I've trusted you, Jow Forums. Why did you recommend me this browser?

spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
I've trusted you, Jow Forums. Why did you recommend me this browser?

Attached: waterfox logo.png (128x128, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We didn't

So only use icecat or seamonkey? Because pale moon, brave, otter browser, vivaldi, and iridium browser is considered spyware by the website as well
spyware.neocities.org/articles/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html

if you don't go full libre then what's the point in even trying?

>Self updates are a spyware feature
>security is spyware

Attached: [baiting intensifies].gif (601x602, 79K)

>only use browser that (They) reccomend
it smells fishy can anyone confirm this shit ?
is this site hosted in israle ?

Waterfox is not a meme you get from Jow Forums, newfriend.

They don't consider iridium spyware.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html

Read

>automatically updates you to windows 10
psssh... nothin personell kid

It's some neckbeard shilling his own website and opinions

Only a handful of redditors are shilling this browser here.

Self updates are security risk you fucking idiot. They do not allow you to review changes. Creator can push anything. Anyone who manages to impersonate creator can push anything. Multiple exploit in update pushing systems through out history.

i guess i am one then, I only care about how does it look, and being able to use stylish helps, maybe i could switch back to ff 56 and remove pocket and all of that myself but it werks

spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html

kek

> use stylish
Yeah you're definitely one

Waterfox and Pale Moon are still the best compromises when Icecat is not an option. Go Iridium if you really want to, but most of the issues are things you can opt out of at any time. If I recall correctly, upon first booting either fork you get told you review your settings.
Stylish has been recommended by Jow Forums since before you arrived here, newfriend. It's even featured on the recommended list of Firefox addons in a few of the old infographs.

> Stylish has been recommended by Jow Forums since before you arrived here, newfriend.
I'm sure it was. However, a very recent development is that it has sold out to an analytic company and isn't recommended anymore. Since that happened not too long ago - like a couple of years at most - I quite understand that a venerable oldfriend like you might not have yet heard of that.

Haven't heard of it because I don't use Stylish, friend. I just know what has been recommended and what hasn't over the years. I know Scriptish stopped being recommended, but I wasn't aware Stylish did as well.

Stylish has been compromised for ages. If you really need your gay themes, use stylus instead. It's a FOSS implementation which is compatible with the themes. Don't be a dumb fag and defend stylish though when you don't know what you're talking about.

you should've listened

Attached: pale meme.png (905x904, 1.26M)

So what browser to use on Windows? Icecat dropped support for everything but GNU/Linux.

Qutebrowser

>install it from one of the official repos
>Bitdefender gets tripped
Yeah, I trust this with my fucking life.

The fuck is bit defender and why are you not using common sense

>Waterfox has a communication problem
Agreed. The old site was straight-forward and clear, and never needed a redesign, and yet, it was only changed for the sake of feeling more "user-friendly", says the author of the fork. Also, you can disable Google Safe Browsing anyway.

>Waterfox "phones home" with information about your computer whenever you start it up
I can't find anything in Alex's site that express exactly that Waterfox phones everytime you initiate the browser. The only information I see similar to that is this:

>Technical data for updates: Desktop versions of Waterfox periodically check for browser updates by connecting to Waterfox servers. Your Waterfox version, language, and device operating system are used to apply the correct updates. Mobile versions of Waterfox may connect to another service if you used one to download and install Waterfox.

Simply disabling auto-updating and manually downloading the installer is enough to circumvent possible telemetry (which even the kind the telemetry itself doesn't seems to reveal much about yourself).

>Waterfox offers spyware search engines to it's users and uses Bing as it's default search engine
Switch the search engine then. 'nuff said.

>Waterfox sends all website notifications through Mozilla's servers
Don't ever allow notifications from websites, then. Actually, why would one do that?

>Waterfox is integrated into the "Firefox Accounts" spyware platform
If you're a person that really worries about privacy, then why would you use the sync function?

>Waterfox is self updating software
Is this referring to auto-updating, or something else? I didn't really understand it. What "self-updates"?

>Waterfox implements the GeoLocation API
Not only you can always disallow it any time the site asks it, but also:
geo.enabled = false

So far, I only see two good points.

Regular Firefox with settings tweaked. Simple.

firefox haters BTFO
AHAHAHAHAHA

Iridium

Thing with Iridium is that it triggers my autism with all the trace notifications, and it still calls home to Google.

Attached: sBsf284.png (584x29, 2K)

I read through it and wow, look, it's literally fucking nothing. Will continue to use Waterfox, the best browser.

Firefox is the best browser.

But the article on FF says it's always phoning home on everything you do??

I've tweaked my settings based on some of the github guides that float around, how secure am i from the Phoning home user
and the article mention?

Too late user, you are going straight to pound-me-in-the-ass federal prison you problematic little rapelord.

Neither Iridium or Otter have side style tabs so it's a hard pass for me boss. Also Otter doesn't have uMatrix.

The dev literally adressed all of these ""points"" on his subreddit long ago, random autistic screeching from a literal who on his shitty web 1.0-style geocities page won't change the fact that it's the best and most secure 64bit browser around right now