Custom Rom General

What rom are you guys running on what phone?

Attached: images.png (305x165, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.aospextended.com/tissot/
lineage.microg.org)
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/development/recovery-official-twrp-herolte-t3333770
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/herolte/install
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/development/rom-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-galaxy-s8-t3684397
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't have a phone, because I adhere to a strict OPSEC.
However, when I NEED a phone, I buy some cheapo throwaway burner.
I then establish a protocol with likely contacts as when it'll be on, 6 am, 12 pm and 6pm, always away from any location commonly associated with me to defeat quantitative analysis.
Also, try to avoid as many cameras as possible, and the ones you do hit, to so in a way that will create a confusing path when entered into a predictive system.
Also, never use ATMs, always draw out and carry the cash you're going to use.
Or, don't allow money into your bank account in the first place, always ask for cash in hand.

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-190727.png (480x800, 50K)

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180509-154937.png (1312x2560, 164K)

I'm just rooted but I am looking for a good touch wiz rom for the note 4

Sultan said he won't be making his optimized Oreo. I looked around for an Oreo rom and decided to try Dirty Unicorn. Not bad. Op3t

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-190408.png (1080x1920, 142K)

Galaxy S9

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180510-010742.png (1440x2960, 166K)

Is it good?

OP5, Pure Fusion

Nokia 8, stock 8.1

Really good, everything works except iris and camera is not bad at all. Can't say anything about battery, I got it today.

Try antutu and share results plz

Attached: Screenshot_AnTuTu_Benchmark_20180510-013208.png (1440x2960, 909K)

Lineage 14.1 on rn4

It just werks

Xiaomi A1 with Resurrection Remix. The stock camera doesn't work for some pajeet reason, so I'm using OpenCamera until I find a way to fix it.

Where's LineageOS 15 for Redmi Note 3? Pajeets forgot it?

Official LOS 15 won't be out for a not of devices since the project upped the requirements for a release a lot, you can use unofficial nightlies

>Xiaomi A1
That's the kind of phone you buy to NOT put a custom ROM on it (at least not while it still has official support). And RR is one of the worst pajeet infected ROMs.

AOSP Extended

which rom should I install instead? I installed RR just because I wanted to get rid of the gapps.

downloads.aospextended.com/tissot/

Do you have Sound Panel on the Quicksettings? first time using AEX and I liked it pretty much, but not having sound panel for me is kinda deal breaker, almost every custom rom has it, even LOS, so I dunno if my pajeet maintainer missed it, or it's just this way and I have to deal with it.

Yes there is. You have option to add panels in quick settings.

That looks good. I will try later if I can't fix the camera issue.

Yep, I tried adding it, but it just doesn't appear, seems like the maintainer messed it up, thanks for your feedback user.

Is LineageOS the best ROM for a relatively stock Android experience?

I'll come back to Android, my last android was like 6 years ago. Where are my ParanoidAndroid, CyanogenMod, AOKP roms? What is a good rom without google shit? Also, what are some good apps?

Attached: 1525869452413.gif (303x307, 1.18M)

Yep. I installed a nightly in a Redmi 2 and the only problem was that I couldn't connect to 4G because my phone was a shitty special model with a different antenna. Everything else worked well.
They all still exist. CyanogenMod is now LineageOS because some bullshit happened with Cyanogen (the company behind CM).

Can it run microG?

>custom roms
I have an iPhone so I don't need that pajeet trash. Stay cucked, Jow Forums!

Yes.

with signature spoofing?

As someone who is dependent on a number of Google apps every day, is MicroG for LineageOS something to consider?

user were you on the KGB or something?

You Westerners really must take OPSEC more seriously.

Yes.

He is clearly CIA

Attached: F226ARLHDHXNPKG.MEDIUM.jpg (412x620, 48K)

user, if you were genuinely an intelligence target of interest, they'd just SWAT you while you sleep then fly you to Afghanistan and pull out your teeth with pliers until you tell them what you want to know.
Don't delude yourself. You are not important.

I never sleep in the same spot and have several safehouses pre-rented before traveling to a location.
I rent these using tumbled cryptocurrency and always access from public and crowded WiFi using a direction antenna from a vantage point.
Also, you have no idea about my life, or my past, don't make assumptions about people you've never met and will never meet over the Internet.

MicroG is mainly used to make applications that require google services stop bothering you. You should make a list of the apps you use so other people can recommend some alternatives.

I'm interested in it because I've heard it uses less resources, and thus saves battery as it doesn't call home to Google constantly. But the Google apps I use are Contacts, Drive, Gmail, Hangouts, Home, Maps, and Play Store.

Currently testing KitKat. Battery life has been great so far. I also like stock holo theme.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-10-08-35-30.png (720x1280, 102K)

>Contacts
I use the stock app. Maybe Simple contacts would work.
>Drive
I don't use cloud services. Maybe hosting your own?
>Gmail
>Maps
I normally use the browser.
>Hangouts
>Home
I don't know what are those apps.
>Play Store
Yalp Store and F-Droid.

I'm sorry for not being more helpful.

LineageOS + MicroG (lineage.microg.org)

Hangouts is a chat app. I use it to chat with my mom. I just use the Home app to cast music to a Google Home Mini I have.
>Maybe hosting your own?
How do I do that?
I've read that some Google apps work with MicroG though.

Good to know. I hope the LineageOS team updates their builds for the Nexus 5X quickly once Android P officially releases.

Sort these ROMs, from best to worst:
>AospExtended
>crDroid
>Pixel Experience
>Resurrection Remix
>UNOFFICIAL LineageOS

>Moto G
I'm about to buy the same phone. I don't know why people need 6" bricks.

I lol'd

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180510-093109.png (1080x1920, 140K)

This
RR is a bloated ricer clusterfuck for 14year olds. Had it for few weeks. There are too many customization options that are not compatible with each other and can cause serious issues.
CrDroid here. Can honestly recommend, microg compatible.
>it uses less resources
Yes, battery life is great
Maps work, use yalp store instead of play store, gmail works. I couldn't make drive to work when I tested.

1st Gen Moto G
Android 7.1.2
LineageOS 14.1

this is the gayest post on the internet

It's Lineage or fuck over to Sailfish. Lineage is the only image that you can reliability rebuild yourself. I'll never understand how people can trust random dudes hawking their shit in a random thread on XDA like it's shareware from 1999.

>tfw too stupid to figure out how to install lineageos on s7
>download several versions of Odin and heimdall trying to figure out the problem
>able to flash engboot just fine but I can't get twrp on it
do I need to load twrp on a microsd so I can get this bitch to work with Odin

when I do get it done though, what are some absolutely necessary apps/firewalls for max security?

i had an issue with my s6 and odin where the device i was using would always fail the flash. had to use my desktop to get it to work.

After trying many ROMs, I'm just using a sort of debloated version of stock on a Moto G5 available at xda. It's shitty to have no actually stable ROM other than stock but at least this one is really decent.

Oh shit the XDA guys are putting their repos on GitHub now. When did this become a thing; I'm almost impressed by their emerging grasp of 10 year old technology.

Have Lineage, but I haven't updated it since the april fools "joke" those shitheads pulled. Waiting for Purism to build that Librem phone. Hopefully next year if we're lucky.

Check these, maybe it'll help:
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/development/recovery-official-twrp-herolte-t3333770
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/herolte/install

Xiaomi won't update my ido anymore
Not even their lollipop MIUI
Fuck you Xiaomi!!

lineage went straight into the shitter after april. you can check out any device's page in xda and in their reddit page. they are filled with complaints and things breaking.

LG G2
CrDroid

Most typical custom ROM phone

Attached: Screenshot_20180510-122304.png (1080x1920, 103K)

LineageOS unofficial from Antarkish on the Moto X Style. It's for the nougat modem and is pretty great actually.

>AospExtended
>crDroid
>Resurrection Remix

Don't know about >Pixel Experience and I would've put >LineageOS in the first place, if it was OFFICIAL.

[PaJeetRom500][custom launcher][Android 5.1][Lollipop][Gapps]

What do you mainly use your phone for? I have a xiaomeme that I just shitpost with

How long's the boot duration? The stock rom takes 20 sec for a restart I think.

still no stable linage for S8

15-20 sec

thanks

Yeah what's up with that? I see no wiki entry for the S8 here wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

Aaaaaand it's all for naught because you posted on Jow Forums.

Good luck not getting raped, retard.

CopperheadOS.

Mainly shitposting too, youtube etc ... No gaming and i dont take many photo. I can live with a mid tier phone but i just love the aesthetic of this phone and with stock its even better. My S8 was really good but Samsung skin is not for me

Nexus 5x owner here. Isn't the 5X supposed to be incompatible with android P? Or is it just official releases?

If not, install Copperhead.

No Treble support, its harder to port LineageOS
There is an early build here but almost nothing works forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/development/rom-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-galaxy-s8-t3684397

What April's fool joke?

Lineage 14.1 on OnePlus 3T

Oh, makes sense that they wouldn't have a device entry if they didn't have at least one supported OS version for it.

I want to but it's a pain on my s5

I'm using Cardinal AOSP for the Redmi Note 4. Works but not really stable, there are a few annoying bugs.
Should I go for crDroid or AOSP Extended?

Is there any way to use OMS on LineageOS without some unstable Pajeet fork?.

How's I a pain? It was pretty easy to install Lineage on my S5, only problem is it still doesn't have Oreo

I want LineageOS for my Redmi 4x, but fuck using some random unofficial pajeet build. I guess either crdroid or aospe for me.

>All these cyanocuck'd no update plebes.

Attached: wew.png (968x1152, 138K)

Check LineageOS Extended is maintained by a Russian guy, it doesn't have an Official XDA thread, but the guy has a github. Pretty stable if you wanna 8.1, otherwise just stick to LineageOS 14.1 official, no bugs and smooth performance. On the other hand, I'm using an Unofficial AEX based on 7.1.2 (I feel 8.1 is not ready yet, too many bugs to sort out) works pretty smooth and no issues so far, I wanted native substratum support so didn't have any other option, the cost is that you depend on a random guy maintaining it.

I'm running 6.0.1 on a Verizon s5. I would have to install a previous version of Android first

When the fuck is LineageOS going to support new phones?

I have moto g 4 running LineageOS, but there is some kernel bug or some shit that prevents deep sleep, which means that the battery dies in 30h no matter what. What can I do? This happens on all roms I've tested as well.

I don't want to get another phone because ethics.

me custom rom me big android me smart

For some reason LOS in Redmi Note 4 is consuming battery faster than with stock rom, and I don't even have GApps installed.
Has anybody else had this issue? Tried recalibrating the battery but it still feels like it's wrong. 20 minutes of usage and the phone already goes from full to 90% while before it would be on 95%

Flash a custom kernel

Put the fucking stock rom on it.

Try changing Kernel, on RN4 there are a lot of kernels to test, from battery life oriented to full performance, if it doesn't solve the issue, maybe the stock kernel just works that way. Some kernels tend to waste more battery on some percentages, for instance on the kernel that come with the rom I'm using, from 62 to 57% the battery just get consumed in like 5min, then with the remaining percent just works perfectly, got like 2hrs of sot with each 10% used on WiFi.

>opsec as a meme
thanks to likes of thegrugq and rise of dnm, now we have edgy retards trying live like a fucking mossad operator in iran or something. seriously this is stupid, go learn serious threat modeling and then do your fucking opsec. opsec w/out proper tm is just like being a paranoid librefag.

>xiaomi.eu custom rom @ mi6
>inb4 muh chinese intelligence
looking for alternatives though. how is lineage?

>not blocking ads
You poor bastard

Same. Could use an update though. I've got a few annoying bugs

deresute, mirishita, llsif, bandoori.

What the fuck are you talking about, I just said it's running LineageOS you dumbass