/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1523554502134.png (600x745, 432K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/track/6iZtDWu3FTuxu7AprIqA3Y?si=IN6umsGESLOjJZFDkiZGVw
youtube.com/watch?v=dIwyVAj6gEo
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater,
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: hpg.png (1454x869, 146K)

its very comfy isnt it

Flavor of the month.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-07-21-at-15.07.00.png (966x1309, 264K)

Attached: 130AFBB1-191E-4B73-9138-7031F257CA88.jpg (2772x3698, 2.08M)

Is Sabaj good for the price? I heard DA2 is good but what about the others? I don't need portability do I get D3 instead?

Guess the headphones. Hint: they are over $1000usd

Attached: 20180509_120340.jpg (3264x2448, 2.34M)

stax or dont bother posting what it is

Oh oh oh are you the guy from sunday?

100% garbage

Yep

Confirmed garbage

I said LCD-3 then and I'll say LCD-3 again. Don't think they've dropped under a grand used yet.

That would be a good guess if I didn't already own LCD-3

Attached: 20180310_151723.jpg (3264x2448, 3.41M)

oppos ;)

>HP-A4BL
So jelly. So so jelly.

bad dragon 'xtra bass' bluetooth gaming headset with free horse dildo

auteur

What you listening to /hpg/?

open.spotify.com/track/6iZtDWu3FTuxu7AprIqA3Y?si=IN6umsGESLOjJZFDkiZGVw

Attached: 1442492644703.png (421x248, 73K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dIwyVAj6gEo

>spotify

Zeos flavor?
He seems to be very binary, either its amazing or shit.

are you going to post them on /v/ or Jow Forumsheadphones again?

Binary reviewers for a binary era.

Name one person more trustworthy than Amir.

I don't remember posting my headphones on /v/ and I don't even have a Reddit account.

Ok you guys all fucking suck at guessing

Attached: 20180509_120551.jpg (3264x2448, 2.29M)

RED SEXYS

Attached: fd7019dee93a12aecab362ac81d6b79.png (326x196, 55K)

garbage

you realize these are $800 new right? what did you buy them at?

>RED SEXYS
WRONG
LIMITED EDITION GREEN SEXYS BABYYYYYYY

Attached: 20180509_124959.jpg (3264x2448, 2.22M)

I was promised anime feet

#71 out of 100

Attached: 20180509_125434.jpg (3264x2448, 2.49M)

denon d7200 is better for cheaper ;)

the typical path to enlightenment:

dynamic -> planar -> biodyna/graphene -> stax -> stax + kannon

you are at stage 3 now

Attached: 1438649203235.jpg (565x575, 36K)

where do bluetooth gaming headsets lie in the progression

they have yet to enter the dynamic -> stax pipeline because they are still bluepilled

what are these

Attached: ce196d896889ce984b8c36f6c8ed64b0.jpg (1366x768, 91K)

garbage

what are you

garbage

Are flat head earbuds a meme? I like it more than iem.

Attached: DRAGON2PLUSca-700x700.jpg (700x700, 33K)

It's the last one, the one where you realize the audiphoolery was a mistake.

Requesting some buying advice:

>Budget
$100 USD, flexible.
>Location
US
>Source
PC's motherboard audio primarily, maybe it'd be nice with my mobile phone too, but yeah, cheap 3.5mm sources.
>Type of headphone
Over ears, please.
>Open or closed
Closed would be preferred, I'd like the most isolation I can afford.
>Comfort level
I have a big head, so nothing horribly tight. Not worried about the weight of them though.
>Sound signature
Neutral, if possible.
>Past headphones
My last several pairs have been cheap HA-RX500s, all of which I use until the cord gets trashed or they literally fall apart. For this reason, I was hoping to find some a little more durable and retard-proof (perhaps with a detachable cable?). I found the HA-RX 500 perfectly comfy and the sound was fine to my pleb ears.

Are they really good or is it another audiophool meme like a HD650? Their FR looks not that good.

the black pill

> cord gets trashed
Buy a 20$ soldering kit and your headphones will last for decades.

Is there an upgrade from portapro for use with a smart phone when all day comfort is the highest priority?

I actually kept the last pair for this purpose, I was gonna attempt to solder a 3.5mm jack into them. I'm not exactly confident my first attempt at soldering will work out though, so I'm prepared for failure.

lol

Why dopes my cheap gayman headset sound better than my boring lifeless HD600?

Jow Forums how could you

Attached: raw.png (500x280, 111K)

Is the 650 an audiophool meme?

because you're a philistine who wants blown out bass more than fidelity

Garbage in > garbage out

>biodynamic
>not degrading and falling apart in 20 years time

>graphene
>not a stuck in development hell meme

As for rec the standard for

No bass =/= fidelity

You just like fun sound.
Also maybe your source suck

Didn't think so

Attached: 1501486615492.png (354x286, 28K)

They're limited by their form factor but can sound pretty good. Venture Electronics' earbuds are still a meme

You could mod it maybe

there's nothing wrong with preferring volume clipped bass shifted audio, it's extremely popular these days and people like you are the reason the industry caters so much to that particular style both in low grade hardware and mixing

Of course there is an upgrade to portapros but what is your budget

Any budget, well less than 500 I guess, but still as light and comfy as the portapros

Attached: Business Lunch.png (1080x1080, 1.05M)

Maybe if the HD 600 actually had sub-bass, I'd probably reconsider

well~Iguess you can take it however you wanna~

and sorryif you wanna take it so personally ( which in itself is very odd for me~)

so just to make some crystal ~

1st I don't know who you are~ / haven't noticed any of the like or dislike u have for my productfrom this post or anywhere else.
2nd plz don't twist my word~if you paid for some, u can talk about them however u see fit here. and I don't think ppl who doesn't like my product afterhearing them are the "haters",
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater, my apology if my English is too "urban" ? lol

"A person that simply cannot behappyfor another person'ssuccess. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. Thehater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants toknocksomelse down anotch.
"

What I did with Monk IEs was a simple experiment to me and it confirmed the little doubt that I have aboutthis biz, so I will act accordingly~ if that is the "learning" you are referring to, then you cansay that I expected as much ,and it merely confirmed it~but in a way I did learn.

and it is fair to say , no companyin the world can please everyone~ not even APPLE ~

plus I have some payment to collect~ sorry this will be my last reply to u here for a while~

if you wanna continue our talk, I promise you a fair and open space in my group~

Cheers

Lee

There are many mid-/hi-fi headphones on the market with detailed, well-extended, low-distortion bass. The HD600 is simply bad at reproducing bass.

Yes.

Look into IEMs then

why bother? chasing high fidelity sound with accurate, precise, reproduciton is extremely hard and expensive. if you're like the average person and are happy just to have blown out bass and high volume you can be easily satisfied with cheap hardware and should consider yourself lucky

Lot easier with speakers and room treatment.

>there's nothing wrong with preferring volume clipped bass shifted audio

Attached: gas.jpg (682x515, 23K)

>implying audiophilia is merely about bone dry flatness
>implying audiophile headphones can't be warm and engaging without losing response and precision

The HD 6X0 series is a bad meme in itself

My portapros just arrived and holy shit why didn't I buy them earlier, so comfy and light it's insane. And the sound as well, they sound better than my previous m40x.

Owned them before, I don't know what everyone is on about. They're not comfortable and they don't sound good.

I dont know what youre posting this about, I already said if you love that cheap bass boosted sound like the average person you should consider yourself lucky

Ok which one of you fucks are actually so much of a faggot that you're posting anime girls in Amazon reviews. Have you no shame?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-09-14-09-50.png (1440x2560, 1.23M)

Not even him. You're acting like there are only two polar opposites, your operating table Senntism on one hand and swampy Beats garbage on the other hand.

The HD 600 already has enough of that shit-tier mud hump. What I want is some sub-bass

good pastebin

I'm cheaper and got more sub-bass than meme600.

Attached: ath_m40x_2_sq.jpg (4080x4080, 3.68M)

>closed headphones have more sub bass
woah

What's the problem with Schiit? Are you a SJW that finds their language "toxic"?

lol

>out of 100
>5 digits

the problem is it all sounds like shit. and when you try to confirm the suspicions, it measures even worse than expected.

MEASUREMENTS NOT ALLOWED

>bad quality
>bad value
>bad performance
>bad qc
>bad cs
>worse than competitors in every way
>money to marketing instead of products

Thst said they only made 100. Now maybe they made 10000 and I fell for it like a good goy but they're advertised as only 100 worldwide.

Unlike all the other faggots giving you shit I would like to say that those are really nice headphones and I hope you enjoy them. Fostex biodyna bass is just so deep, love it. Other anons probably envious.
These are v. good for a sub $500 closed back but I wish they were legitimately over ear, if they were I would own a pair.

You forgot
>hd600

>but I wish they were legitimately over ear, if they were I would own a pair.
I literally LITERALLY feel the same. And you couldn't even mod them that way if you tried because the pads are actually sound wave canals.

looks like an MDR-V6, but with independent cables
in which case I have no ide

No, that's bullshit. Z doesn't know what he's talking about. The tweeter is near the center of the headphone and angled slightly. Check the head fi thread.

>already sold out in your country's Amazon

So you could mod them if you found a way to get the pads off?

Just another M40x user

Attached: m40m.jpg (1020x840, 342K)

Yes. The pads are adhered on but you can pry them off without damage if you are careful.

What dac is the competently designed $90 one?