Anyone else noticing that cheaper cameras are just using smartphone sensors? That's including action cameras too

Anyone else noticing that cheaper cameras are just using smartphone sensors? That's including action cameras too.

Are compact cameras going to be phased out soon because of smartphones?
What else could smartphones take over?

Attached: thisIsPhoto.jpg (1800x2292, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1020_vs_huawei_p20_pro_blind_shootout-review-1745.php
androidauthority.com/huawei-p20-pro-vs-lumia-1020-857050/
google.com/maps/place/51°25'35.9"N 1°59'32.4"W/@51.4268771,-1.9918395,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d51.426645!4d-1.992344?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just a reminder: With its 41-megapixel 2/3-inch BSI sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a high resolution f/2.2 all-aspherical 1-group Carl Zeiss lens the Lumia 1020 phone is still the greatest camera phone ever built.

Attached: Lumia_1020_Camera_Side.jpg (1100x733, 186K)

>41-megapixel

NOPE. It was up-sampled. The actual sensor was less than half that from memory.

Hasn't Huawei managed to beat that though?

m.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1020_vs_huawei_p20_pro_blind_shootout-review-1745.php

Or smartphones use action camera sensors. It's just very small image sensors, isn't it?

> Are compact cameras going to be phased out soon because of smartphones?
Has essentially already happened for low end compact cameras, yes?

Bigger optics and sensors are still integral to the performance of the higher end compacts, though.

False. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Nope. Huawei still has a tiny sensor compared to the 1020.

pictures are gay as fuck. I think I've only ever taken like 10 pictures on my phones and I certainly dont appear in any or take selfies because social media is fucking cancer and I want to be forgotten immediately in the case of my sudden death

There has not been a good comparison to the 1020 documented. They always set the 1020 to jpg output rather then native dng. Worse some of the comparisons set the 1020 to 5mp pics instead of standard 38mp pics. Fact of the matter stands. Nothing can capture as much image detail as a 1020 simply because no phone has yet to have a large enough sensor.

Dont talk shit about the pentax Q

Attached: Pentax-Q-size.jpg (420x444, 38K)

Yeah they've taken most of the market from the really shit tier cameras.
Older people and people with cheap phones still like buying the more lower-mid range cameras with some half way decent optics on them.
Taking pictures with a phone is kind of assy, especially when you are out in the sun light doing doing stuff and trying to see the buttons on the screen, and handing your expensive phone to someone else to take a photo is ass.
They'll never take over the good camera market because you need real optics to fully take advantage of what ever high end sensor they come up with. You can add digital stabilization and a bunch of other tricks which improves things tremendously but that stuff is already added to good cameras with real lenses and serious flash and a bunch of other features too.
I think smart phones have taken over most of what they are going to take over. They've been around ( first as PDAs ) for a long time now.

Digital image stabilization is a post-processing bandage. Optical image stabilization is the real deal.

It was a Bayer array as any common sensor out there, with 41MP of resolution, but it could do all sorts of pixel binning and sacrifice resolution for lossless digital zooming or higher sensitivity

It's a 38-megapixel sensor, fucking retard!

Megapixels=quality
It just represents resolution.
Sensor size is the deciding factor in image quality

I'm sure you enjoy sleeping alone at night

Could you be any more in denial?
It's an old phone with an old sensor, an iPhone x or, pixel 2, or Samsung s9+ can produce better quality images.

androidauthority.com/huawei-p20-pro-vs-lumia-1020-857050/
Shooting with the Huawei P20 Pro is simply a better experience. It’s faster, spends less time struggling with exposure, and has plenty more options to experiment with, which we haven’t even touched on here.

I've never taken a selfie but I've taken more than 100s of pics for work related issues. Most of them are deleted by now since they were just reminders. Nevertheless, not all people are fucking basement dwelling neckbeards who only have pictures saved of his 2d waifues or vapid cunts who take millions of selfies a day.

Attached: 1522356463897.jpg (1080x1349, 252K)

no. they use 1/2.3" sensor minimum.
that's as big or small as sony high end phones.
most other phones are smaller.
1/2.6".

that is not the panasonic cm1.
1" sensor with leica approved lens.

huawei chinkshit 1/1.7" sensor is big for a phone but only usable with raw. chink can't image processing for shit.

JJ is shit

Lexee Smith is superior

*tips*
Like, ok, fine, but 99.9% of the world is normal

smartphones are just glorified tracking devices used by the government to track you and listen to your conversations all the time and most of them run on proprietary software anyway

Her armpit is so smooth! I wish all women could be like her.

Jordyn Jones is 18 now btw. YAAAAAHOOOOO!

She's a qtpi with qt freckles, but the tan ruins her. Tanning is sun damage and will age her prematurely, so she'll look like a used up roastie by the time she hits the wall.

MILKIES MOMMY!!!!!!

btw resist the botnet, feed it fake information

Attached: RESIST.png (689x579, 211K)

Who is that semen demon

>Chink can't imagine processing for shit
DESU I find that Meizu are pretty decent.

Obviously not the best but considering it's chink and cheap...

Attached: P80415-211438.jpg (4000x3008, 3.99M)

FFS I'm gone for over half a year and we still have this word filtering shit?

Didn't banji get blacked?

>Sensor size is the deciding factor in image quality
If you have shit optics, it doesn't matter what size sensor you have.

there's even a new one basedboy

We have more. The mods have been having fun with the Jow Forumstards. The alt-right considers a chatbot to be one of their movement's greatest intellects and so the mods have been trying to put a damper on the repetitive chat speak.

Phones have been taking better pictures than point and shoot shit for years.

>pic related

Attached: IMG_20180510_081818.jpg (3024x4032, 1010K)

A phone camera is a point-and-shoot camera.

Oh my god you are right!

Attached: autism-asshole-disease.jpg (600x750, 45K)

In the low end market point and shoot cameras are basically dead. Higher end digital cameras are still alive and well though

oh man, I was wanting to get a Q for quite a while but due to several youtube channels hyping these prices have gone right the fuck up

Fixed

Attached: IV41LENSSL_14043_13.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

But it looks fucking ridiculous

Is that puke?

>Fucking half of a chink binocular glued to a clothespin. DSLR cameras BTFO.

>pubic hair in bowl
user's photo quality example is top notch

I meant tripfag.

>Literal adposting
Get off my board.

article author doesn't seem to be aware of exif either
>google.com/maps/place/51°25'35.9"N 1°59'32.4"W/@51.4268771,-1.9918395,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d51.426645!4d-1.992344?hl=en
link related, it's where he lives

Good thread fellas.
How to get good creepshots in the street with my Huawei Mate 9?

Hope you get caught and fucked in the ass till you start bleeding.

I hope he gets caught and an Asian mob beats of girls beat him up

wow thats hot

>optical stabilization
>actual lens which are bigger than an ant
>sensors several inches in diameter
>everything does not need to be post processed to shit
yeah no

My phone has optical image stabilisation

You use one of those USB snake things that auto mechanics use.