>2018
>still a routerlet
Why haven't you upgraded you router into the 21st century yet user?

Attached: R9000-product.png (1791x1230, 778K)

my e1000 works fine

shit thread

>muh antiquated trash router works fine
A Pentium III CPU works just fine too. Is that what you are running? or are you still using that Pentium II CPU?
>shit thread
Why don't you fuck off back to the Coffee General thread and cry some more if you can't this thread.

what's a good router that will meet the speeds of our crumbling third world us infrastructure without being overkill.

Why do you need a 18 core xeon to teach your son MS Paint? Pentium III will do just fine.

I plug in my laptop.

Have you noticed that expensive routers look like the happy merchant?

t. netgear merchant

Attached: minion kippah.jpg (480x640, 28K)

I bought a TP Link Archer C5 and it's been working fine the last two years. One in Georgia and now it's in Germany still going strong.

Might just need an extended to get through so many cement walls in our home here.

>there are persons on Jow Forums who don't understand why modern routers have gotten so powerful and why that's a good thing
Say what you want about holding out as a ramlet, considering the number of wireless devices in use these days most households benefit greatly from the new high tech routers. Number of connections alone decreases speed and throughput bottlenecks on the older style standard routers.
>inb4 muh wrt54g just works though
Sure it does old man. Sure it does.

Why would I? There's literally no better router than the WRT54GL

>not using direct ethernet from modem
i guess wifi is for your phone to post on facebook

because wifi is shit. and I get a new router for free when I get NBN next month.

gentlemen...

Attached: 324567853423524.jpg (900x653, 95K)

This one works better. It's also cheaper.

Edgy alien routercucks btfo

Attached: A6AB_130634149853501920HOtWDgcoN3.jpg (640x480, 17K)

is that device actually meant to be stood on the antenna like that? tell me thats a meemeeee

Are there any routers that aren't over $100, can run OpenWRT, and have enough flash for OpenVPN?

>I want a router that costs less then $100
If you are gonna make a purchase why be a cheapskate about it? Do you really want to be a routerlet?

I don't care about WiFi and vendor firmware is really sloppy these days. Just buy a modem with a good chipset and use an older router that can run Tomato/WRT/Gargoyle for everything else.

Do they make a good modem/router combo that works with any ISP? I'm currently using spectrum's hardware that I found in a foreclosure and claiming its my own, but they obviously can tell its theirs.

This.
Is it what modern marketing is like? Paid shills starting bait threads to sell products?

100% of consumer routers are shit. You can make them sort of marginally okay if you rip their shit firmware out and install OpenWRT, but that's a hack at best. You still have the junk hardware.

'''''Performance''''' routers are a meme. Packets go in, packets go out. Blue LEDs don't make that any faster.

>what's a good router that will meet the speeds of our crumbling third world us infrastructure without being overkill.
Bump

but i hvae

Attached: nhx6.png (440x263, 85K)

i heard people buying Xiaomi router and are getting ads inserted into webpages by the router