Which is better Ubunto or linux mint...

Which is better Ubunto or linux mint, Windows 10 is pissing me off I disabled windows updates and it turned it on somehow and blocked software I pirated (Ableton live 0) Any help I would appreciate, thanks

Attached: Ubuntu-linux-cloud-os-2.jpg (1228x768, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/
store.steampowered.com/linux
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Security
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mint KDE 18.3 or Kubuntu 18.04
go with mint, its easy

Attached: Screenshot_20180418_121844.png (1600x900, 145K)

Ok thanks Any reasons why its better?

also use this link, whatever you pick
sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/

Kubuntu 18 is pretty sweet. Ubuntu works so much smoother than windows 10 as your desktop. I get annoyed when I have to use windows on my other pc.

Lubuntu or Xubuntu

Attached: cmp-all4(2).png (698x690, 32K)

They're both equally great. It's just a matter of taste. Go with Ubuntu.

Yeah windows is annoying how it spys on you and does not let you keep updates off I am going to go with linux mint KDE 64 bit is that the best?

bit less bloat. And you dont have to spend time on the Privacy settings.

its not "better" i just find KDE on mint smooth. As an average user, you wont really see big differences. Try them both. Also you can go with these but KDE is more modern. Just stay away from something called GNOME

Ubuntu budgie

Attached: Workspace 1_013.jpg (1366x768, 143K)

So is Linux mint KDE 64 bit the best for them not spying on you?

Can you play games on Linux or ubunto or do you have to switch to windows 10 for games?

generally all FOSS gnu/linux OSs dont spy on you, but if you wanna talk about the best then its not ubuntu or mint. But dont worry, miint and ubuntu are safe.

You probably use hardware with backdoors for the NSA so whatever OS you run youre still fucked in that sense. It depends what you want to do. If youre gonna watch youtube, yeah mint and ubuntu wont send anything

store.steampowered.com/linux
lots of choices but if youre a gaymer then diual boot and use w10 for games only.
ideally, quit vidya and pick up another hobby

It's close to windows. Easy to get used to

whats the best?

Ubuntu

>Which is better Ubunto or linux mint
If you want to be a leet epic Jow Forumsentoo man, then Arch or Gentoo, you will be absolutely epic and you can be like Neo in the Matricks... otherwise, if you want to be a boring human being who does awful things like being productive and working on stuff that matters, and don't want to waste time on OSes (btw. Linus Torvalds is of this kind), Ubuntu is the best we have for now imo. the level of support you get is crazy. Whatever problem you have, if you Google "[problem] + ubuntu", you will have a person with Ubuntu explaining how to solve it. I tried many distros and this is unparalleled with Ubuntu, it's just amazing. So it's the best we have for now. And now I will say something that will make me appear like a follower of the Antichrist on Jow Forums but I think Google's new OS (codename "Fuchsia") could be something we will be using a lot in the future... something open source, working well, but with the ease of use and support of Windows.

Kubuntu 18.04

Pretty good

Attached: 800px-LinuxCon_Europe_Linus_Torvalds_03_(cropped).jpg (800x1113, 124K)

what is better Arch or gentoo I want top tier the best of the best

Test out Manjaro instead of MInt and Ubuntu. It's getting very popular and is very noob friendly but it isn't as normie as 'buntu and mint. It's number one on distrowatch.

im too noob to answer that but Alpine Linux, Tails OS are some examples, google it or ask /fglt/. What matter more is what you do on the internet. You can do things like use a VPN and DNScrypt along with many other that idk about.

here
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Security

It seems as if youre very concerned with security and privacy, what are you trying to do? Theres no reason to go for the best for everyday use of a desktop, ubuntu and mint are just fine.

ok thanks but what is the best of the best Arch or Gentoo? I want the best

I use tails if I want privacy. Now I am just wondering whats better Arch or gentoo?

What do you mean by best? best for what? Video games? not gentoo. Security? idk but try alpine. User friendliness without spying? Mint or ubuntu

I just want to make music with abelton live 9 and not be spyed on

opensuse

This.

Don't fall for the meme yet. Arch and Gentoos aren't noob friendly, try Manjaro

Ubuntu develops stuff designed to work only on Ubuntu, where Mint replaces a lot of that software with KISS alternatives that are quite nice.
Mint also goes one step further from Ubuntu in the "just werks" area.

YAST is awesome, but openSUSE is pretty unstable and slow and has a pretty small repo (though most of the stuff you'll ever need is in custom repo's that can be added in a few clicks).

Reminder.

Attached: 1507835841829.png (660x734, 38K)

lel that's horrible

Reminder that the common desktop user wouldn't care about any of that.

Underrated

It's funny that you post this old graph.
Kubuntu 18.04 uses less memory on first boot than Xubuntu 18.04.

I want to go with arch because I've seen it and I like it, but this is the first time I try Linux, and coming from win10.
I'll probably have to Wait and stay away from arch. What's the beatbox option? Mint or manjaro? Welp

Attached: IMG_0223.jpg (499x438, 68K)

Best*, not beatbox

Wait 2 weeks and install openSUSE Leap 15. It's gonna be comfy as hell.

Manjaro is based on Arch, it's basically Arch for noobs. I recommend Manjaro, it has many different editions, check out the site and their official/community editions section

Either are good choices. If you're used to windows, mint has a similar styled start menu.
Other than that they're very similar, mint is built on top of Ubuntu.

Personally I use mint but thats because I have it setup the way I like. If I didn't think it would be a hassle to switch to xubuntu 18.04 and configure everything to my liking, I'd do that.

Thanks fampai
Have some tiddies

Attached: IMG_0188.jpg (2418x3284, 1.38M)

just download all the isos that interest you and try them one by one. in the end they're all more or less the same and you'll run into the same problems no matter which one you use.
my suggestion is to use the one that has all the drivers you need out of the box, because that shit is a nighmare to fix if it doesn't

manjaro is basically an easier version of arch. Try debian, its what ubuntu is based off of and its rock solid + much easier for scrubs..

You should go for Kubuntu 18.04
If you are a good goy and have an nvidia card go for ubuntu bugdie
try to avoid the broken mess that Gnome shell is, you'll need quite a couple extensions to have a proper DE and said extensions are just 3rd party hacks that break constantly with minor updates.

Manjaro is pretty good, despite what Jow Forums says.
Kubuntu 18.04 is also a good choice.

Don't listen to You will try to install Debian, your wifi will not work, then you will come asking for help on Jow Forums and he's gonna be the first retard to call you newbie, normie, etc, also
>Prehistoric packages
Just go for a distro that is friendlier towards new users

>despite what Jow Forums says
You shouldn't forget that Jow Forums is always wrong

I changed from linux mint 17 to Kubuntu 18
it boots much faster, everything flows about the same or faster
no cons yet, been running since day 1 of 18.03

lol you dumb fuck, windows defender probably quarantined the ableton exe file because there's a trojan in it.

weren't LXDE and razor qt merged together to be the same thing now called LXqt?

Gentoo requires a lot more autism than arch, and even sexy requires a good amount. Linux from scratch even requires a fuck ton more autism than gentoo if you want to try that.

>tfw phone posting
I meant to say that even arch requires a good amount of autism