What's the best Video Editing software?

What's the best Video Editing software?

Attached: 1504544334426.png (1600x907, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BFBdJBm1_e0
youtube.com/watch?v=bF81H74fja8
youtube.com/watch?v=uAQSmV_HD_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Non-Free: Vegas, Adobe Premiere
Free: Kdenlive

What about Blender? I've heard it's a decent video editor as well.

yes
but
the UI

DaVinci Resolve has a freeware version. The "best" is probably something like Premiere Pro.

Davinci Resolve

I work in the film industry for a trailer house. if you've watched TV or movies in the past 5 years, you've almost definitely seen my work. Most people use Final Cut Pro. Sony Vegas is a meme and free video editors are god awful at everything they do. Macs and either Final Cut Pro or Media Composer, and MC is falling in popularity in the professional market every year.

No.

It's very cumbersome to do simple things

So, Blender is the GIMP of video editing?

ill second davinci on the stipulation that you work within its formats.

the program is a fucking pain in the ass to use.

oh, the video stream I have is supported
The audio stream I have is supported
If its called mp4 it work
if its called mkv everything shits itself
split the mkv, the video and audio no longer work
shit is a pain in the ass as everything I use supports mkv, every file I use is an mkv, and every source I have is mkv

I would say vegas is good, but you have to do so much bullshit every time you make a video...

I don't know about premier, all I remember is how much of a pain it was to even get shit to work last time I used it, much less rendering out a file.

Nice jos Apple shill. The UI looks fancy but I don't believe it can do any more or less than the """meme""" video editors.

I thought people ditched FCP when Apple dropped shitloads of features from the X version.

considering apple only hires people who can use adobe premiere anymore... you are retarded for using final cut.

FFmpeg

I-movie

Stop lying, you don't produce for shit.
If you were really in the industry you would know that you'll get your ass laughed at for even mentioning final cut pro.
Premiere pro is the only industry standard, final cut pro is for college students doing amateur films.
Only thing you're right about is sony vegas

Attached: premiere.png (151x151, 1K)

A scissor

They did, the guy's a larper, Idk about america but I've yet to see a real professional here at europe use final cut instead of premiere pro. Even before the x version premiere was still being used commonly.

Media Composer.
Poorfags need not apply

>FCP X
>Gaining popularity
wew lad

Yes

Not that cumbersome.

Blender shouldn't even be a video editor

>Not using Youtube Poop: The Editor

Attached: GOAT Editor.png (1915x1161, 176K)

I actually used to think vegas pro is the best shit around back in the day and spent days making tf2 montages with it.

I still think it is, you can do simple cuts with it and make gifs, or get really advanced with it.

I dont work for Apple, nor has my company ever been contracted with Apple.
Not to my knowledge. There were a lot of feature missing from X compared to 7 when it came out and a lot companies held out because of that, however most of these features have been restored and it has become more stable. I entered the professional market in 2013 after the period of chaos Apple caused by releasing FCX and discontinuing Pro, so I can't speak much to that time period, but I know that every that had been hired/contracted with us from 2013 were using exclusively X, and the veterans were transitioning to it from Pro. I'm not able to find 100% solid numbers because studies aren't usually done on this and ACEG hasn't publicly released numbers since 2007, but Final Cut Pro was used to edit many TV shows in the US. X still gets used quite often in trailer houses, though.
You may not believe it, and unless you're editing videos that are semi-professional or professional, you might not notice features. From what I hear and see, the only time Adobe products are used when doing VFX, and thats Photoshop and After Effects (I don't actually work on the movies themselves, so I can't attest to how often this is used, but my industry friends tell me they use these). Very occasionally, Soundbooth is used for audio editing, but because that was discontinued before I got into the business, its mostly been replaced with Audacity (IMO, Soundbooth seems like to be very poor for editing sound compared to Audacity, but I only checked some years after it was discontinued and Audacity had been getting updates). Another thing to note about my experience and Premiere, is that it seems to be mainly used by foreign film studios. When Premiere and Premiere Pro became popular, it was during the time between FCP being discontinued and the uncertainty of if X would be a mainstay and hasn't grown since X became more stable.

Blender is great. But it's not the tool you use to just edit that one family video with a cut and a transition in between.

It's a very powerful tool, too many features and concepts for simple tasks, but that's really good if you want to do more fancy edits, for example censoring Apple logos:
youtube.com/watch?v=BFBdJBm1_e0

Or doing effects & color grading and all that:
youtube.com/watch?v=bF81H74fja8

youtube.com/watch?v=uAQSmV_HD_w

>one of the things I've learned about Vegas 11 is that it is a piece of shit with a myriad of strange and unfamiliar problems
god-tier sentence mixing

Premiere Pro is not the standard and you can find that out by doing a quick google search. Avid Media Composer is the standard and has been, with Final Cut being the 2nd most used except between 2011-2013 during the bad rollout of FCX, and it seeing no growth in the professional market since then.
I know this board rightfully has a hateboner for Apple, so I won't be responding anymore. Just know that Adobe Premiere and Premiere Pro isn't used in the professional market nearly as much as you guys assume and pretend that you're in any industry other than editing youtube videos.

>using apple products for any "professional" work
Hello apple shill.

You think you can get away with your bullshitting that easy?
Premiere pro is the industry leading software on par with mc, depends on the studio, but final cut in any version has never been significant in the professional scene.
The only people who use final cut are college students shooting a low budget film, because its easy to use and works fast on their macbooks.
Disregard this piece of lying trash apple shill.

why would anybody shill for apple on this godforsaken board that underages use to talk about the best gaymen computers and meme keyboards

>Premiere Pro is not the standard and you can find that out by doing a quick google search
I did a google search out of curiosity and found mixed answers with some saying premiere is the standard and others, media composer is the standard.
This just further proves how untrustworthy you are.
Also,
>I know this board rightfully has a hateboner for Apple, so I won't be responding anymore.
meaning
>I've been found out as a shill
Lmao

I work for an advertising company. We make advertisements for small businesses, schools, churches etc. and use Adobe Premiere. The Adobe ecosystem is very comfy.

TV station here used final cut.

One of their team working on another project used Premiere, and within a year had all moved over

Attached: Kden.jpg (500x441, 39K)

>I dont work for Apple, nor has my company ever been contracted with Apple.
they don't even use their own product to make videos anymore, why in the fuck would you still use it if they don't?

for pro work there are several programs that get used, and the only thing that makes one of them move from one program to another is if they are forced.

more and more people are moving away from final cut for a reason, apple doesn't make professional hardware.

Jow Forums, what do you believe to be some great ways to resize images, especially for hitting at the right size you want? Any good tools or programs you're thinking off?

Attached: 1524708090349.jpg (139x184, 7K)

Just use the Microsoft picture viewing software that came with windows 7

Windows Photo Viewer from W7 can edit and resize images? I didn't know that. How do you do that?

Or are you perhaps referring to an another program I have never seen?

Adobe Premiere, anything else is shit. I use Windows near exclusively for this.

Sony Vegas was so bad not even Sony wanted anything to do with it. Now it is Magix Shovelware

I know a few guys who edit professional music videos. They all use Adobe Premier on macs