Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is the best distro you'll ever need! Install now boys!

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is the best distro you'll ever need! Install now boys!

Attached: ubuntu-18-04-cover.png (1052x702, 83K)

Pressing any FN key (volume and brightness) is still causing my CPU to spike to 100% and have a 5 second delay while freezing the entire system besides the cursor for those 5 seconds.

GNOME is a piece of shit, what the fuck is happening here. It didn't happen on older versions.

it's a feature

I was getting freezes as well so I installed Kubuntu instead and it runs like butter in comparison. It's a shame since Ubuntu looks really nice once you customize it a bit.

Attached: 1522564486163.png (383x364, 139K)

I installed Ubuntu LTS the other day and I was surprised to find it lacking a lot of packages that Debian has.

>muh stable is too old
just use package pinning and use the branch you want

OpenSUSE Leap 15 is the best distro you'll ever install

no issues on my laptop. your shit is just shit.

;^^)))

Nah, I'm waiting for the next release of elementary OS.

My friends tried it they didn't like it, not to say its new though, I'll stick with arch until Ubuntu gets interesting

Honestly yeah it's pretty good, I'm happy to see unity gone. Gnome 3 isn't nearly as bad as it was last time I tried it 5 years ago.

Just use Solus, it's still the better distro.

Is there any reason I should upgrade my server from 16.04 to this?

gnome is shit
ubuntu is dead forever

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-191802.jpg (1437x1803, 856K)

>No Unity
Kill it with fire.

Kubuntu is pretty nice.
GNOME3 is terrible.

>Xubuntu and Ubuntu MATE 18.04 are the best distros
ftfy

This famalam. No idea why autists hate on Unity so much, it is a nice DE that actually looks good.

I was using Ubuntu 16.04 on my surface pro, loved unity with the mixed touch and k/m inputs. If I'm going to be forced to use gnome I may as well just go back to Fedora.

I booted the live iso and the volume change OSD kept popping up every 5 seconds and NOPED out of that.

Is Gnome on Solus any different? I tried budgie last year but to be honest it felt unfinished.

You don't have to keep gnome senpai

Happens to me everytime i dunno why

I wouldn't know, I'm stuck on budgie.
You're right in that it feels unfinished but it's still my favorite DE so far.

I was going to, but too many shills. I'll install Gentoo instead.

Wait until .1 release is out.

I tried kubuntu 18.04 as well and I've been pretty impressed with it. It's been running stable so far. KDE software has really improved lately.

>sudo apt install ubuntu-unity-desktop

Unity is still in the repos. It's just not getting any more updates other than secruity updates for a few more years.

Anyways what I hate the most about the death of unity is that it was the ONLY de with good fractional hidpi scaling. Gnome's fractional scaling is completely blurry and KDE's has a ton of application icons.

But I think I read that's more QT's fault.