/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

Last thread, sadly, always remember to post the subject:
OP message:
This pasta needs cleaning up, I dislike the icons.

Attached: trabajon3_marcosruiz_by_sicnotx-dcb2wtk.jpg (751x1063, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html
sans.org/security-awareness-training/resources/posters
securingthehuman.org/resources/posters
sans.org/security-awareness-training/ouch-newsletter/
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/05/08/226236/a-smart-doorbell-company-is-working-with-cops-to-report-suspicious-people-activities
pastebin.com/u/AbsentEye
pastebin.com/u/FoxyPastey
pastebin.com/u/cyberpunked
youtube.com/watch?v=vjSohj-Iclc
youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms
news.slashdot.org/story/18/05/11/0855210/man-allegedly-used-change-of-address-form-to-move-ups-headquarters-to-his-apartment
youtube.com/watch?v=KbgvSi35n6o
youtube.com/watch?v=FcMMKucsT6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good work, user! We had a comfy thread, let's keep up the good work.

More stuff is coming to the FTP site.

I am Old OP, I saw no one had posted a continuation when the last one hit the bump limit, so I thought I should.

>I am Old OP
The Old OP that was planning on compiling all the stuff from past threads? If so, I sure hope you haven't give up though the task is admittedly on the Herculean side of huge.

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

Attached: 1414374002380-3.jpg (1288x621, 239K)

I am Compiler OP, yes, I've been extremely busy and continuously adding to the release (when i can), but you guys are great art creating content (lots of it).

Wih the new release I'm going to have to finally move to fucking Quntum. Any privacy tips on about:config?
I've already found replacement for any critical add-ons, but am outside the loop comcerning stuff tht should be turned off.

I think oupee meant cipherpunk.

Bump.

Friendly reminder to report, not to reply, to LARPer faggot hackerman OP.

Attached: STH-Poster-DontGetHooked-Email.jpg (2196x1549, 1.06M)

>Reporting a general thread that has been around for years will do something.
Retarded newfags, thanks for the bump btw.

I meant the idiot that spams "cyb is not sec" and "larp" shit. Obviously not this thread and his OP.

I failed reading comprehension, brb kms.

No biggy man, is cool.

Attached: opsec plebians.png (859x263, 99K)

To add to that OPSEC, your HDD(s) should be stored in an HDD crusher as their housing.
So that they can be destroyed at the press of a button, or if X type of sensor or alarm is triggered.

Semi related pic

Attached: 1478345413903.png (1880x3148, 369K)

Good advice.

iptables

Attached: creating_rules.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

what are the /cyb/+/sec/ approved/essential languages? C and python?

C to start.
Python or Perl for scripting.
C++ to continue in the same vein as C.
SQL for dealing with databases.

SQL is also good for dealing with spreadsheets.
Or querying anything really.

bash

I say databases, because when you're pentesting institutions, or companies, you'll be dealing with database exfiltration a fair amount.

This excellent advice, covers pretty much everything except assembly but that is an specific field.

And COBOL, learn COBOL.
This is twofold:
If you want to get a job as a programmer and your target market is business, finance or banking in general. You'll be unfireable.
It's also nice to keep legacy code alive for sentimental reasons and I attempt to instill the same values in all like-minded individuals, whether you're in the industry, or not.

Bump.

Bump.

>"cyb is not sec"
he has always been here aswell and only bumps with this at page 8 and up.
as for the latter, yes, they're annoying

>boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html
Hey! Is that shit real? Like, do actual cypherpunk heads avoid using intel cpu's above core duo because of this?

err... yes, it is.
that article is kinda old, there's been several critical security flaws.
as for avoidng; you barely can. I doubt any "modern" software will run smoothly on them anymore

>Hey! Is that shit real?
It is very real, yes. It is also generally assumed all large chips have backdoors, possibly mandated by secret decisions by respective governments. So Intel, AMD and Qualcomm are compromised by the US nameless agencies, and Chinese SOC manufacturers by their government.

>Like, do actual cypherpunk heads avoid using intel cpu's above core duo because of this?
Probably yes though nobody in that camp is too explicit about what they do. Old chips now have a rather special attraction and a Pentium Pro is fast enough for most types of communications.

You can also make CPUs using FPGA but the question is if the FPGAs are also backdoored.

can anyone learn cybersecurity and how to crack networks or do you need extremely high autism levels?
I used to distrohop for fun and automate everything humanly possible but at somepoint I just went full normie and started using windows exclusively for youtube Jow Forums and fallout 2 for a year
I can't remember the last time I opened a config file, am I fucked?

start overthewire's bandit and see for yourself

>I am Compiler OP, yes,
Good to see you are back!

>I've been extremely busy and continuously adding to the release (when i can), but you guys are great art creating content (lots of it).
True, this thread is probably the most wide ranging one around, from brain interfaces to Japanese tea houses. A lot of files have been dropped in the FTP site and I have contributed a few but as you say the rate of contents makes it like drinking from the fire hose.

One old thread had a lot of gorgeous screen shots from Tron Uprising that should have been added but I never got around to that: I hope the user posting those could do that. Some of the episodes are on YouTube but far from all.

I think the most pressing issue is to consolidate the pastebin collections and my last count was that those were spread over 3 separate pastebin accounts with a lot of overlap.

I have the OP cleaned and ready. Unfortunately I've been stuck phone posting and missing the thread ending.

Damn I like semi realistic Cyberpunk art so much

>That web site
OK; so I looked up sans.org/security-awareness-training/resources/posters which is where securingthehuman.org/resources/posters is redirected to.
Initial impression is that these posters look good. Second impression is that the PDF versions are very large and suspiciously slow. Can anyone here check if built in scripts pull other stuff in from across the net?

Following links therein we get sans.org/security-awareness-training/ouch-newsletter/ with newsletters that also look good. Any comments on these? Might add to the FAQ if OK.

why does snort need 5GB of ram... probably more even?

since I'm a cheaplet and only have one server, should I separate every major daemon out to their own VM, like qemu+kvm stuff, or is it just unnecessary overhead?
(talking about nginx, postfix, samba, maybe even all the webapps)

Attached: 1517902411334-sci.jpg (960x842, 166K)

Crash at C3?

C3

Is it A6?

Nevermind, i'm an idiot

Attached: 1484787009005[1].png (497x1194, 30K)

Good job, one of the worst possible answers, which immediately falsifies Albert's first statement. I assume it was intentional.

No it's obviously B5

Attached: list_of_logs.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

=== /cyb/ /sec/ News:
>A Smart Doorbell Company Is Working With Cops To Report 'Suspicious' People, Activities
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/05/08/226236/a-smart-doorbell-company-is-working-with-cops-to-report-suspicious-people-activities
>Smart doorbell company Ring is making it easier for customers to call the cops on "suspicious" people and activities. The startup, which Amazon acquired for reportedly "more than" $1 billion this year, uses security cameras to let people monitor their entryways. Now, it's launching its Neighbors app -- a platform for reporting crime that, so far, police in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, and the Ventura Sheriff's Department, have access to. "Over the next days and weeks, law enforcement across the U.S. will be joining Neighbors," a Ring spokesperson told me over email.
Millennials, we are told, will have mental breakdown if the doorbell rings as opposed to getting a message on FB/snap/whatsapp/whatever. Here, we are told, is a "solution" for the millennial generation.

>The app, while presented as a crime-fighting aid, could also be a new place for paranoid people to profile fellow citizens, as similar platforms in the past have turned out to be. According to the company's statement in a press release for Neighbors today: "In addition to receiving push notifications about potential security issues, app users can see recent crime and safety posts uploaded by their neighbors, the Ring team and local law enforcement via an interactive map. If a neighbor notices suspicious activity in their area, they can post their own text, photo or video and alert the community to proactively prevent crime."
Yes, what could possibly go wrong?

I won't answer until I get a racial profile of them I will only save : Whites, Mexicans , and nordic babes if you tell me that there are at leas 5 jews I will kill them myself.

>all of them are jews
you happy?
why not answer my actual question instead?

that's bound to happen if your pic is more interesting than your question.

as for your question: actual abstration is obviously more effective than limititing access. but if you're tight on ressources, a chroot jail goes a long way

What wireless adapter would you recommend for cracking Wi-Fis? It needs to be long range and work well with Linux obviously.

I've got an old TP-Link TL-WN722N with a long range alfa antenna.
Just be careful, I think rev 1.2 and up has a different chip that isn't even linux compatible

I'm on alfa awus036h
Always worked great
Dont forget to
>iw reg set BO (or NZ)
>iwconfig wlan0 txpower 30
if you are on 1W
might need to recompile a few things.

What about version 2?

It seems to be very popular and is being recommended everywhere else too.

>What about version 2?
v2 has the same 'new'.
I found it out the hard way because I reordered for a backup one.
I had no luck contacting vendors on what they're trying to sell - either they lie or tell you they don't care. but most of the time you get no reply at all

=== /sec/ Announcement
The /sec/ FAQ is updated to Preview 5b.

Inputs are welcome.

I lost the password to the Cybersec pastebin, although it might still be in the mega.nz drop I did when I stepped back from OPing.
We'd have to find that thread though.

>Cybersec pastebin
Password? Not sure there was one.

If you are thinking of the FTP site it seems the user/passw no longer is needed:
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

If, on the other hand, you are thinking of the 3 pastebin accounts, these are the ones I have: pastebin.com/u/AbsentEye
pastebin.com/u/FoxyPastey
pastebin.com/u/cyberpunked
The latter has a lot of security related stuff.

Night is here, let's keep this alive.

Attached: 27525_battle_angel_alita.jpg (2560x1920, 468K)

Bump.

What are some /cyb/ things I can do with an old server? someone nearby is selling a poweredge T310 for quite cheap.

Is it safe to have all my password on keepassX?
t. Security illiterate

No. There were leaks before. There will be leaks in the future. Don't believe its lies.

Ok i figured. Im using a strong password with deviations in numbers or symbols. Should help me remember while keeping security right?

Bump.

Thanks.

>What are some /cyb/ things I can do with an old server?
Firewall with deep packet inspection, TOR server, test system for VMs etc.

>someone nearby is selling a poweredge T310 for quite cheap.
Those are fairly low noise and quite nice.

Can I use a CFW PS3 as a Linux desktop? If the Cell isn't affected by spectre it could be nice since someone is working on hardware acceleration for the Nvidia GPU.

Alternative?

Bump.

Could you upload it to, say, Pastebin, for review?

youtube.com/watch?v=vjSohj-Iclc
Picture this with the theme of Rocky Balboa.

I am not seeing sex bots appearing in the near future outside movies.

Are we counting sex dolls there?

Counting or courting? I am not counting at least.

Got a Pi sitting around...what should I do with it?

same

Pi-hole.

Also read the Raspberry Pi Magazine.

>Don't use Oxford commas
Why? What does that have to do with opsec?

Did you read the rest of the image?

Bump.

To be honest I hadn't, was skimming the image at work. Now that I have though I totally get it. A friend if mine once identified a post I made in a general I never normally participate in because he recognized my posting style.

I can't find the article now, but I remember reading a piece positing the possibility of leveraging AI language processing to automatically identify online writers based on their writing style.

Attached: 900x.jpg (900x1599, 282K)

How cyberpunk is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms

Attached: 07a7de9a428da00ff1adfcacdee256f9964445f0_full.jpg (184x184, 9K)

I'll believe it when I see it. You can't project an image that clear in full sun.

It's a scam user.
Is scamming cyberpunk?

what does cyb think of blur, specifically disposable prepaid credit cards, they charge it to your regular debit card under the generic name of abline, so the bank can't tell what you're buying

Your Bank is usually the least oft your concern. And you can net on tge feds knowing what business is behind which account

Another strange thing is that the finger used in the interaction does not obstruct the light source. In reality you should have seen a shadow extending from the finger tip and away from the projector light.

>Is scamming cyberpunk?
You decide:

=== /scam/ News:
>Man Allegedly Used Change Of Address Form To Move UPS Headquarters To His Apartment (npr.org)
news.slashdot.org/story/18/05/11/0855210/man-allegedly-used-change-of-address-form-to-move-ups-headquarters-to-his-apartment
>Dushaun Henderson-Spruce submitted a U.S. Postal Service change of address form on Oct. 26, 2017, according to court documents. He requested changing a corporation's mailing address from an address in Atlanta to the address of his apartment on Chicago's North Side. The post office duly updated the address, and Henderson-Spruce allegedly began receiving the company's mail -- including checks. It went on for months. Prosecutors say he deposited some $58,000 in checks improperly forwarded to his address.

Well, what could possibly go wrong?

>It went on for months
HOW?
How on earth could they not notice it?
How could it have been so easy for him, an unrelated party, to change the address?

Yes, that is the thing, really. People assume X will never happen - until it does.

If he was smart (big guess here), he would have delivered the mail to the company so that they would only see a slight delay in addition to all monetary transfers having gone missing of course. It could have gone on for a long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbgvSi35n6o

Good to see a debunker gets that many views and subscribers.

Night is here, signing off with TRON
youtube.com/watch?v=FcMMKucsT6c

Why not just combine hacker general and cybersec general?

Also which is easier, pen test+ or cysa+?

/hmg/ doesn't like /cyb/

How to stop the CIA/NSA and other glow in the dark niggers from spying on you? Other than just VPN/DNSCrypt/Tor of course.

Attached: 1488944302180.jpg (902x762, 195K)

> No. There were leaks before. There will be leaks in the future. Don't believe its lies.
what kind of leaks? isnt it an offline program?

/hmg/ op is a LARPer

Is /hmg/ OP a CIAnigger?

Prevent your wifi signal from leaving your house and pick up habits that make surveillance harder.