Job Interview Tomorrow

Hey Jow Forumsuys I have a job interview for an IT administrator position at a local company near me. What questions should I expect in the interview? How should I prepare?

Attached: data-center.jpg (770x513, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/ShyGuy1947
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get your programming socks and be ready to suck their cocks like a good trap you are

>What hours are you available?
>How flexible is your schedule and how long does it take you to commute to work
>How good are you working in teams? Alone?

Most companies never really judge on technical questions unless you're REALLY bad or an engineer of some sort. Be charismatic

Administrator positions still need to answer technical questions?

>How would you handle multiple tasks with competing priorities and deadlines?

Well its a good thing I'm available at pretty much all regular hours and the company is a 10 minute walk from my house

>You're installing the latest OS on every machine (or doing a hardware refresh) and someone says that they don't want to upgrade. What do?
>How would you deal with a difficult customer?

Why would I have a disgruntled customer when I am administering the IT within the company?

Literally just walk in with high enthusiasm, answer their questions truthfully, and ASK them questions. Do not leave without asking them anything.

Computer illiterate users are referred to as customers within a company.

Local company == tiny IT department. Maybe just one or two people. If you're going to be a one man shop, expect not to have many tech questions, but instead to fix a few things. If you get tech questions, it's probably not a one man shop, but you'll have to be a generalist.

Basically there's nothing worthwhile you can do if the interview is tomorrow. Get a good night's sleep, mediate if that's the only way too get to sleep. Dress well. You want to look composed and healthy. Exercise, not strenuous, but enough to get your blood pumping. If you can, do some curls right before leaving.

Medicate. Fucking autocorrect. Google's new AI can't get released soon enough.

Literally the only thing you have to do is show up and be an upbeat normal person. Technical problem solving is 15% of the job. Can you talk to non-Jow Forums people in their vocabulary? Can you not reeee when your boss tells you to not bring your staff into the office? You'll be fine.

kek, you've clearly never interviewed at any of the Big 4 if you think they care about your social skills over your technical skills for any engineering role

Interviewer here. Some tips

If you don't know an answer, dont bullshit it. It's easy to smell a bullshitter.

Know what questions to ask them. Like "what are your current infrastructure needs", "what are the primary goals for your application ecosystem that should be prioritized"

Be willing to go deep into technical in a few areas. If you only speak in high level and never go deep into an area, you will sound like a generalist with no specific mastery

You better know about devops methodology and have a rough idea on cloud/hybrid cloud

Be strong in one scripting language. If its a windows shop u need powershell. If its nix u need python, bash, and perhaps perl if its an old shop.

Know what security means from an enterprise perspective

Know how to answer networking basic questions, etc.

Do you have more specifics on the role?

Attached: 1525735310916.gif (660x780, 201K)

Mfw asked to implement hash maps in C on a whiteboard during an interview for a sql dba position. Remember kids, if u put a language on your resume, its fair game for questions.

The fortune 500s can get brutal during panels

100% this.

People have tanked interviews where I work because they listed R as a language , when they were applying for a developer position. R is something they don't need AT ALL, but they put it down, so we asked them questions about it. They failed. Even if they had just non-evasively said it's been so long they don't recall how to do it, we would have been fine. But instead they tried to bullshit their way through.

Answer each question with "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Then have him roll a d20 and decide his fate accordingly. Make him know who is in charge.

Attached: IMG_20180430_211657_622.jpg (612x343, 20K)

autist here. how do l become charismatic?

Have you tried watching some old remedial "social hygiene" films designed to correct personality deficiencies in teenagers?

archive.org/details/ShyGuy1947

l haven't seen these. ty user

>hiring people based on resume writing skills