'engine x'

>'engine x'
why not pronounce it 'nyixs'?

Attached: logo.png (200x43, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zompist.com/spell.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

always thought it was nignex

why not pronounce Jow Forums slajeeslash? because you're fucking retarded, OP, that's why

I've been vocalizing it as "En-Jynx" what the hell

Waddup my Nyixaz

>engine X
holy fuck, OP. I never realised that. always called it 'enjinks'

I always thought it was just en gee eye en ex till I had engine x pointed out a few years ago

>engine x
ohhhhhh

lol sorry faggots it's EN-GINKS

i've been pronouncing it en gee inks

n ginks

THIS!!! hahah holy shit never would have thought it was pronouced this way

That's not how you spell apache

same here, glad i never talked about verbally

holy fucking shit.. im graduating in a few weeks with CS degree and ive heard people talking about this "engine x" before but i had no clue what it was. but now i know its this shit that i see all the time. wow thanks for helping a brainlet OP

Attached: 1496261991252.png (534x467, 76K)

This

Any time you see the letter X in the Linux world always assume it's pronounced "X" not as part of an actual word. I have no fucking idea why the neck beards have such a fascination with this letter. I assume they're either brain dead Generation-X or extremely fanatic X-Men fans.

>Linu-Ex

its pronounced apache2 faggots

I thought it was "En Jynx" when I first heard of it, but "En Yinx?" What the fuck, OP? How do you get a fucking Y sound out of a G? Are you retarded?

I always pronounced it as it's written.
nginx, like when you push a wardrobe on marble surface.

I unironically call it "nigix" like a combination of nigger and linux

hey this is the first time I've pronounced something right. Nice

>every indian at work pronounces it 'Nigg-es'
>black sales guys hears this and freaks

I like that it was created by a Russian yet the logo has и pronounced as n. Now that's don't give-a-fuck in two languages.

"ng" as in "finger"
"in" as in "fine"
"x" as in "luxury"

I used to pronounce it nginks like the "nging" in "singing", before I found out about the "correct" pronunciation. Whoever came up with it deserves to be shot.

I hate this cracker that keeps putting down websites I want to visit.

En-gee inx.

>First there was Apache
>Now there's "Injun-X"
what did they mean by this?

This

>The state of Jow Forums

Attached: 12e4d0fd4689403e06df267948435ba99f6c6b11b8e470c4031199e74f0e1d31.png (500x522, 161K)

>Nginx
>nginx
>NGINX
This triggers my autism.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (1000x1000, 376K)

I've been pronouncing it 'botnet'

Whenever I needed to pronounce it I have always just bent over, lifted one leg up and dropped a rip roaring fart

Attached: c96.gif (500x352, 290K)

Because the russian who program the whole thing thought it would sound cooler.

>slajeeslash
Sounds like a Chaos God.

>tfw been pronouncing it "neh gincks

English is a clusterfuck.

Why not writing words so they are unambiguously pronounceable (at least to a certain degree)?

At this point it doesn't even matter if we used Kanjis instead of the latin alphabet, because you have to know the pronunciation by heart anyway as there is no way of telling which letters are pronounced in which way and which ones are silent.

LaTeX

>there is no way of telling which letters are pronounced in which way and which ones are silent.
Fucking load of bullshit. Here, English pronunciation in 56 easy rules:
zompist.com/spell.html

You laugh, but it IS learnable. It's unambiguously pronounceable to a certain degree, exactly as you ask. I'm sure even an idiot like you could learn it.

>Why not writing words so they are unambiguously pronounceable
Noah Webser (of dictionary fame) tried to push spelling reform in the olden days. That's why Americans are seen as oafs by other English speakers.
English is a composite of other languages. The spelling and pronounciation comes with the word, but even then there are screw-ups.
Americans pronounce "herb" as "'erb" because they think it's French, but pronounce "Paris" as paris, not paree as the French do.
You want phonetics? Try Hungarian.