

Bypassing wordfilters is against the rules, newfag meme spewing retard. Go back.

you mean you take the paper cup that the coffee came in? Or do they give you an actual cup? Are you stealing? legit curious

shut up triggered soycuck

Attached: 1524361927987.jpg (378x378, 28K)

buy Eneloops or Sony batteries. Buy the ones with slow discharge (last a year I guess).

fuck off, commie cuck

They give you an empty china? cup to fill yourself at the coffee machine. I have an Ikea family card so it's free on weekdays. Yes, I always take the cup home with me. I get all my cutlery from the Ikea cafe.

It's a fucking rechargeable battery, are you seriously going to skimp on the price? The point is that you save 100s assuming you buy a rechargeable set over disposables. Spend the extra $5 and stop buying the same thing over and over expecting something new

GP is not cheap and it didn't last for shit

not to sound to trashy, but I have had good luck with rayovac aa and aa, and tenergy 9v.

So the consensus is Eneloop stuff is the way to go? My headphones use a AA battery to drive the internal amp but even with the headphones not in use, it drains the battery quick. I see less than a month on an Energizer Lithium Ion based AA.

Would dropping $30 on a 4-pack of 2550mAh Eneloop Pro batteries + a charger be a good investment?

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-192924.jpg (768x1024, 249K)

>65865513
>not cheap because it costs a good bit
Cheap doesn't have to refer to just the monetary price. Like Monster brand crap, the price may be heavily inflated to imply quality.

The BQ-CC17 is a very good charger that uses smart termination (so it will safely charge even half-filled batteries without damaging them like cheap chargers that rely on a timer for termination), only issue is that it's a bit slow (7.5-8 hours to fill empty Eneloop Pros).

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo_hv-8bHI

Enloops are the same as the Ikea rechargable ones but costs a ton less.

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-rechargeable-batteries/

if it's not a quality battery bank all "rechargeable" batteries are straight up cuckoldry.

1 AA 2,500 mAh 1.2V = ~3 Whr
1 lipstick battery bank 3,300 mAh 3.7V = ~12 Whr

No, get bt headphones instead dipshit. Q12s are like $20

ikea rechargeables are re-branded eneloops

usually ebay, from sellers with good ratings
also, get one of those 30 dollar chargers that give a read out of the amp and volts and shit

not him, but i've done a similar thing. you don't need to keep it on the shit charger, 30-40 min, just enough to get the voltage enough to be recognised by a better charger which you then use to top it off. also if you just keep them over 30% charge or so you can avoid this altogether

ikea NiMh batteries are eneloops but 20% of the price

really makes you think

Attached: 1524665213337.jpg (576x596, 49K)

>he fell for the rechargeable meme

They literally only work out after fucking years and by then the batteries are due for changing or otherwise you're using 4 batteries a day in a camera or something

That charger with Eneloops is what I use.
God fucking tier.

Attached: suluknows.jpg (441x408, 16K)

You should head over to /ohm/ on diy, this is the consumer technology board.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody can offer any insight. I know Jow Forums is mostly consumer electronics but I'd figure somebody has some kind of EE knowledge.

The irony is that for non-rechargeables the Ikea ones are far superior. Duracell is just advertisment but no substance.

A few days ago, a consumer group over here has been comparing, and it has been double checke.

vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2018/05/08/aa-batterijen-van-ikea-en-kruidvat-kloppen-duracell/

>(((disposable)))

I have an energizer charger I got at wally world that charges energizer and a couple of rayovak batteries. Haven't had any problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=QytRqV8kOBc

Might be the Chinese made ones

both made in JA-PAN,

there is a video somewhere of a drain test, they are the same cells

Attached: 1511322999034.jpg (480x584, 41K)

Made in China.

Except it says "Made in Japan" on the back.

Attached: LADDA AA.jpg (870x1500, 405K)

China

EE student here. I'm doing a favor by telling you that the other user is right. /ohm/ is the place to be, Jow Forums is for retards only.

source?

He is just pretending to be retarded to get (you)s.

IDEA LADDAs
/Thread

First of all. Find lithium batteries first

All "Made in Japan" rechargeables are rebranded Eneloops. There's only one factory making them.

Rechargeable batteries suggestions:
- Ikea Ladda
- Hobbyking Turnigy (depends on quantities and shipping cost to your place)
- Amazon Basics or genuine current Eneloop (non-"Pro" variant)

Also Panasonic/LG/Sanyo LiPo whereever possible

Charger suggestions:
- LiitoKala Lii-500
- Opus BT-3100 v2.2

No. Eneloop Pro are too expensive.

If you really need 2550mAH with fast(er) discharge -which usually indicates using a Lithium rechargeable capable device would be a much better option anyhow- just get a batch of these if you can.

And most of the Eneloop chargers were actually okay as such, but you can get fancier / more versatile ones for that price.

Attached: 55554.jpg (565x414, 53K)

You can get rebranded Eneloop Pros from Ikea or Amazon for durst cheap. Read the thread

These are cheaper than Amazon's rebrand in much of the world. Ikea is also cheaper only if you got one close nearby.

And virtually anywhere they'll be a superior alternative to Eneloop Pro, at least from like 12 - 24 pieces up.

just buy a dildo that is powered from grid user
speaking of whitch, are there a adapters that resemble two batteries but are universal and can be put in various devices ?
i know that photo cameras have such adapters are there any universal ones ?

Resemble two batteries how exactly? Like a battery pack of 2 AAA batteries or something a bunch of appliances did have?

No, they're not universal.

> photo cameras have such adapters
Not even for photo cameras, no. Pretty all of the worthwhile ones long had their own LiPo cartridge batteries.

The most "universal" thing is a [Xiaomi?] Power bank that can often transfer power at a small loss to such cameras by means of the USB port - more than half of the photo cameras now can be powered by USB, I think.

They from China