Tools:
kali.org/
>meme dragon distro but it just werks

metasploit.com/
>scriptkiddie starting point and swiss army knife

Tutorials/Guides:
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
s3ctur.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/breaking-into-infosec-a-beginners-curriculum/
>From zero to OSCP-hero rough outline, and how to infosec.

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs.

Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
>CEH, only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
>OSCP, the big dick swinging exam, 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

*UNAFFILIATED TRASH - AS LULZEC TAUGHT US - TRUST NO ONE!*
Community:
IRC: #Jow Forumssec @ rizon.net
Discord: discord.gg/3Y7Mr52
Matrix/Riot: riot.im/app/#/group/ hmg:matrix.org

Previous thread

Attached: 8ad87d1310be564db73cc80e045dfc3ab99ee648283266ffd116babe7bde6393.png (680x680, 888K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
youtu.be/JGIUzPq2Koc
youtu.be/KOuPS5Zi77g
acm.org/binaries/content/assets/education/curricula-recommendations/csec2017.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump.

Whats everyone working on?

Whats a good intermediate vulnhub (or similar) i should do? Just finished Trollcave last night.

How about Jow Forums team for defcon quals ctf?

Shitposting on the Discord every now and then.
Might change that habit though with their untrustworthy data policy.

Same. I want to find an alternative but i dont know anything that would catch on and actually get a fair amount of people using it.

I haven't connected to the IRC in months, how active is it?

I dont know, i havent been on in ages either

We need a Hackissance, revive the community from its slumber and cyberpunkification.

Agreed. Not really sure how we would do that though.
I feel like there are quite a few newfags comming into the /hmg/ community, but they leave pretty quickly when they realize hacking isnt as easy as it is in the movies and mr rooboot.

Most of them cba to even read pentesting manuals.
Let alone learn an actual language, or the application of exploiting network protocols for attacks.

Holy shit, haven't seen this thread in a while

>tfw my arduino keylogger is collecting dust now

*shrugs* working 10 hour shifts, to bring in extra dosh, I started programming in Golang (go language) already made bitcoin thief, or bitcoin swapper.

Probably work on botnet in Go.

Thats the problem with distros like kali. It gives skiddies the impression they can just boot that up in a vm, open armitage and own any machine, anytime, with no prior knowledge about vulnerabilities, exploits, network traffic, or even fucking bash or cmd.

Hey dude, i remember you.
Ive been learning golang myself, and i've been writing a botnet in go. Getting some weird errors and still getting my head around the goroutines but other than that is comming along pretty well. The cross-compiling in go is amazing.

How did you go about writing a bitcoin theif?

>Thats the problem with distros like kali...
What we need to do is bring together a core of experienced sec and then form a community, vetting for conscientious noobs who want to learn.
Then we build on-top of that activity.

So how would you suggest on doing that?
We could do something similar to the hackthebox site? Or something like that? idk. Really we need a password protected chatroot/website where that you need to be invited into.

Any suggestions on obscuring an exe from being reverse engineered with gdb or something like that? On linux i was using a script that reverses some of the bytes and checks the output of that compared to the original with gdb and radare. But its kind of hard because this exe doesnt output anything.

Yeah, I like that, so they actually have to prove that they are willing to learn before gaining access.
Also, we need to install that our community does not support illegal infiltration or surveillance.
Otherwise we'll end up v&.

Hey, it's 5/9 today. Very fitting.

>*instill

>Also, we need to install that our community does not support illegal infiltration or surveillance.
>Otherwise we'll end up v&.
True. Put up some disclaimers and stuff.
Are you thinking more chatroom style, or a forum type site?

Why not a chan for the aesthetic?

If we could design a beginner ctf that requires at the very least a few google searches that has the required knowledge of:
>Enumeration
>Using pre-written exploits (like searchsploit stuff
>Post Exploitation
>Basic methods (SQL Injection, reverse shells etc.)

Something like the Kioptrix level 2 ctf would be perfect, however modify it so that the flag is an invite to a discord or something

We're trying to move away from Discord, because of their data policy.

>a password protected chan for hackers
No matter whats on the site, the FBI would v& us all, thinking there is still hidden layers to the website that needs another password or something.

>discord
I would rather not discord, with all the spying and stuff.

>If we could design a beginner ctf
Thats not a bad idea, but the problem with that is the solutions always get published online. Look at hackthebox. you dont need to hack the invite code anymore, just look up a walkthrough. I think we do need something like that, but we also need someone actually talking to people, and handing out invites based on what they say about hacking/pentesting.

bump for this.

>the FBI would v& us all
Are they really that retarded?
We can't even peacefully assemble in our own software?

Maybe, maybe not. The one thing i do know though, never underestimate human stupidity.
Im the guy that made the ArcheryOS, so if we are both serious about this i can make a ctf and you could start writing the website?

>Im the guy that made the ArcheryOS, so if we are both serious about this i can make a ctf and you could start writing the website?
Certainly, I'll see what base imageboard software is current and fits our purpose and start making adjustments.
And I'll make it very, very clear we do not support any illegal activity.

Ok, ill start working on that now then.
Can i have your github link/a way to contact you about this? even just your discord username and ill friend you.
Do you have a place to host this?

Any ideas on what vulnerabilities i should include in the CTF? I might just browser exploitdb for some. phpmyadmin 9.3.1 (i think it is) might be a pretty good one to weed out some of the n00bs.
I was thinking about going for a hackerman theme?

Attached: hackerman.jpg (1920x1079, 175K)

Email:
>[email protected]

Attached: proof_its_me.png (734x125, 7K)

cheers dude. Ill make a proton mail too.

Bump.

hackerchan

Attached: hackerchan.jpg (680x680, 153K)

Can I help with ctf challenges as well?

Yeah, send me an email or send me a message on the discord
[email protected]

guys can I be a hacker too

No, fuck off
>yes, im just joking sorry for being mean

Where should I actually start learning if I want to get into pen testing? Is that field even worth it? I have sec+ but I hear thats worthless

Basically how it works is that I grabbed the source code on validating bitcoin address I implement that into my go language, and I make a function to check windows clipboard every 300 ms, it will send whatever is from the clilpboard to the bitcoin validator, if it returns true, it will swap out that bitcoin address with mine in the clipboard manager, so when they go to paste the bitcoin address, assuming they're stupid they will be using my address.

Thats a heaps good idea, nice one

read penetration testing: a hands on intro - georgia weidman, it's kinda dated i guess but its an easy read and will let you explore pentesting, then move onto something like hacking exposed where it'll teach you more indepth shit

t. also just starting out in learning

Actually pentesting things. Learn by doing. Do bandit and do vulnhubs.

Also getting involved in a crowd of people willing to help you learn, if possible

This. If you really wanna learn, join the discord and ask people questions and advice. If you dont really want to learn, dont join the discord.

Anyone done the DeRPnStiNK vulnhub?

>Whats everyone working on?
Odd shit that doesn’t really fit handsome man general, but I think is cool

>soldering together guitar pedals kits
>creating an OCR scanner with a webcam to track what yugioh cards I have
>seedbox on rpi
>web app to suggest different deck builds

These are my general projects. But hmg related I am doing my CCNA Cyber ops study, as I feel it would be good to finally get myself a Cisco cert

>arduino keylogger
This sounds familiar

Were you working on anything else at the time?

>>creating an OCR scanner with a webcam to track what yugioh cards I have
ahahah nice!!

> But hmg related I am doing my CCNA Cyber ops study, as I feel it would be good to finally get myself a Cisco cert
good on you man

>It gives skiddies the impression they can just boot that up in a vm, open armitage and own any machine, anytime, with no prior knowledge about vulnerabilities, exploits, network traffic, or even fucking bash or cmd.
And the problem with people like you is you refuse to admit that armed with a shodan scan, it’s trivial to find boxes that can be popped as easy as launching eternal blue or ms08-67

>any machine, anytime
those were the keywords.

But yeah, i fucking love shodan

Writing vulnerable C programs, and exploiting them(learning buffer overflows). Besides that, reading Operating System concepts (book), and Absolute Java (book).

Specially when it’s 5$ for the year during the specials

Im gonna pay for it the next time its on special. Its worth it just for being able to use arguments with the api.

>ArcheryOS
Exactly what is this

My l33t distro

Attached: Neofetch.png (1920x1080, 125K)

> discord
spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

Thats why me and some other anons are making another chan for hacking, with a password hidden in a ctf

Burn the earth is by far my fav

burn the earth is good, but cant go past go forth and die

>mfw I manage to bruteforce my neighbours garage with the SDR I bought and utilized its library in my crappy C program

Why is DSP so fucking hard?

Attached: Moon-Man-Mask-Funny-MacDonald-Moon-Latex-Head-Mask-Halloween-Mask-Carnival-Party-Cosplay-Mask-Latex. (600x500, 41K)

What made you guys want to hack things? I'm getting into it slowly since I'm just a mediocre application dev, but I'm liking it

I really enjoy being somewhere I feel like I'm not allowed to be or making something do something it's not supposed to. It's good fun

>the feeling of breaking something that the creators tried to make unbreakable
>You never know what you will find
>a direct line into peoples personal lives
>everytime you try to hack something you learn something new
>infosec is constantly changing, never a lack of research or reading materials

Hacking is just fucking great, for so many reasons

>26
>trying to get into hacking since 16yo
>another year, another shot
>no hope that this time im going to accomplish something
>still fooling myself that I can put these skills to good use and make myself some money

I don't know any better. I'm a mediocre programmer, and by seeing other coders I know that programming skills aren't enough, you have to learn to struggle and thrive in uncertainty, but this shit is hard.

I'm not going to lie. At this rate I know that probably I'm not going to make it, but is still fun to read about this stuff.

How do you feel about using automated tools?
I'm trying to learn again about this kind of thing after a couple of years off, and my brain that was fucked up by uni is telling me that it's okay to not understand the basics and to just use the tools for the job, but hell, reinventing the wheel feels great even if I waste plenty of hours just to understand how things work.
Doing the easy machines on HTB and looking at the forums showed me that there are plenty of guys stuck trying to use shit like meterpreter for enumeration when a simple cheat sheet did the job, now maybe that was just because I already had experience and I'm not gonna lie, I also started with a backtrack install and trying to just use the tools instead of learning how they worked.
I feel like it's better to take an inductive approach, starting by doing things at a basic level and just then using the automated tools.
Also, I know nothing about making ctfs but you could try doing something like a dynamic flag, not only making a new flag for every invite but something like changing the encode used (if the flag is encoded) every bunch of hours, or changing the flag position so you have to take over the whole system to find the flag.

The reinventing the wheel discussion is retard. If you are learning is pretty acceptable.

When I watched Mr. Robot for the first time, I saw what a power you can have with hacking, and that's what got me into it. I normally don't say it, because most people think that when Mr. Robot got you into hacking, you're instantly a script kiddie(which afaik I'm not).

where can i find some windows system programming oriented c/c++/delphi/whatever cybersec community? best thing i have outdated shitty win98 programming books from the 90s and forum posts from vc2005 era.

>spending time with glowing in the discords chatroom light cia nigger

maybe don't make another circle jerk that no one will come. you can make chan for all and boards with some kind of password for h4x0r5

It's funny because with me it's the opposite. I started watching Mr. Robot after I was learning how to hack and exploit.

>after I started learning
fixd

is learning a language worth it for stuff like this? what language should I learn? C?

Using tools isn't a problem if you have some concept of what the tools are actually doing.

I know that feel, I keep finding myself wanting to know the basics even if that takes a lot of time. I guess I have a lot of respect for the people with deep knowledge how don't just "know Kali"

We're trying to create a community of knowledge people and those who are willing to learn.
We don't care if you personally don't come or not, sorry.

10/10 made me kek

Pretty nifty and dickish, well done.

Because understanding cybersecurity is and will only become an ever more important skill in an ever more digital world.
Keep your data safe, and maybe get paid keeping others' data safe too.

Learn C, then Python or Perl.

> vetting for conscientious noobs who want to learn.

You want to get that right and not waste your time? Only admit those who knows how to code. Give a challenge or something, idk. Other than that is not worth it.

Every amateur community that aim to teach beginners to hack ends up infested with script kiddies wannabe bothering for tutorials and guides where everything is spoon-fed to them.

The most important quality that every hacker worth its salt must have is the ability to thrive in uncertainty. Many thousands of teenagers picked up X86 (and X86 protected mode!) from nothing more than the MASM Bible during the 1990s. Today you can find a twat every two minutes asking for help to understand a fucking loop.

Attached: 1524396175489.jpg (459x454, 61K)

my intentions are good tho, no sarcasm. dont be mad at me, haxor boi.

Attached: 1414439215060-0.gif (500x370, 479K)

Anyone hype for DEFCON ctf?

Hoping for some proper crypto with the new organizers :)

any military/agency anons here?

Attached: memorial_wall_full.jpg (2228x1715, 728K)

It's happening whether you sanction it or not, friend.

Attached: 1514640556162.jpg (540x546, 87K)

Fizz-Buzz.

lmao, after all these months are you still here?

Who /tryharder/ here?

Attached: offsec-say-tryharder-798x284.png (798x284, 18K)

Who am I again?

Really been trying to get into the infosec field but it's not easy finding a starting point. Tried a lot of things; books on assembly, books on using programming languages in a hacking context (stuff like Violent Python), youtube videos like the ones from liveoverflow etc. But I'm not sure what I can do for an extended period of time so I'll actually get a good understanding of what I'm supposed to do. I'm thinking CTF stuff is my best option atm. I don't want to just learn how to use tools like the ones in the metasploit framework because I absolutely don't want to be a script kiddie.

The hacker scenario in Brazil is way too bad.
CS Students, self taught pricks, skiddies... They are all lazy, they don't like to study, to test, to HACK.

They just want full recipes from stackoverflow, github and others.

I'm from the 70's. We pwned the early years of the "cyber".
Cyberpunk wasn't a thing. Cyberpunk is my way of life.
Those SWJ, millenials, wannabes, they're destroying the web.
They never experienced an usenet, fidonet, RENPAC X.25 (BRAZIL), RNP (BRAZIL TOO).
They now have 2 Gbps internet on their schools and what they do? COPY AND PASTE PHP CODE.

They never felt so excited with the first connection to a BBS. The dial of a modem.

The bugs that windows modems (HELL) brought to the first linuxes like Slackware (we had recompile all drivers and open pppd with a tmux pinging an endpoint or the daemon died).

They never felt what is to be all night wardialing to companies.
Poor kids...
"Oh, I'm a DEVOP". FUCK YOUR DEVOP SHIT.
I'M A SYSADMIN! I PWN THE SERVER!
I AM ROOT!

So when did you start out, and when did you start watching Mr. Robot? I started watching Mr. Robot in mid-2016, and started out a few weeks later.

Setup vulnerable machines and use your l33t sk1llz to try and "hack" them. If, after some time you really can't "hack" them, work on your l33t sk1llz and come back. But surely don't look up how to do it, that takes off the fun.

You always have HackerSploit on YouTube, the l33test h4x0r in the world! youtu.be/JGIUzPq2Koc

read manuals dolan

And this is how they party
youtu.be/KOuPS5Zi77g

acm.org/binaries/content/assets/education/curricula-recommendations/csec2017.pdf

Pretty interesting.

It's a curriculum guideline for cybersecurity programs, so it has extensive information on what knowledge you should attain to be proficient in cybersec.

Attached: cybersec.png (835x1068, 511K)

Yes, I was also working on samy kamkar's rolljam, But I am new to radio frequency so farthest I got was jamming at 315 frequency, which does work, a guy in a volkswagen couldn't unlock his car at first. But that was a while ago. Now I have a crush on this girl at work, I asked her to hang out last week but I was so nervous, and beta I wasn't sure if she said "I can't this weekend" or "I can't" but thats different board, in a different thread.

So boys, its 5/10, did you save the world?

Attached: Mr.-Robot.jpg (1200x799, 109K)

started hacking about one year ago, and started watching Mr. Robot a few weeks ago. The show is fucking amazing, too.